Reality Check: Does Adam Levine Need a Voice Vacation? Plus: Six Critical Tweaks for Idol's Final Season!

This summer’s gonna hurt like a mother: Worst Maroon 5 lyric ever — or the lament of Idol and Voice fans now that their favorite singing competitions have wrapped their respective seasons?

In either event, here’s hoping the season finale of Reality Check helps remove some of the sting. My co-host Melinda Doolittle and I are dishing the highs and lows of The Voice‘s Season 8 finale — from Sawyer Fredericks’ righteous win to Kelly Clarkson’s general aura of awesomeness to those terrible, horrible, no good coach-contestant duets. If that’s not enough, we also discuss whether Adam Levine should sit out Season 9 — and which three music superstars could fill his red chair.

Melinda and I also look ahead to American Idol‘s 15th and final season — discussing six crucial tweaks to the format to make the final season as memorable as possible. (Yes, we’d like to see some strict theme nights — but no, we are not advocating the return of Randy Jackson!)

Press PLAY above for the Reality Check season finale, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Dani says:

I wouldn’t be mad at two women on the judges panel. However, the absolute PERFECT artist to replace Adam if he ever took a break – Justin Timberlake. He’s got the star power, would make a great mentor, and already has great chemistry with Pharrell Christina and Blake (JT and Blake’s twitter convos have been really funny).

• Greta says:

Justin would be amazing. I would also take Ed Sheeran.

• Terry says:

No thank you to Ed Sheeran, but I think Justin Timberlake would be awesome, I wonder if he would consider doing it, given the opportunity.

• Tyler says:

JT would be good. I also wouldn’t mind having either Ryan Tedder or Kelly Clarkson.

• Annah305 says:

if some1 were ever to replace Adam&Blake i want Ryan Tedder&Luke Bryan!!!!!! JT is boring he only makes lame&bad club songs. amazed how JC Chasez wasn’t the one who got bigger plate back in the days even Jt&the rest of band admitted he was the best vocalist out of the 5 guys! two women would be awesome though Christina/Gwen – Christina/Shakira – Gwen/Shakira if not one of our amazing 3 women that already sat in the chair Nicole Scherzinger&Ciara are next on my list. if they have to have 3 guys again i’ll say Pharrell or Usher back!

2. Ron says:

Oh please, God yes!!! I’ve wanted Adam to sit out for several seasons now. I’m gonna need him to take a two season break. Adam as a person is just really getting on my nerves. I wouldn’t care if he took Blake with him, too. But Adam really needs to go for a while.

3. OMG.. first time I have heard one of these… horrible. Why have 2 people critique if you all just happen to agree 100% on everything?? And fawning over Kimberly, who deserved her fourth place Voice finish was equally obnoxious. You may have hated Joshua, but it was him who brought a uniqueness to the talent that hasn’t been seen since Chris Mann… Reality Check, I give your show a D.

• bern says:

ok, that’s fine – You can run along now. Reality Check has plenty of fans without you, Mr Cosenza. And, you certainly aren’t paying attention because it was KORYN who came in 4th place – (and she deserved first or second place in my book too) – They fawned over both Koryn and Kimberly. Deservedly so. So, get your facts straight next time you hand out your grades.

• Alan Dvorkis says:

Unique does not mean boring. Exactly, you do not agree. You may disagree with what is said on the show and I often do, but that does not make it a bad show.

• Ron says:

Completely entitled to your opinion. But you should know that Michael and Melinda actually disagree more than you may think, especially about some of the AI contestants this past season. But, ya know, it’s cool to make total generalizations about something based on one viewing of an entire series. Oh, and Chris Mann has 100 times more talent in his pinky than Josh has in his entire being.

• Kim Moores says:

Nice work watching the one week they agree vigorously.
      But we don’t need you, goodbye. I give their show and A+

4. Shete says:

Heres my thought, some of the top 10 or top 12 or 13, whatever, from each season must mentor the contestants. Then they are the one also going to perform their memorable performance from their season to bring back the nostalgia. Instead of inviting some performers

• Jessamine says:

Yes, and those performances could take the place of the ridiculous blather between the judges or the horrible infomericals that happened this year (remember the informercial for that web program that allowed Harry to draw on the screen?).

