Damien Darhk and Malcolm Merlyn better watch out, because Legends of Tomorrow‘s White Canary is feeling vengeful.
COMIC-CON 2016 Exclusive Videos, Casting News, Scoop and More
With both baddies joining the CW series for Season 2 as part of the Legion of Doom (details here), “I’m excited because Sara really wants to kill these people,” Caity Lotz said on Saturday at the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panel. “[Malcolm] killed me, and Damien Darhk… I’m very excited to get my hands on him,” given that he killed sis Laurel Lance.
The quartet of enemies – Captain Cold and Reverse-Flash flesh out the gnarly group – won’t be the only challenge facing the Waverider heroes.
“They’re almost victims of their own success” coming off last season’s mission, executive producer Phil Klemmer previewed. “Once you’ve climbed Everest, what is there left to conquer?” Well, there’s the fallout from the destruction of the Oculus. “Time has been left unguarded. Now they’re in charge of guarding all of history” and “fixing these things called aberrations.”
Other highlights from the panel:
* Within the first few minutes of the Season 2 premiere, Stephen Amell will make an appearance as Star City mayor Oliver Queen. As seen in the trailer below, Damien Darhk will also show up in the installment, circa 1942.
* With his “shadow gone” (aka Leonard Snart), “Rory this year is going to be even more outrageous than he was last year,” Dominic Purcell teased.
* Will White Canary find a new love in Season 2? “Sara’s kind of a player. She’s having fun. She’s a bit of a Casanova,” Lotz replied. “I did [say], ‘I’d love for Sara to get a nice girlfriend coming up.’ We’ll see. It’s kind of hard to find love when you’re traveling through time on a spaceship. But somehow, Sara finds time.”
* For Rip, there’s a “big twist with him quite early on that changes everything,” Arthur Darvill teased.
* Jonah Hex will return in Episode 6.
* Maisie Richardson-Sellers predicts that her new team member Vixen will “struggle with Rory” and “gel with Sara.”
* New series regular Nick Zano (playing Dr. Nate Heywood aka Citizen Steel) has always wanted to work with Victor Garber, so he got understandably flustered while shooting a scene recently with the veteran actor. After Garber said his line, ‘There was silence , and [Victor] looked at me and said, ‘Your turn,'” Zano recalled.
Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 premieres Thursday, Oct. 13 at 8/7c on The CW.
Press PLAY below to watch a highlight reel and get a sneak peek at Season 2.