Exclusive

Bones Sneak Peek: Booth and Brennan Take Time Apart... In Separate Homes!

Bones‘ central couple is moving away from each other — literally.

In TVLine’s exclusive video from this Thursday’s episode (Fox, 8/7c), Booth attends a meeting for gambling addicts, where he reveals that he’s got a new place of residence.

Still, despite the fact that Brennan kicked him out of their house, Booth isn’t ready to give up on his marriage.

“Give Bones a call and tell her how good I’m doing here,” the G-man begs his sponsor. But that would require actually sharing during the gathering… and Seeley’s just not ready for that yet.

Press PLAY to watch the preview, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the precarious state of Booth and Brennan’s relationship.

1. David4 says:

Please end the show.

• Jodi Baysden says:

If you don’t like the show don’t watch or even read about it. Then you will not feel the need to comment on it. Find something that entertains you.

• Jeri says:

I agree, if you don’t like a show, why “watch it,” “read about it” and “comment” on it. What do you do for shows you actually enjoy?

• David4 says:

If you don’t like my comments than don’t comment on it.

You people are all so silly. Used to love the show, there is still good left but this storyline is horrible and stupid.

• misery chick says:

People who watch & enjoy this show shouldn’t have to waste time and energy reading your ‘relevant’ comments.

I don’t mean to be rude, but think about it: Your response is probably going to be something along the lines of “If you don’t want to read my comments, then DON’T!” The problem is that people won’t KNOW it’s an anti-Bones (or which show is being discussed at the moment) UNLESS YOU PUT A SPOILER LINE AT THE BEGINNING WITH AMPLE SPACE BEFORE THE COMMENT APPEARS.

C’mon, David4-a fan of a show you’re criticizing would feel compelled to respond after reading a negative comment; so are you offering an opinion you truly believe in OR merely trying to stir up some crap?

It’s your right, but isn’t life WAY too short?

• John NYC says:

Given the complexity of today’s remotes I have some sympathy. Voice control over changing channels simply CANNOT come soon enough.

• luke says:

THIS! End it!

• suzi says:

You all are entitled to your opinion, entitled to state your opinion . However, as it has been stated here, you are not entitled to expect or demand a show to end just because you don’t like it. You Should expect fans of the show to jump all over you, however. More than likely the attention is what you’re looking for anyway.

• annie says:

Agreed. And for the love of Pete PLEASE stop telling people to stop commenting when they’re sharing thoughts you don’t happen to agree with – that’s for Jodi up there but also goes for anyone expressing similar sentiments. You may think you have a good point but you don’t. Discouraging opposition views just results in a boring echo chamber.

• lrdslvrhnd says:

No. “A & B should get together!” “No they shouldn’t, stop commenting!” is one thing.

“End the show!” “Don’t watch it if you don’t like it.” is another thing *entirely*.

Do *NOT* suggest that a show that I still enjoy needs to end. That takes away *my* entertainment. I may not agree with everything they’ve done (goes for all shows I watch, really) but I still enjoy it. If you don’t like it… just don’t watch. You’re happy because you’re no longer watching; I’m happy because I can continue to watch.

In a similar vein, I don’t go to stories about Survivor or American Idol or Goldbergs or Scandal or any of the other umpteen bajillion shows I don’t watch and say “End this show.” Instead, I simply don’t watch the shows, and don’t read the stories. On the list of stuff that I have no interest in mentioned in the last 10 articles in the RSS feed, and thus didn’t read:

-Aquarius
        -American Idol
        -Ryan Seacrest/Critic’s Choice (though I read that article because there’s often one snippet I like in the TVLine Items ones)
        -Amy Schumer/Bachelorette
        -Wayward Pines
        -Clan of the Cave Bear/Ripper Street
        -Ninja Warrior
        -Major Crimes/Wayward Pines (again)/Extant/Hannibal/Defiance (though again, read because Inside Scoop often has stuff I am interested in, but I skimmed past the stuff on most of those and more)

But instead of going to those articles and saying “just end it” – I simply didn’t bother clicking on them. Why? Because I know there are people out there who *do* enjoy them, and good for them. Their enjoyment doesn’t affect me in the slightest.

