Move over, Hillary and Donald. Enrique Murciano wants to be the next leader of the free world.
The project is set in the wake of a hotly contested presidential election, as America finds itself plunging into a modern-day Civil War. Murciano will play Speaker of the House Juan Reyes, the Republican candidate for POTUS.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Jeff Daniels (The Newsroom) and Merritt Wever (The Walking Dead) have joined the cast of Netflix’s limited series Godless, per The Hollywood Reporter. The 1884-set Western, from executive producer Steven Soderbergh (The Girlfriend Experience) and writer Scott Frank (Out of Sight), follows a menacing outlaw (Daniels) who is terrorizing the West as he hunts down his son-like partner-turned-mortal enemy (Skins‘ Jack O’Connell).
* Narcos Season 2 will premiere Sept. 2 at 12: 01 am PT on Netflix. Watch the video announcement below:
Popular on TVLine
* Showtime has made the premiere of its upcoming music series Roadies, from creator Cameron Crowe (Almost Famous), available to watch early via YouTube, Facebook, SHO.com, iTunes and across SVOD platforms. The one-hour comedy, starring Luke Wilson (Enlightened) and Carla Gugino (Wayward Pines), debuts Sunday, June 26 at 10/9c.
* Comedy Central has renewed Idiotsitter for a second season, to air in 2017.
* VH1 Hip Hop Honors: All Hail the Queens, airing live from New York on July 11, will celebrate the career of, among others, Queen Latifah.