• Terry says:

I wish the current judges weren’t coming back for the final season, especially Jello, I’d consider watching the final season if she wasn’t going to be on it. Sigh.

• T. B. Hammer says:

By retaining these Judges on Idol, and especially if they feature Borchetta on the show again as a guide and mentor — they have basically said that there is no way to change and revive the show — The financial interests of the Celebs and some behind the scenes — own the show and will take the last big pails of cash from the cow and let it die. Fox had no choice but to cut it, even with 7 to 9 million views, because the cost is so high that they have trouble with advertising rates — especially since the younger group of viewers have left in droves.

5. david7118 says:

Another AI improvement…show some of the behind the scenes footage so we can further connect with the contestants.

6. thisismenow says:

If Reba was a judge on The Voice, I’d start watching it.

7. bern says:

Michael and Melinda – Thank you for this season of Reality Check. I dropped out of watching Idol in the last few weeks because the contestants weren’t interesting to me. But hearing your take is entertaining in it’s own right – and you should know it stands on it’s own. And, Melinda – I AM going to see Scott Bradlee with Haley next week in Chicago – SO excited. Y’all have a great summer.

• Terry says:

I saw from Melinda’s instagram that she went to see Casey & Haley with Postmodern Jukebox in Nashville. I so wish they were coming to my city but no such luck. :(
      Have fun at the Chicago show, from the youtube vids I’ve seen it looks like you’re in for a great concert, enjoy!

• susan says:

Michael and Melinda ARE the Best of Idol and The Voice. Reality Check is one Big smile pasted on my face. next season-I’ll be back.

8. Alan Dvorkis says:

Thanks for making each week a bit brighter. I look forward to your brief weekly conversations. I did not mind the unedited versions either. I hope both Melinda and Michael have healthy and happy years. I look forward to joining you for one more year. Hopefully there will be something in the future that allows you both to converse on matters of such importance. Yes, to many it is that important.

9. Alan Dvorkis says:

Oh and as for Idol. Since getting rid of J Lo will not happen, each week their should be a popular Idol from years past that is the guest mentor. Wednesdays show will include more footage of the mentoring sessions than years past. Thursdays show should be brought back,where the guest mentor would perform. They could make an hour of that. Talk to him/her what has happened post idol. Talk about what went right, wrong each week. Have them sing at least 2 songs. This would help ratings as the Idols themselves are popular and would add the personal touch the show needs. Plus, if possible, if there is any way possible, get rid of J Lo, even if it means sacrificing part of the contract. She is both annoying and unnecessary.

• Lunakit says:

Fantastic show ideas, Alan! Guest mentors from previous seasons would be wonderful to watch…. I’m fine with JLo though. She seems to be speaking with her own voice now, unlike the season when they treated Hailey so horribly….her words felt like more of the producer’s than her own.

• I think they should switch the judges every single night they air! Have past judges, past contestants, new judges. The show would never get boring. If it is the final season we want to see everyone from the past and some brand new as well. That would be interesting!

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

Great idea! Either that or bring back Simon and especially Minaj! When someone stank they said so! They were honest, unlike these judges! Who did you lime on AGT? Those judges are fun!

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

Just checkin’ to make sure you get these. So, I can contact you before leaving for Portland. Thanks.

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

I guess you don’t get these comments! I need to get a hold of you. Hope you are ok! Miss you out here!

That black 26 year old girl can sing on AGT! Fantastic highs and brilliant low register…A SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING…OMG! WHADDUYA THINK??? It won’t be long before I come to your city. I’m anxious to spend time with you!

Thank you!

Sincerely,

JM.