You don’t like a show? Fine. Don’t watch. Don’t read about it. You used to like a show but think it’s changed too much? Fine. Don’t watch anymore. Pretend it ended where it became a show you no longer enjoy. For instance: For me, Heroes ended after the first season. But I’ll still give Heroes Reborn a chance to win me back.

But don’t you DARE suggest taking away *my* entertainment. The only ones who have that right are the people working on the shows and at the network.

• A says:

People who make statements that any show must end are telling the world they have no control over their life or tv viewing, cos obviously they are being forced to watch said shows by gun point or…call 911 instead!

• David4 says:

The storyline is so horrible that I feel that if this is the best they can do they really need to close up shop.

Don’t like that point of view? Too bad.

• Annie says:

There’s no difference between the two examples you gave. “Don’t you dare”? Really now? Calm down and eat some fruit.

• John NYC says:

Just change the channel

Problem solved, for you.

• and the beauty of free speech is we can counter your insane demand too.

• pat says:

i agree. it will break my heart, but let it go. although it seems a dissenting opinion is not tolerated by others. I loved the show. but i’m tired of desperate story lines. i still check comments to see if maybe a clever episode has popped up. so…. am i still allowed to read comments or read a blurb on what is coming up on the series/

• lrdslvrhnd says:

You want it to end? Then *stop watching*. There. Problem solved. It’s now ended… for you. But it continues for those of us who want it to.

Again: Dissenting opinions is one thing. “End the show” is another thing *entirely*.

• suzyku says:

David, the comment by Jodi Baysden says it all perfectly! Go away and do something else instead of being negative here. You’re not forced to watch the show or to read anything about it either so just stop!

• Sarahq says:

For the love of God people, David4 clearly has nothing better to do with his time and every time one of us comments on his obvious idiocy he is sitting at home clapping his wee little hands together that he has sucked at least a few minutes of time from all of us. So for me, i’m giving him not one more second of thought or my precious time. With that said, BONES ROCKS!!!!!

2. Olie says:

Scarred but excited. Can’t wait for this episode. It’s going to be painful, but I hope also good.

3. July Lark says:

I second that, I watched for 10 years for this? um, no. walking away…..

4. Nancy says:

Well, Booth doesn’t look very sincere about trying to kick the gambling thing……very sad. What a disappointment.

• a says:

Obviously Booth will open up to his sponsor, since the sponsor is in the next ep as well and he will make progress…so chill, Rome wasnt built in a day and addicts dont go into recovery in a few days.

5. Stacie says:

Oh good grief! *rolls eyes*

6. anon says:

Stephen Nathan and Hart Hanson are bare faced liars…they PROMISED that B&B would never break up and what do we have…and dont give me fan wank that they arent…they are a married couple living in separate homes…they are NOT TOGETHER

7. taran63 says:

Brennan seems like the type that expects perfection. I don’t remember Booth kicking her out of their home after she stole his child from him for several months. I still like the show, but this storyline is especially irritating and a little pathetic. I’ll just stop watching the show until this storyline is over with.

• anon says:

She expects people to be without flaw, to be perfect, to live by her expectations and her belief systems….she cant accept that people arent perfect, that they cant live up to her demands….she didnt even care whY Booth relapsed or why he couldnt confide in her, only that he lied, what a shocker an addict LIED and shes an anthropologist? one who has NO understanding of human nature….I pity when Christine grows up with HER OWN MIND, Brennan wont be able to cope and will prolly kick her out too…run Booth…run future Christine…

• Nancy says:

Well Booth didn’t offer any ‘why’s….he just lied in his wife’s face AFTER she’d paid his Bookie $30,000. I didn’t hear him say thank you? Did you?
        It’s so sad that Christine is going to have to learn the hard way that Daddy is an addict and Daddy lies.
        Booth isn’t confiding in anyone, Booth is yet to face facts. Don’t try to blame Brennan for Booth’s choices. Booth freely called the bookie. I have no clue why…..he hasn’t opened his mouth about it yet.
        Booth is causing all the pain. If Brennan hadn’t kicked him out, I doubt he’d even be going through the motions of GA like he is now.

