Exclusive

First Look: Rookie Blue's Original Cast Takes Center Stage in Season 6

Rookie Blue Season 6 Poster

As Rookie Blue heads into its sixth — and possibly last — season, the focus is back on the Original Five, a point driven home in the ABC drama’s new key art.

RELATED Rookie Blue Season 6 Spoilers: Andy and Sam’s Baby Mama Drama, Nick’s Mysterious Love and More

Featuring the core group of Chris, Traci, Andy, Gail and Dov — sorry, Chloe and Nick fans, they’re MIA — the poster portrays the no-longer-naive cops in a confident, edgy light. After all, “they have all grown and are more resilient than ever,” per the official logline for Season 6 (debuting Stateside June 25 at 10/9c).

Check out the first look below, then hit the comments with your hopes for 15 Division’s finest.

Rookie Blue Season 6 Poster

1. Kim R says:

We are already 2 episodes in here in Canada. I didn’t realize the US wasn’t airing it at the same time. This explains the fact is has been missing in your What To Watch items. :) It must be hard not to see spoilers online.

2. Cate53 says:

I know I’m in the minority but I can’t stand Sam! Andy can do so much better – or, you know NOT BE chasing a guy all the time as pretty much her whole storyline! Hopefully Chris’ drug troubles are over. Will Dov be as self righteous as ever? I love snarky Gail but will they follow up on either of her storylines – the adoption and her on-off romance with pathologist Holly

• Shaun says:

Holly moved away last season

• Gerald says:

Thank you Cate53. I love Missy and I love Andy, but HATE how she acts around Sam. He ruins her character as she mopes around pining after him. Ugh.
      I’m in Canada and so far the newbies still get a lot of screen time, but it is nice to see the more senior cops now acting out of confidence and not being as naive as previous seasons. Chris’s story line is pretty great. I won’t spoil anything.

• I’m glad i’m not the only one! I love to see the on/off because it does provide the on going story but I wish they would have done more with Andy and Nick!

• A.M says:

You are not the only one, I do not like Sam and Andy together. I don’t like what that relationship turns her into..she’s the one always compromising and so many complications.
      I do not like what they did to Gail’s character.

• Benington says:

I agree with you about Andy and Sam. I do not hate Sam, but they have a completely dysfunctional relationship. I even posted about it, when Andy was torn between Nick and Sam. Almost verbatim…to what I said previously. Why does Andy want an emotionally remote, non verbal Neanderthal. It is time to let go And!!!! You keep going back to him and nothing ever really changes. I get it ladies and some gentlemen, he is a hunk but Nick is adorable and he is such a mensch (Yiddish for a good guy, a man of character). You know why she does not let go…because Andy has self-esteem issues. There is a wonderful quote…the true definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Just switch the word insanity with dysfunctional behavior

• Nan says:

Well, I seem to be in the minority, also!. I think Nick is/would be so good for Andy. No more Nick!

• Lieve Peten says:

well I’m still hoping for Nick and Andy to get together somehow…. Can’t stand Sam either!

3. bj says:

The original 6 is fine by me. I can’t stand Duncan. I don’t see the point of having him. If it was to add humor, it doesn’t work – he’s not funny. And he’s a terrible cop. I wish they’d get rid of him.

I also hope it’s not the last season.

• Mr. Tran K says:

I know. The network over in Canada will make a decision soon on the future of Rookie Blue as does in Stateside (ABC).

• bj says:

The network here probably will wait to see if ABC will want another season. The sale of the show in the states is often a deciding factor, unfortunately.

• Mike says:

Yeah….They’ll probably start ANOTHER Shark Tank spin off show. Rich douches lecturing people on how to get rich

• liseanne says:

I agree with you about Duncan…he is a terrible character, boring and not funny at all. I too hope this is not the last season. I LOVE THIS SHOW!

• I really think that Duncan is there to bring in the bombing storyline and his stepfather. I still think those two are responsible for this bombing and the suspect being killed in the interrogation room.

• joanne says:

I don’t like duncan at all either. How can we find out if this will be it’s last season. I love the show.

• A.M says:

If they are going to continue with McSwarek then I’m fine with this being the final season

• Nan says:

Yes, Duncan is so irritating!

4. Amelia says:

As much as I enjoy the original cast I do really like the Nick character, too!

5. Mr. Tran K says:

Missy Peregrym is smokin’ HOT.

6. fatalsin says:

I couldnt wait so I watched the 2 episodes online last night

7. Jess says:

Boring poster.

8. S says:

Season 5 really jumped the shark for me. I love the original cast, but Nick and Oliver are such strong characters. I hated how they evolved Andy into a co-dependent mess with dumping Nick on a whim…..and let’s not even begin the Duncan debacle (things we can never unsee. If it’s the last season, I hope you reward long time fans with believable storylines.

