Now that he’s done stints in Seattle and Chicago, Kelsey Grammer has set his sights on Hollywood.
The Frasier and Boss vet will co-star opposite Matt Bomer in The Last Tycoon, Amazon’s drama pilot based on F. Scott Fitzgerald’s unfinished novel.
The potential series stars Bomer as movie mogul Monroe Stahr, who rises to power as a wunderkind studio executive in the 1930s. Per Deadline, Grammer will play Pat Brady, the brawny, charming and vain studio head against whom Monroe is pitted on his journey to success.
Rosemarie DeWitt (United States of Tara) has also been cast as Rose Brady, Pat’s wife who may be involved with Monroe.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Titan Comics will produce a comic-book series based on Penny Dreadful, to be penned by writers from the Showtime drama. Per THR, the first comic will be released in Spring 2016.
* Season 7 of Childrens Hospital will premiere Friday, Jan. 22, at 11/10c on Adult Swim, the network announced Tuesday.
* Mackenzie Davis (Halt and Catch Fire) and Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Touch) will star in one of Netflix’s upcoming Black Mirror episodes, though a tight lid is being kept on plot details, TheWrap reports.
* Hulu on Tuesday renewed its original drama series East Los High for a 12-episode fourth season.
* NBC has teamed with Undateable actor Rick Glassman (“Burski”) to debut The Sixth Lead, a five-episode web series that chronicles Glassman’s behind-the-scenes life at the Chris D’Elia-led comedy. The first installment is embedded below; subsequent episodes will be available on NBC.com.