10. Carfield says:

Thanks MIke and Melinda for another great season of reality check! I will miss watching you two and hope that you two will consider continuing this reality check if the Voice and/or any more singing competitions are on after season 15 of American Idol. Even once a year will be nice! I agree with most of your critiques especially about the future of the Voice and American Idol. Both shows have sort of failed to accomplish their missions, in creating a star. I will be really happy if Adam and Blake can take a break. A second woman coach will be great and Reba will be fantastic. For Mark Burnett & Co., I don’t think Mark understands the urgency of creating a star and just cares about the cash flow. The Voice needs a star to finally concretize its reputation. Matt McAndrew is someone that I will really watch out and does not matter that he is first runner up. Sawyer’s iTunes sales proves that he has what it takes to make it in the music world doing his own brand of music. His iTunes sales is better than any other previous Voice contestants. People love him. If you can’t make a star out of him, there is something wrong with the show.
    In terms of American Idol, I beg them on bringing a star team of mentors. Randy can be here, as long as he is not the only one doing the mentoring. I actually will love an actual American idol winners/contestants to take over the mentoring role, like Adam Lambert, David Cook, and Carrie Underwood. But I actually will love to see Simon mentoring at least one or two episodes. Kelly Clarkson has to come back too. But I am also terrified that the show will focus too much on the alumni, rather than the competitors. That balance is hard to grasp, and since it is the last season, please do it two nights a week. Let the show ends in a great way, not at its lowest point.
    Many thanks again!

• Terry says:

I disagree that The Voice needs to produce a “star”. I don’t think people base their decision on what to watch on whether or not the show has produced a star. I think people base their decision to watch on whether or not the show is entertaining. The Voice is entertaining, Idol the past several years… not so much.

• Normandy says:

The problem is I don’t think the show cares to produce a star, although if you can now make a living on music alone after being on The Voice, isn’t that a good enough win?

• Terry says:

Exactly. The mandate of The Voice is to produce an entertaining TV show, as it should be. The contestants realize that and if they can use the recognition they get from being on the show to their benefit, great.

• Normandy says:

It’s up to the record label to take care of the artist afterward, and in that regard they’ve failed spectacularly other than with Cassadee and Danielle. The show can keep plugging their artists long after they’re off the show, but if the label makes no effort whatsoever to promote Tessanne’s album and it bombs and then she’s never heard from again, that’s on Universal Republic, not the show.

• Sawyer is NUMBER 6 on i tunes BEST SELLING ALBUM!!! They released all of his voice performance songs on a cd and it is number 6 overall. I think that is quite amazing! That was yesterday when I looked on i tunes!

11. MAB says:

I think Blake needs to take a break also. Every season he says the same stuff. “I never had a contestant like you before.” Etc. etc. plus we need a break from his voting block. Thank God he did not win this season or for sure it would have been the last time I’d watch the show.

• Normandy says:

So if Sawyer were Team Blake you would’ve been voting AGAINST Sawyer? Sounds like you don’t give a damn about the contestants at all, so why watch? The coaches don’t get anything for winning.

12. Stevessf says:

First off, I’ve always been a big Adam Levine fan . . . but not this season. Adam’s been in deep pout since the blinds. Like the Grand Canyon of pouts. As the four-turn level of talent Adam typically scored in seasons past (Sawyer, India, Hannah, et al ) turned their collective back on Adam, he visibly became less and less engaged with his players and the show in general. Clearly, Adam became the spoiled child in The Voice coach family. He knew from jump that Joshua was very pleasant but never had the charisma to win and Deanna, though promising, is years away, if ever, from developing stage presence. Adam spent the season in a funk and it wasn’t uptown, surprisingly unprofessional. And that cringe-inducing piece of bubblegum wretchedness “This Summer gonna Hurt Like a Mother” . . . was that really the great Maroon 5 or the Archies? What were you thinking, Levine? But despite Adam’s very off-putting behavior (and song choice) this was without question the most compelling season in the history of The Voice.

• Newbie says:

^This x100. Couldn’t agree more, my wife and I were saying that all season long. He enjoyed being King of the Four Chairs, and once he lost that title he went totally postal. Not in the “sociopathic mass murderer” sense, but in the “mailing this in and not even trying to hide it” sense.

Also, kudos for making me LOL on “Grand Canyon of pouts” and “spent the season in a funk and it wasn’t uptown”!

