The ladies of Kappa Kappa Tau — along with a few new, handsome faces — assembled Friday for Scream Queens‘ Comic-Con panel, where they dropped some major Season 2 intel.
Season 1 veterans Abigail Breslin, Billie Lourd, Keke Palmer, Lea Michele, Emma Roberts and Jamie Lee Curtis were joined by newcomers John Stamos and Taylor Lautner and executive producer Ian Brennan. Here’s what we learned:
* There’s a three-year time jump between Seasons 1 and 2.
* The hospital where Season 2 takes place is owned by Dean Munsch, who “parlays her fame as an icon of a new movement called new-new feminism … into purchasing a hospital. It’s unclear what her reasoning is.” The hospital is also a former asylum, though it’s not the one we saw at the end of Season 1.
* In addition to being a surgeon, Stamos’ character is “the recipient of the world’s first complete hand transplant. [He] may have the hand of a brilliant surgeon, or [he] may have one from a squash player who killed his opponents.”
* Cecily Strong will guest-star as a patient in the hospital.
* The Chanels are “down and out” when we first encounter them, Brennan said. “They’ve fallen from glamour, but they’re trying to hold onto it as much as they can,” Roberts added. “It’s funny seeing them try to hold onto their style when they have no money.” Also be on the lookout for some fashionable hospital gear, including fur stethoscopes.
* “We don’t know where Hester is” at the top of Season 2, according to Brennan. Added Michele, “I’m very happy I’m not with these guys in the hospital, but we do have scenes together. My costume is very comfortable, and I have a fun new accessory to play with.” (Is anybody else imagining a pregnant Hester?)
* Zayday is a med student who’s willing to help Dean Munsch for giving her the opportunity.* Season 2 is “blooder and funnier,” according to Brennan. “We’re leaning into the creepiness a little more, and into the comedy.”