• anon says:

Addicts lie. Addicts deny. Addicts will say or do anything for their fix….this is the reality of an addict…Booth is in full relapse and ìt aint pretty…and he still is in denial of WHY he relapsed….and quite franky if Brennan didnt want to deal with this side of Booth then she should of married someone who wasnt an addict…harsh but true….and I am beyond sick of Brennan using the get out of my life or house card when Booth is in full crisis mode, thats TWICE this season she did this.

• Nancy says:

Well Mr. Full crisis needs to help himself….sorry Brennan can’t fix all his boo boos for him! He’s a big boy and needs to put on his big boy pants and start fixing things. Maybe he needs a second job so he can pay her back the 30K lol

• anon says:

Brennan pov is, that she set up in S9, that her money is Booths too, she left a check lying around nearly triple that amount with no idea where it was … she has no attachment towards money, money means nothing to her.. .so why should I care.

• Nancy says:

Aubrey and Brennan have to clean up after Booth…..poor Booth…..gambling with his wife’s money now! Talk about low!

• anon says:

Aubrey was written into that bookie plot to give John Boyd something to do in the ep…he was useless, he had no leverage with the bookie at all, in fact he made things worse….Brennan should of got Max to pay off the bookie and had a word with him, END OF PROBLEM BOOKIE…which would of happened any other season but not S10 cos Stephen Nathan was so busy trying to force Aubrey into every storyline he lost sight of doing what was best for each character…hence we got a cartoon bookie storyline and a cartoon FBI Agent Aubrey that looks Beavis & Butthead being forced into narratives.

• John NYC says:

His behavior threatened their daughter. That’s a big no-no.

• HS says:

Expecting your husband to be honest with you, after you plead with them is not an unreasonable demand. Not when his dishonesty put you and your children in danger

• mike says:

The problem is the writers! They have rewritten the Bones character to many times over! They went form strong independent to dependent to child like to now speech giving voice of reason with no reason. Bring back season 1-2 Bones character and the show takes off, the voice of no reason perfectionist Bones ruins the show.

• Nan says:

I despise Brennan and can’t understand what Booth or Angela see in her. She’s as arrogant, competitive and smugly superior as Sheldon Cooper. I watch the show for the entire rest of the characters.

8. A says:

What frakking annoys me more than anything is that Stephen Nathan did this storyline 3 eps before the end of the season when he didnt even have a pick up for renewal….what kind of cruel frakking showrunner is he? He just trashed Booth and B&B marriage and relationship with… I am glad he has moved on to another Fox project, he can ruin that too AND maybe BONES can get back on track in S11 with new showrunners

9. Booth is not new to GA so it’s clear he’s not working the program if he’s only attending meetings once a week. At this stage of the game he should be attending every day. Very disappointing. I hope at some point in this episode he gets his head out of his butt and starts to make some serious effort to over-coming his addiction. I wonder how long he’s been out of the house if he’s settling in to his new place.

10. dee says:

No one see’s to be mentioning that the BOOKIE came to Booth and Brennan’s home and threatened her and Christine. How about the fact that he put his job in jeopardy by dealing with this scum bag bookie.

11. Moonlight4evr says:

Booth is an addict. This led to a dangerous man coming to their home threatening Bones and Christine. I believe this is the ONLY reason she had Booth temporarily move out.

at least after ten years they didn’t KILL Booth. Unlike another network.

Doc should be promoting this ten year relationship is so romantic between the two leads to gain viewers.

They should also be promoting the electrifying chemistry between Icabod and Abby on Sleepy Hollow.
    These two shows make one forget all about ABC.

12. sam says:

Please stop making both a saint,he is far from that. He destroyed their home with his stupid plan. Bennan was the one who got him out by blackmail . He leave really thank her nor did she say anything about him destroying the house. She stop him from committing murder. She begged him not to take the case and he got nasty with her. He did a bad thing he lied to the woman he loves put his child wife and unborn child in idanger and could lose his job. He has to be accountable for his actions . my problem is with steve they are doing everything they said they wouldn’t the last three steve really has no clue what makes the show

13. John NYC says:

Ah, too bad, they were a cute couple.

14. Jeri says:

I think it leads to problems when they make promises or statements about what will or won’t ever happen. Better to just let the story play out.