• A.M says:

The Duncan storyline still gets me mad..I don’t think they can ever redeem Duncan’s character to make him likable.
      The show spend season 4 making us fall in love with Andy and Nick and then in s5 she dumps him just because Sam was essentially single again…forget the shooting!

9. GraceM says:

Two episodes in and I’m already enjoying season 6. I really hope there’s a season 7 & 8! :)

• Andi P. says:

I do too. And I am a huge fan! I live stateside in Texas and was so sad bc I was gonna have to wait another month for season 6 premiere but fortunately I found a free website and it’s on already :-) :-) :-). They make us wait too long in between seasons here in the states and I have MAJOR withdrawals :-)

10. maria says:

Finally some ABC promotion! Looking forward to Sam and Andy. Not looking forward to Marlo her baby but can we just ignore the kid? Lovely poster.

• wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I agree. I’m tired of baby story lines but it seems like that’s where most shows end up going.

• Mikayl says:

I’m so over it too. I don’t know why this Marlo person is back again in the first place.

• Mike says:

I’m thinking either miscarriage or some sort of incident involving bullets especially since they’re looking for a dirty copy

• Dawn says:

Im thinking it’s someone else’s baby and she’s going to try to pawn it off on being Sam’s baby to try to win him back.

11. wrstlgirl says:

Love this show and look forward to it every Summer but it’s probably time for it to end. Unless they can come up with some meatier story lines not sure how much of their story there is to tell.

12. Jess says:

I doubt this is the last season. This is one of the bigger and best shows of the summer. And one of the last Canadian shows left on TV during the summer. I am not a big fan of Andy and Sam and wish Nick would get with someone for once who isn`t a cop. Miss Dov and Chloe together. They were great together and she was great for him. Dov is too uptight now. I miss the way he used to be.

13. dude says:

Having watched the first two episodes, I wouldn’t say the focus is on the core group any more than it always has been.

14. Mike says:

American viewer here. I’ve seen episodes 1 and 2 and I still love this show. Matter of fact I like ALOT of the Canadian shows. Much better than the crap they put on here (The Briefcase! – my ass, America’s got talent, blah, blah,blah). I also watch Motive, and Continuum and I am still SO PISSED they took a fabulous show with so many possibilities and cheaped out with a 6 episode season 4. If I didn’t know better I would’ve thought USA owned Continuum. But then again since it’s on SyFy/WWE (owned by same Comcast cheapskates as USA) then that’s probably why. Keep Rookie Blue coming.

• melisha watt says:

How did you watch the episodes already?
      I am excited for this upcoming season to start…hate that we are behind canada once again on episodes.

15. sylvie says:

I love Rookie Blue i dont think this should be their last season and also I live in canada

16. Sure hope it won’t be the final season.. it’s one of the better cop shows !

17. Tina says:

I’m loving the original 6 I can’t wait to see it here in the states and I love Sam and Andy I hope they can get past this hump in there relationship coming their way with Marlo pregnancy:(… Can’t wait to see if Gail gets her wish on becoming a mom Chris needs to man up he still acts like a kid I think Dov would look better in plain clothes Tracy is one hell of a detective I’m praying for season 7,8,9,10,11,12,13 you get the picture

18. Jenny B. says:

I am only at the beginning of the 5th season but I hope Sam and Andy get back together and stay together. I’m glad their going to go back to the orginal characters. I don’t think Andy should have dated Nick to begin with. It would be nice to have him completely out of the picture.

19. Nicole says:

Love sam and Andy together but can’t say I’m a fan of chris at all. Guy is not a great actor and storyline is boring. Nick on the other hand…..

20. Marlene Smith12 says:

So glad Rookie Blue is back but please don’t end with this season. My fav show, have saved 27 episodes on DVR. This is not your average cop show, it’s above all the rest . Think I’ll have a party for all my Rookie Blue fans when it premiers.

21. Julie says:

I love Andy and Sam. I hate that they brought back Marlo character. I’ll tune in to see how it goes but haven’t been loving it like the first few seasons.

22. I live in Scotland and have watched the first episode, I won’t ruin or give anything away. I really hope they continue the show I absolutely love it. Love Sam and Andy together, hope all works out for them even with Marlo back. Without giving anything away, the first episode will have you all talking :)

23. Lizzie Allen says:

love this show

24. Cheryl says:

Love this show why do you keep taking off all the great shows that ppl love to watch..

25. Cheryll says:

I think the Dunkin character was brought in for everyone to hate but grow to like. I’m giving this character a chance. They had to have some kind of drama.

26. joanne says:

What about nick? He’s handsome and very nice. Say this isn’t so iy might be it’s last season.

27. Sunflower says:

I can’t wait for the new season to begin here in the states. I’ve been trying to watch any spoilers I can but it’s just a tease. Please don’t make this the last season this show is as good as Greys Anatomy if not better.

