Pretty Little Liars made its New York Comic-Con debut on Friday, where the ABC Family drama’s cast and crew spilled some crucial details about Season 6B (premiering Jan. 12).
All five liars — Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell, Troian Bellisario and Sasha Pieterse — were on hand, along with the show’s executive producers, to give fans a taste of what’s to come when PLL returns in January, beginning with a screening of the premiere’s first four minutes.
Highlights from those four minutes include:
* The premiere begins with a touching nod to the past five-and-a-half seasons, with echoes of the girls’ previous “A” accusations echoing through the halls of Rosewood High School.
* “Dr. Rollins” is helping Alison prepare for a hearing: Charlotte’s release!
* Spencer is living in Washington, D.C. “To have her be so successful in her career and be in … a political world was very exciting for me,” Bellisario says.
* Ezra published his book, and you can count Aria among his readers. “I was excited to see what Aria was going to pursue,” Hale says. “She takes a left turn and falls in love with writing and becomes a publisher. You’ll find out why she was looking at Ezra on the back of his book. … I think they’ll always be in each other’s lives. It’s complicated.”
* Prepare to think Hanna has a daughter, seen sitting next to her on a plane. (But don’t get too excited — she’s just watching her for someone else.) “She got into fashion and moved to New York,” Benson teases. “She traveled the world
* Emily’s a bartender in a tropical locale. (Surprised?) “Out of all the girls, her time away is the hardest,” Mitchell says. “She goes through some things.”
PLL fans, your thoughts on the latest teases from Comic-Con? Hopes/fears for Season 6B? Drop ’em all in a comment below.