13. Ade says:

if someone should leave the program is Christina. She is the most boring of members and has never had a winner. pharrel is also particularly boring. If we have to like the music of the judges then I do not understand the music of Christina and Blake even less.

14. galaga6846 says:

“You have people lined up outside the restaurant, you have to make sure to have the meal prepared that they’re expecting”

THIS goes for Idol winners as well.

15. Runner says:

Yes, to Melinda Dolittle as a mentor. THAT would be epic! And the only way I would watch the ridiculous show again. This season left a bad taste in my mouth and I am done with it. Congrats to Nick though. I am off to watch his interview. I will always watch Reality Check. Happy Summer.

• Puchinsmom says:

Michael and Melinda, sooo true about Nick’s exit interview. I was so impressed with this guy. And who could have really known? He’s the real deal. Thanks again Michael, fot that superb interview. And I’m glad you got to talk it up during the Reality Check. Now more people will watch, even if they weren’t big Nick supporters. I was coming around to appreciating Nick the last few shows, but after the interview I will be more likely to support his CD and tours. (Not that very many people come to Boise to do shows).

16. Kate says:

AI needs to go back to two nights/week with the results show showcasing past Idol winners and standouts. That way they can focus on the season 15 contestants during the competition and the Idol legacy simultaneously and everybody benefits: contestants, alumni and fans.

• Terry says:

Unfortunately that will not happen. AI needs to cut costs, not add costs. Of course they could get rid of Jlow and use her salary to have a results show, but they won’t do that, and she probably has a contract anyway. Darn!

17. aja says:

We could use a break from Adam. He has looked bored and disinterested all season.

• Terry says:

I think his ego was bruised, he used to always win the four chair turn battles, but not this season. Hahahah

18. Kaba says:

Oh my God to that toilet water comment. Crying.
    Nonetheless…the duets were awful along with majority of the performances (aka, everything Meghan and Joshua sang) so…whatever.
    Bad finale night, but the Results Finale was awesome as hell.

19. Kim Moores says:

As for whether or not Republic will stand by Sawyer…who knows. Though, considering the kid nearly sold 1 million in iTunes you’d think they’d get to damned work. Thankfully his coach is very proactive and has already started by producing a single with Mia Z, so I think that’s indicative of something great to come. It’s like Pharrell hit the Usher lottery this season and had 3 team members that he absolutely adored in one season.
    Stemming off the entire concept of coach assistance, can we PLEASE remove Adam?
    There was something he said either this season or last that captivated just exactly how he is the epitome of this show’s bad rep of being a game of human chess. He was like ‘I’m really, REALLY competitive’ and that just turned me off forever. I think that’s why Adam didn’t seem as enthusiastic as normally, he knew he didn’t have a snowballs chance in hell of winning with his team so he didn’t care.
    Please replace him, I can’t deal with contestants who’re like that. All the other coaches keep in some form of contact with their coaches, Xtina invites Jacquie (and Matthew) to things every now and then, Blake sings songs with his and invites them to his venues, Pharrell produces with his contestants, Usher invites his contestants to his venues sometimes, but I never hear anything of Adam post season.

• LilianS. says:

adam also keeps in touch with contestants. You should actually do research on that.

• Annah305 says:

Adam signed Christina Grimmie to his 222 records. don’t say he dosen’t do anything for his team.

• Terry says:

She didn’t sign with Adam, she signed with Island Records but was promptly dropped when the single they released flopped, maybe she should have signed with Adam but who knows what really goes on behind the scenes.

20. Kate says:

I can’t believe this is the last time I’m going to watch an Idology (whatever, Reality Check) season finale in which M&M plead for more songs to be cleared the next year. It will never happen! Can’t wait to hear “Hallelujah” and “Don’t Stop Believin'” with y’all next year! Thanks again for all the entertainment to Michael and Melinda, and the always incredible Jason Averett.