28. A.M says:

I can’t stand Andy and Sam, all the angst and tears are intolerable.

29. Carol Williams says:

Please don’t let it be the last season. It is the best show on television.

30. Diana McMaster says:

I’d love to see Andy and Sam get pregnant as well that way the siblings can grow together and Andy gets to have SAMs baby too… Please find Oliver a good woman because he is divorced right?

31. lynne says:

Super excited…cant wait..love this cast and show.

32. Tammy says:

LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Audrey Somers says:

i cannot find this show any where on abc in the states. Can anyone tell me where it will be and where can I find the did for season 5

34. MP says:

I love this show, too. It’s such a great summer show and I’m glad ABC never tried to put it on with regular scheduling and left it for summer. I wish Canada and the US would have the same start date. I can’t wait to watch it here in the US so I’m already caught up with Canada (thank you internet). I’ve enjoyed both episodes so far. Except for Duncan. He was awful last season and he’s equally as awful this season.

35. Sabrina says:

I really like Sam and Andy, since marlo came back to 15 division she’s been ok but I don’t want her baby news to ruin Sam and Andy’s relationship. I really hope they don’t cut out Chole and Nick in this season cos I really like Chole and Nick plays a good part. I prefer Chole more than Andy, she’s pretty, funny and different. I hope to see more of Oliver’s girlfriend too (Celery) she’s cool and I miss when he used to go out and patrol the streets, he should do more of that. Steve Peck I think is a great character and I would like to see him get a little more action like fighting scenes with criminals

36. CJ says:

THIS CAN’T BE THE LAST SEASON…I LOVE THESE GUYS!! ANDY NEEDS TO GET BACK W/ NICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37. Dawn says:

I love Rookie Blue. I really hope this is not the last season. I Also wish it would run longer than it does it seems like it’s only on for a few weeks and then I have to wait like 8 months for it to be on again. I am hooked-dont cancel it.

38. rosemary muffley says:

Can’t wait for the new season and hope it’s not the last. Rookie Blue is great plus I love seeing Toronto

39. Andi P. says:

I love this show and have been a huge fan from day one and was sad bc they wait too long stateside to air the next season. I was sad bc it kept saying we wouldn’t get to see it here until june but fortunately for me I found a FREE website that airs it and have gotten to see the first 2 episodes of season six already and don’t have to wait till june :-) :-) :-) :-)

40. Joan says:

Sure hope it isn’t last. Why take off all the good shows;

41. lorraine says:

dont end the show! !!!

42. Vilma says:

I can’t wait to watch the new season 6

43. Liz says:

I love Rookie Blue, have watched and have 63 episodes. I am in the U.S. so I have to wait until June 25 th because of the NBA games. I love Sam and Andy, hoping they can get through the Marlo pregnancy without breaking up. I have watched this couple grow and mature in the last 5 seasons and they have a special bond. I introduced this show to all of my family and a host of friends and we all love it. Please do not cancel this show!!!

44. Linda Bruner says:

Love this show. Love it. Love it. Love it!!

• Sunflower says:

I can’t believe we have to fight for a season 7 (8, 9,etc.) and Grey’s Anatomy is going on season 12. What is wrong with this picture Rookie Blue is as good if not better than Grey. Please reconsider – it doesn’t sound like ABC is having the problem but Tassie Cameron.

45. Nicole says:

NNOO!!!… Please don’t stop here!.. So many good tv shows are going off air, NOT this one too!!!

46. pam arnold says:

andy an sam forever..love them as a couple

47. Jordan D says:

I love SAM AND ANDY. It’s been them from the start. I just wish the writers would stop throwing in so many obstacles. This is what’s been ruining things. The Marlo baby drama is a big soap opera and just another twist. I DID NOT like Nick and Andy together. Seemed more like brother and sister. Too much alike. I do like Nick but not with Andy. I think he and Chloe would be great together and I LOVED, LOVED him with Gail. I have been lucky enough to see the episodes through a friend in CAnada so by the time it comes on ABC I will have watched the first 4. So looking forward to Andy and Sam getting married this season…… CAn’t wait.

48. I LOVE, LOVE SAM and Andy together. They have been it from the first episode. He’s always been there for her. It was love at first sight and it has been growing by leaps and bounds through the years. Can’t wait until they get married. I know the writers have thrown a lot of wrenches into their relationship which hasn’t always shed great light on things but I blame them, not Sam and Andy.

I like Nick but NOT with Andy. They are too much alike and more like brother and sister. No chemistry and passion. They would get bored with each other.

49. Fabbie R. says:

Really enjoy this show, love Sam and Andy. And love, love the old Gail, not the softy one.

50. Barb Thomson says:

4 episodes in now and believe me ,it’s well worth the wait! This year, the cast and crew are on fire!