Joy Bryant is trading in her ballet shoes for a stethoscope.
The actress — best known for playing dancer Jasmine Trussell on Parenthood — has booked a recurring role on Rosewood.
Per EW.com, Bryant will play Dr. Erica Kincaid, a cardiologist with a bold personality who takes on Rosewood as a new patient — and possibly a love interest.
Rosewood airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on Fox; Bryant will make her debut on the March 9 installment.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Amazon announced Tuesday that the 10-episode second season of Mozart in the Jungle will be available exclusively for Prime members on Wednesday, Dec. 30 (in the U.S., U.K., Germany and Austria).
* Nashville will be honored with the first-ever International Impact Award during CMT’s Artists of the Year special, airing live on Wednesday, Dec. 2, at 8/7c.
* Seth MacFarlane, Trisha Yearwood and Juanes have been added to the performance roster for Sinatra 100 — An All-Star Grammy Concert, airing Sunday, Dec. 6, at 9/8c on CBS.
* black-ish star Anthony Anderson has signed on to host the NAACP Image Awards through 2017. The 47th annual ceremony will be broadcast Friday, Feb. 5, at 9/8c on TV One.
* MTV has released a sneak peek at the opening title sequence of its upcoming fantasy series The Shannara Chronicles, about three heroes who embark on a quest to stop a demon army from destroying the world. Press PLAY below to see the credits, ahead of the two-hour series premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 5, at 10/9c.