Exclusive

Dominion First Look: Season 2 Trailer Proves Angelic War Is Holy Hell

Loading video...

If the idea of angels among us comes as a comfort, then you haven’t been watching Syfy’s Dominion.

Don’t worry — this exclusive first look at the series’ Season 2 trailer will bring you up to sacred speed faster than you can say “what a wingspan!”

RELATED Summer TV Calendar: HannibalLiarsMistresses and 105+ Other Dates to Save

Upcoming episodes of the post-apocalyptic series, which returns on Thursday, July 9 (10/9c), will see a continuation of Gabriel and Michael’s ongoing angelic battle at the same time that Claire and David find themselves on opposite sides of a human civil war brewing in Vega.

Meanwhile, Alex travels to the human outpost of New Delphi in search of a military alliance and Michael comes across a seemingly perfect town untouched by the chaos around it. (If it’s run by someone calling himself The Governor, Michael, run.)

RELATED Syfy Orders The Magicians to Series

The drama’s second season also features cast additions Nic Bishop (Covert Affairs) as “brilliant but troubled military genius” Gates, Simon Merrells (Spartacus: War of the Damned) as New Delphi leader Julian, Christina Chong (24: Live Another Day) as Archangel Corps defector Zoe, Olivia Mace (the BBC’s Doctors) as leader of the untouched town Laurel and newcomer Luke Tyler as a teen named Pete who was born after the angelic battle began and has never lived in peaceful times.

In the trailer above, Alex gives a little background for newbies, Claire looks worried, Gabriel is bloodthirsty, Michael beseeches his “father,” and a battered-but-not-bowed David indignantly orders someone to step up and lead.

Press PLAY on the video above to get a look at what’s ahead, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Sally says:

Oh, God (well, pun intended), this looks amazing. And scary. And fantastic!

2. Mike says:

seaoson 2 going to be awesome

3. Kris says:

Cannot wait for Dominion Season 2! Season 1 was a smart sexy thrill ride!

4. Kit says:

Wowers! Cannot wait …. A little over a month!

5. Sara says:

Thanks so much for covering Dominion! I can’t wait for it to premiere in July!

6. Dot says:

Dominion Season 2 is going to be great. I cannot wait for season 2 The whole show is mind blowing .. best cast and crew.

7. Hal says:

Awesome!! Can´t wait! What I find so fascinating is that Dominion takes place after everything went to hell, after the great war between humans and angels, and it goes to hell even more. It´s different and unique. Season 2 is going to rock!

8. Dorothy says:

Oh, my freaking Gosh this show so awesome. I cannot wait for Season 2 or 3. Is July here yet?

9. DotMF2 says:

Dominion absolute dramatic with lots of action. Season 2 is going to be amazing. I cannot wait for season 2 to come on in july.

10. Dianthrax says:

I wasn’t sure if there was going to be a season 2; I’m so excited and very impressed with what the trailer revealed so far. I hope to learn more about Michael and his relationship with Gabriel and maybe see some of the other archangels. The actors are fantastic and there’s so much story to explore…I can’t wait!
    I also really dig the use of the song Dear God. Love it.

11. Dominion s2 looks great so far. Very good show and amazing cast. I can’t wait for July, it couldn’t come sooner for me. I hope it does great in ratings department. It deserves it!.

12. Rodica Novac says:

What an awesome trailer!!!! This is the best show I’ve seen in a long time. Incredible story, amazing cast and crew (they are very interactive with fans on twitter). I’m counting the days till July 9th and I’m ready for more seasons! I love this show!

13. Karolina says:

No sophomore slump for Dominion. In fact, everything looks bigger and bolder, and it’s absolutely impossible to predict how it’s all going to go down. Can’t wait for the show’s big return!

14. kaliluna21 says:

Sweet! Looking forward to the next season. (Great song choice for that promo too!)

15. Georgana Meiner says:

I can not wait, hurry July 9….This show is well written, well acted ….

16. J says:

Can’t wait! SPOILER! I want them to bring back Becca. You can turn her into angel or something, I don’t care. Just bring her back!

17. Pam says:

I can’t wait for thursday night. And i really love the song dear god. But does anybody know who is singing it in the trailer? I would really love that version of the song.

18. Nunaya_Bidness says:

I*think* that’s the Sarah McLachlan version of Dear God. Hope that helps!

19. rissa says:

It doesn’t sound like her

20. Pam says:

Finally found out who sings the song on the trailer only to learn its unreleased. So not fair….
    DominionFans.com
    It’s a cover of XTC’s “Dear God”, and it’s by Lawless feat. Sydney Wayser. It’s unreleased, so you can’t get it, unfortunately.