21. Matt says:

As embarrassing as this may be to admit, I had never heard of Bon Jovi before Bon Jovi week in season 6 of Idol. It was Melinda’s performance that made me wanna go online and explore his music.. and now I’m a huge fan. I’m all in favor of theme weeks that stretch people’s comfort weeks (also can’t forget David Cook during Mariah Carey week… soooo good).

• Newbie says:

The part of me that grew up in the 80s is blown away by that admission, but the cheesy reality singing competition fan part of me is actually proud of the fact that one of these shows introduced you to a bunch of fun music from my youth that I’m only a little embarrassed to love. Also, great point re: Cook and Mariah Carey week.

22. Larc says:

I think it would be great if Adam took some permanent time off. And he can take Blake with him. Both are well past their sell by dates, IMO.

23. Jennilee says:

I needed more of Kimberly, Christina, and Rob on the finale. Christina. please don’t come back again! Make that album and start touring!

24. budo81b4 says:

When I need a big smile or a tearful laugh… I watch Reality Check!
    Michael Slezak & Melinda Doolittle are too great together… fun at it’s Best!

25. Jackie :) says:

26. Jan says:

Thank you, Michael & Melinda! You really heighten my enjoyment of these shows.

27. sistia says:

In addition to the final talent season of Idol, which would include past contestants, I’d like to see a separate show that would showcase talent from all the seasons with no competition, just excellent entertainment from the people who became stars through their performances on Idol. If Saturday Night Live can run clips from old shows over and over, American Idol can do one good show with all the talent that has emerged from Season 1 to present. If Melinda Doolittle is not included, though, forget it. I want to see her perform one last time on Idol since she has not been included so far as I know since Season 6. Am I a fan of Melinda? You bet!

28. Giuliana says:

i think that Adam Levine should stay, he is a good coach and makes everybody laugh, if he or Blake go out from The Voice, gonna be like any other competition show

29. Gemma says:

I haven’t even seen the entire episode yet, but the first minute and a half of this is probably already what I’ll care about most. Haley! Melinda! Kendra! Casey! Yes please and thank you.

30. Cass says:

You’re toilet water comment cracked me up. I think I’ll miss this feature more than the actual Voice during the hiatus.

31. Ash says:

Adam is an amazing person and he should stay as long as he wants. If anyone leaves…it should be Christina.

32. Liz says:

OMG! How I do love me some Melinda Doolittle! That woman is Phenomenal!!! Michael, you aren’t so bad yourself. I guess we will have to catch Reality Check reruns on YouTube to stave off withdrawal until next season. Thanks for everything and Have a Nice Day!

33. patdamico says:

All of these suggestions are valid, but the best advice anyone can give to A.I.(besides hiring a new sound engineer… why is the terrible sound engineering on A.I. never mentioned on Reality Check?), is to make a concerted effort, search high and low, for some bona fide, knock-our-socks-off talent. For me, it was the single most glaring difference between A.I. and The Voice. Even the contestants in the earliest rounds on The Voice were heads and shoulders above anything on A.I. for the past few seasons. Clearly, A.I. needs to revamp the scouting staff, because their picks have been unimpressive, to say the least. That show can make all kinds of technical improvements, but none of those will matter a lick if they don’t dig deep and wide and come up with some genius singers/musicians. You know they’re out there! And you know a lot of them will be willing to be a part of this historical final season, too.

34. Actually Jon Bon Jovi would be a great judge and I know Simon asked him to judge x-factor but Bon Jovi turned him down.

35. I would rather hear Randy Jackson’s catchphrases then a judge/coach giving generic answers about how great a performer is after a mediocre effort.

A couple ideas for future The Voice panels if they are willing to make a change:

Blake Shelton, Usher, P!nk, Adam Levine
    Garth Brooks, Pharrell, Christina Aguilera, Enrique Iglesias
    Carrie Underwood, Pharrell, Shakira, Adam Levine
    Blake Shelton, Diddy, Katy Perry, Adam Levine

• Annah305 says:

Enrique Iglesias was acutally asked to be one of the original coaches back in 2011 but he turned them down because he was touring. Idol also asked him when they were hunting new judges for season12 but again he was touring so he said no. even X factor asked Enrique to join. Enrique is pretty much a wanted man;D
      i would kill to have Enrique&Shakira on the same season on the voice. or Enrique/Christina or Enrique/Gwen or Enrique with Usher or Pharell:D if Adam&Blake ever leaves i want Ryan Tedder&Luke Bryan:) and then Usher or Pharrell. or if we get two females Xtina/Shakira – Gwen/Shakira – Gwen/Xtina if none of those i want Nicole Scherzinger & Ciara & Alicia Keys either 2 or one of them in one season!