15. kmw says:

First everyone is entitled to their own opinion about any show they watched or have watched. There are plenty of people who want show to end and plenty like me who want it to continue. To each his own. Second while I am not a fan of Nathan in particular( mostly because he has really been in charge of show the past 3 seasons) Booth and Brennan are not really split. Just because she kicked him out of the house doesn’t mean they are over. She did it to help him. As brilliant as Brennan thinks she is she cannot help him with this. He needs to help him self. Booth is still way in denial and something in Thursday’s episode will help him see how wrong he has been. No matter if you love or hate Brennan in no way is lying or putting your family in danger acceptable, but especially in this case because of Brennan’s issues with her parents. Remember Bones also didn’t know if they were coming back when they filmed their finale so I seriously doubt Booth and Brennan are still apart by then. Booth’s gambling relapse is an after effect of what he has been thru. I hope fans don’t give up because these last episodes sound good. Real marriages go thru tests and Booth and Brennan are going thru one right now

16. fatalsin says:

I really miss Sweets… Aubrey just doesnt do it for me or them…. sigh!

17. Pat says:

I love Bones. I have watched this show from day one and I also watch the reruns many times over and over. So yes, I am a fan. Now with that said, I am not happy with this current storyline of Booth gambling again and the separation of their marriage. I am hoping that this gets resolved quickly and not dragged out into months of next season.

• kmw says:

This story is not getting dragged into next season at least not on a full head on way. Booth and Brennan are most likely going to be back together for finale because they didn’t know if the show would be picked up and they had to write it and film it as if it was a series finale. Even I do not think Nathan would keep them apart for that. While I still do not like the way the gambling story started( it never should have started because of a case) they have done a pretty good job with it When you are in the throes of an addiction it is never pretty and it hasn’t been for Booth. I would much rather have this story then a silly serial killer( Pelant) coming between them. That being said I am glad they are getting a different show runner. Nathan just loves torturing Booth and Brennan. I have actually grown to like Aubry but yes they pushed him too much in first half. Hopefully new show runners will lighten them up a bit

18. Jake says:

At this point, I watch the show out of habit (and due to there being a lack of shows worth watching) so I ignore the stupid subplots like this and watch for the case of the week and some of the other non-aggravating character interactions.

• Nan says:

Precisely. I got hooked on the show for Angela and Hodgins and the squints, then really loved Cam and Sweets. I find both Booth & Brennan obnoxious each in their own way with little to admire or warm to. They deserve each other.

19. John NYC says:

It’d be great if he went back for a “television set” and she whacked him with a baseball bat.

Just sayin’

20. qasim says:

I don’t know why so many of the fans of the show are surprised at the latest storyline. The writers have always portrayed Booth as a problem laden buffoon and Brennan as a near perfect person.

21. kmw says:

For anyone who thinks Bones is trashing one character for another that is not what they are doing. Booth has been an addict from the start of the show we just haven’t really seen it and neither has Brennan. She doesn’t expect perfection from him but she DID ask for the truth and didn’t get it. Addicts lie and they use people to feed their addiction just like Booth did. Brennan is still not a person who relies on her emotions to understand things and especially with Booth she cannot understand his issues other than to rationalize them. It seems, at least with each other, they have a pretty big capacity to forgive and Brennan WILL do so.

• qasim says:

Brennan is supposed to be the number one forensic anthropologist in the world but she obviously hasn’t a clue when it comes to human nature.Booth was definitely wrong for putting his family in danger but toughlove has to be tempered with understanding and compassion.I have been an addictions counselor for 15 years and I know that trashing. and putting an addict on a guilt trip doesn’t help.Lying is part of addictive behavior.Booth is not the only one who needs counseling.Brennan should attend meetings with other people dealing with addictive loved ones to get a better grasp of Booth’s problem and how to deal with it.

