Trevor Noah's Daily Show Premiere Date Announced -- Watch First Promo

The Daily Show‘s post-Jon Stewart era will officially launch in the fall.

Comedy Central has set Sept. 28 as the premiere date for The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.

Noah’s debut will arrive two months after Stewart’s Aug. 6 swan song.

“No one can replace Jon Stewart,” Noah said back in March. “But together with the amazing team at The Daily Show, we will continue to make this the best damn news show!”

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Can’t wait come August 6th for Jon Stewart’s farewell to The Daily Show but as Trevor Noah said “no one can replace Jon Stewart”. Guess I’m sticking around to watch The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore for the rest of my life.

2. Ezzy says:

This guy will fail..

3. g says:

regrettably he’s already starting on the wrong foot …. Jon Stewart has said for many years – The Daily Show is NOT a news program – it’s a comedy show ABOUT the news.

I really wish they would have picked Jessica Jones
    1 – she’s HOT
    2 – she’s been funnier than Trevor Noah (on TDS so far from his limited appearances)
    3 – she’s a woman
    4 – she’s earned her shot (with the other more senior correspondents deciding to leave the show) and even the producers of Hot Tub Time Machine 2 thought in the future the host would Jessica Jones
    5 – she comes across as smart & genuine person who could honor Jon’s legacy

4. Tammy says:

We watched one of his comedy specials…. he’s okay. I can’t tell he is very intelligent and his jokes were well thought out. Just not laugh out loud funny. We will give him a chance. I don’t think Larry Wilmore is funny every night either but I enjoy his show. Personally my favorite show right now is @midnight!

• dman6015 says:

Jon Stewart wasn’t exactly “killing them” with his stand-up routines, either. Lots of people had the same comments about him when he replaced Craig Kilborn.

5. cuius says:

The rate other cast and production members are leaving, it’s going to be a one-man show

• Zoe says:

Yeah, I noticed that too. People are jumping ship all over the place. Maybe Noah isn’t going to be as good as these promos suggest.

6. specialka says:

I’ll definitely give him a chance.

7. luke says:

Jordan Klepper would’ve been a perfect replacement. The guy is hilarious. Still can’t figure out how this Noah guy got the gig.

8. Masnoena says:

He got the job coz he ain’t American! Oh no what did I just say??! Was I offensive? Maybe you people over there should stop fantasising that the entire world bows down to you or even appreciate what you think or say…we don’t..

9. Peter Griffin says:

I think Trevor will be a great addition and change to the daily show, Embrace change! He’s energetic and determined !!