36. Volcfom says:

I was heartbroken when I realized that Haley and Casey weren’t doing the PMJ show in Philly. I still went and had a blast, but I need more Haley in my life!

37. SueW says:

Couldn’t disagree with you guys more about Adam Levine and the Voice. First of all, without Blake and Adam, the Voice would suck, and it wouldn’t matter who the other 2 coaches are in between them (as demonstrated by the prior seasons). Maybe Adam is tired, he is a very busy guy, but I think it would be a huge mistake to have him take a season off. Secondly, I thought Maroon 5 were fantastic and I love the song. I think they performed it beautifully and got the crowd into it.

However, I do agree with you about the coach duet performances from Season 8, all of them were terrible, excluding Adam and Joshua’s performance, of course. However, in the past, I think for the most part, they are okay.

38. joey says:

White guy with guitar wins again.

• tealeaves says:

This is not surprising. This is the basis for a huge percentage of American music over the past 30, 40, 50, 60 years. If you exclude heavily auto-tuned music, it is an even greater percentage. It you exclude genres that are more talking than singing then it is an even greater percentage.

• HTGR says:

It is surprising. The top ten sellers in each decade have not all been WGWG. And in the 80s, and i could be wrong, but were not the top two sellers Michael Jackson and Madonna? So why is it expected that WGWG end up winning, winning, winning?
        Looking it up now, I see top sellers in each decade (according to one weighted list combined album sales and singles and play; I think the standard chart is a little different since I know MJ and Madonna would have to be tops for 80s on the standard chart, but this should be good enough, don’t feel like digging):
        00s: 1. Eminem 2. Madonna 3. Britney Spears 4. Coldplay 5. U2
        90s: 1. Mariah Carey 2. Madonna 3. Celine Dion 4. REM 5. U2
        80s: 1. Prince 2. Madonna 3. U2 4. Michael Jackson 5. Bruce Springstein
        So yeah not so much, you’re totally, utterly wrong, unless you go way back in time and only then are you correct (hmmm it is interesting that they say the average voter on these shows is female in her 50s or 60s which does fit more into the WGWG dominated chart era):
        70: 1. Elton John 2. The Rolling Stones 3. Pink Flloyd 4. Abba 5. Led Zeppelin
        60s: 1. The Beatles 2. Elvis Presley 3. The Rolling Stones 4. Bob Dylan 5. The Beach Boys
        and even more interesting when your theory starts falling apart again (now that we are beyond the formative pop music listening years of the average reality voter):
        50s: 1. Elvis Presley 2. Frank Sinatra 3. Nat King Cole 4. Miles Davis 5. Perry Como
        Hmm that is actually super interesting. THE only two decades where pop music was ever totally dominated by WGWG are the two decades where the supposed average voter for these shows was in HS and college…. interesting. And in the early seasons of theses shows when you had a wider age range voting a lot (supposedly) the winners tended to be a bit more diverse like the top sellers were in the 80s,90s,00s and today….

• HTGR says:

For 90s (in “( )” albums that basically sold like mad in country music regions and sold like zero copies elsewhere):
        1. Shania Twain – Come On Over (this country artist album did sell and get play in non-country regions)
        2. Whitney Houston – The Bodyguard
        22. Celine Dion
        23. Mariah Carey
        24. TLC
        25. Kid Rock
        26. Jewel
        For 00s:
        (1. Beatles (special Apple release so kind of an out of place entry))
        2. Norah Jones – Come Away With Me
        12. Usher – Confessions
        13. Green Day – American Idiot
        14. Dido – No Angel
        15. Backstreet Boys – Back & Blue
        16. Enya – A Day Without Rain
        17. Coldplay – A Rush Of Blood To The Head
        18. Shakira – Laundry Service (Servicio De Lavandería)
        19. 50 Cent – Get Rich Or Die Tryin’
        20. Alicia Keys – Songs In A-Minor
        21. James Blunt – Back To Bedlam
        22. Shania Twain – Up!
        23. Pink – M!ssundaztood

• HTGR says:

The top albums by sales of the 80s (overall mixed, not year by year):
          1. MJ – Thriller
          2. AC/DC – Back In Black (this was more of a 70s album almost though as 1980 wasn’t really 80s style yet but pure 70s still)
          3. Bruce Springstein – Born in the USA

11. Def Leppard – Hyst.eria
            12. Di.rty Dancing – Soundtrack
            13. MJ – Bad
            14. U2 – Joshua Tree
            15. George Michael – Faith
            16. Madonna – Like A Vir.gin
            17. Lionel Richie – Can’t Slow Down (also early 80s)
            18. Whitney Houston – Whitney
            19. Van Halen – 1984
            20. Top G.un – Soundtrack
            21. Madonna -True Blue
            22. Footloose – Soundtrack

39. Shara says:

I love Adam but I thought through the entire last season that he seemed as if he needed a break. He seemed testy or tired of the process, not with his team, but especially with Blake…and I don’t think it was all “just for show”. I like the idea of JK sitting in for a season, that is a great idea.

40. Lyn says:

Wish they’d release a DVD compilation of Sawyer’s songs, not just a CD.
    Hope they bring back some of the great AI alumni for Season 15 to individually mentor the top 10 or 12. I wish they’d bring alumni back to perform on the show.
    I hope AI goes back to a twice a week format for the results show.
    I hope they give all contestants a chance to perform before they get axed. Better in a separate results show.
    I loved on The Voice where they produced a music video with the top contestants. So teriffic! Hope they do the same on AI so you can see how they’d be in a professionally produced video.

41. HTGR says:

“Mariah Carey isn’t the kind of person who worries about burning bridges, clearly.

On Thursday, the singer told us all how she really feels about “American Idol”….. …..and she didn’t hold back. …..she made it clear she has no intention of returning to the show for its final season.

….singer also took issue with the show dubbing it “[ ] so fake.”

“You have to make up things to say about people,” she said.

“It was like going to work every day in hell with Satan.”

“It’s all fake and manufactured!”

And some people still try to claim they don’t bus certain contestants, try to push scripts, make various contestants seem what they are not or don’t manufacture contestant and judge feuds.
    Reality TV is in it’s own way as scripted and manufactured as scripted TV.

42. HTGR says:

….singer also took issue with the show dubbing it “[ ] so fake.”

“You have to make up things to say about people,” she said.

“It was like going to work every day in he.ll. with Sat.an.”

“It’s all fake and manufactured!”

Reality TV is in it’s own way as scripted and manufactured as scripted TV.

43. No way says:

A lot of people in business vision dream of getting a call from Warren Buffett.

It happened Third Avenue Administration, at my pal’s investment firm to my friend–or rather, an associate.
    A decade ago, this associate was worried of a proposed deal made
    by a company the business was spent in. He asked a run of sharp questions together
    with the management group on a conference-call.
    Other analysts and investors were about the the phone call.
    And unbeknownst to everyone, so was Buffett.

After the the phone call ended, the associate was rung up
    by Buffett and left a voicemail. Initially, he thought
    it was a nuisance call. He later checked it absolutely was really the billionaire founder
    of Berkshire Hathaway who had phoned to applaud him for some careful focus
    on the organization. Lesson learned: You never know who’s listening
    or seeing what you are doing.

I wasnot so fortunate. I had to spend years trying to get
    I to be spoken to by Buffett. That has been the requirement when I first joined Television–nab
    the first interview with him for the community. And
    within my pursuit to do so, I realized a number
    of things about what it will take to get anyone–also the planet ‘s
    next wealthiest person–to speak to you personally.