• kmw says:

And actually I think that is what Thursdays episode is about. It is not just Booth getting tough love, it is also about Brennan realizing she could be more understanding of his situation. Brennan has changed some over the years but she treats people the way she is able. I do not believe she is putting him on a guilt trip, she is reacting to someone she put immense trust into and having that person break that trust, no matter if she should be more understanding. Once again it isn’t going to take too long for her to realize that Booth needs help from her in another way because they are not gong to be apart for more than another episode. This story is not about Booth being wrong and Brennan being right, it is about this particular couple getting thru a difficult issue and they will. I am rooting for Booth and Brennan not pitting them against each other

• HS says:

Of course Brennan doesn’t have a clue on human nature– that’s been the foremost point of the show. “I can read Bones, not people”. Expecting Brennan to know what you know as an addictions counsellor for 15 years is unreasonable. Its not like she didn’t tell Booth how proud she was of him in Iran…. I didn’t see she was trashing him. But if Booth can’t be honest with her when she telling him that is important to her– then he has to face the consequences of that. As an addiction’s counsellor, I am sure you realize she cannot act as an enabler.

I am not sure if you’ve watched the other sneak peek at the diner…. Even though Booth is still not admitting what he did is a big deal.. she still ends the conversation with I love you. She is showing compassion. But her first priority is ensuring her and Christine’s safety. Booth at this point cannot be trusted with that because he hasn’t admitted to himself the severity of his problem.

• qasim says:

I didn’t need 15 years as an addictions counselor to learn about addictive behavior l learned about it in psychology 101.I majored in anthropology before I chose my current field.If Brennan is the world traveling gifted anthropologist that the writers have made her out to be there is no reason for her not to have a better grasp of human behavior.As far as her refusing to be an enabler,a person doesn’t need 15 years of counseling experience to know that sometimes it’s what you do but how you do it.My most sucessful outcomes came when the addict and his or her partner sought counseling

• kmw says:

Brennan is a forensic anthropologist. Brennan most certainly should have a better grasp of human nature but her up bringing has shaped how she sees things. From a young age she was dragged from place to place to place and then her parents and brother then abandoned her when she was a teen, placed in foster care where she wasn’t treated right and yes probably these issues should get her into counseling in and of themselves. These things made her not trust. So she allows herself to have a relationship with Booth and gives her trust to him. Just because she fell in love with him doesn’t mean all of her insecurities will go away. Judging from these clips I have seen Booth isn’t trying too hard to get help. if Brennan didn’t kick Booth out of the house given the depth of his lies( he used his wife to get a fix!!) would Brennan gently nagging him work? I do not think so. Also some wouldn’t think much of Brennan as a mother if she allowed the threat of his gambling to risk ALL of their safety. But I also believe at some point in this episode she will realize that she can help Booth in a different way that will eventually allow him to come home. This story is mostly about Booth but Brennan’s old instincts have kicked back in and those instincts are to run away from problems she cannot handle. Even though she kicked Booth out of the house she is the one running away. She will come to understand that that is not how to deal with her marriage. I also think Angela is actually hinting to her that kicking him out might not have been the best thing. Once she sees past her issues with him and once she sees that Booth is really making an effort to heal and tell the truth they will be able to get back together

• HS says:

I think we are watching a different show if you think Brennan should have a better grasp of human nature. She does in a cultural or biological fashion but NOT in a psychological fashion. HH said she was based on someone with Aspergers and if they had been on cable they likely would’ve labelled her as such. The whole show has been about her growth, in better acknowledging and accepting emotions, and understanding human behaviour. But she is never going to be as good as someone like Angela, Sweets or Booth.

For you, the part of what you do vs how you do it comes naturally. It does not for Brennan. Its like expecting a colour blind person to understand the difference between red and green. They can still drive– but they need additional education (red is top, green is bottom) to know what to do.

For the most part Brennan understands Booth because she has spent so long observing his behaviour. But if the signals get mixed up, like right now– she isn’t going to deal with it like most people.

The difference is that I actually think what Brennan does is right for Booth. Its very easy for Booth to slip into denial and sweet talk his way out of any situation. Brennan gives him that reality check. She won’t take it if he tries to BS her. As Pops said, Booth is lucky that he found someone who can stand up to him and call him on his crap while at the same time tell him she loves him. That’s why they complement each other.

I just watched the latest episode– and for me Brennan handled it perfectly. Telling him she loved him and encouraging him to put Christine to bed were the right things to do but also making sure he starts to own up to his actions.

22. PHam says:

23. PHam says:

Their separaration is to realisticly sad. Maybe Bones will ask Booths God for help and strength.

24. Wdcrvr says: