Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'

Sharon Osbourne The Talk

The Talk is temporarily losing its most recognizable voice.

After collapsing from “mental and physical fatigue” in her Los Angeles home on Friday, Sharon Osbourne is taking a monthlong hiatus from the CBS daytime talk show, our sister site Variety reports.

“Her doctors report that she is suffering from ‘extreme exhaustion’ and assessed that she most likely returned to work too soon after being hospitalized recently for pneumonia,” reads a statement from Osbourne’s rep. “Sharon has been advised and has agreed to to take a month hiatus to recover fully from these recent events.’

Osbourne recently signed on to lend her voice to the MTV pilot Lucky Bastards, opposite daughter Kelly, who recently mad a very public exit from E!’s Fashion Police.

They had also both planned to appear in VH1’s revival of The Osbournes, the reality show that skyrocketed the family to superstardom in the early ’00s, but the project has since been scrapped.

Will you miss Osbourne on The Talk, or are you just glad she’s getting the rest she needs? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Daya says:

Oh no! I hope she gets better soon! :(

I don’t watch The Talk, but I loved her on AGT and I miss hearing her call everyone “missus”. <3

• BB says:

Does The Talk have new episodes all year? I thought like the Ellen show, they took the summer months off.

• Daya says:

I just checked IMDb and I’m going to say, “Yes, at least most of the year.” Season four has episodes listed from September 2013 to August 2014. Being live probably makes a great deal of difference. (Ellen is a one-day tape delay, so when the season ends, she’ll have been done for about twenty-four hours.)

• judy collins says:

All new shows so far because they talk on current events

2. luke says:

I guess when you spew garbage out of your mouth all day long it’s exhausting…

3. Diane says:

Watch The Talk occassionaly and just love Mrs O. She tells it like it is and that’s the way it should be. Please take the time you need to get well and we will lok foward to you being back to yourself soon. Take care.

4. Carmen Weber says:

Will miss her. Love Sharon. Rest up.

5. Moria says:

Been a nurse working in hospitals for 10 years now. Never once have I seen someone actually diagnosed with “exhaustion”. I wonder what that ICD9 code is?

• Ray says:

According to the show Entourage, it’s the diagnosis publicists use to cover up more unsavory behavior in Hollywood like the consequences of excessive drug use.

• Network says:

I have no real interest in this but my biggest pet peeve is where single person insists because THEY’VE never seen something, it’s never happened. The ignorance and ego is astounding. I’d hate to have you as caregiver.

• Meg says:

Closest would be 780.7, which is for fatigue.

• Diana Hilsendeger says:

I will miss Sharon very much. She is a very wise woman & I feel she looks at both sides of any issue. She is a good combination of maturity & hip. Hope she gets the rest she needs to return to the show. It would not be the same without her. She has a big heart. Best wishes to her & prayers for a complete recovery. To Moria: ICD9Code for exhaustion is 780.79 “fatigue”.

6. Amanda says:

Mrs O all you need to rest so you can do the Big Brother game when it gets ready to come on come on girl you got this get better

7. CringeWorthy says:

Exhaustion + hollywood = drugs every time.

• Drew says:

Not always. Sometimes it just means that they don’t think that it’s any of our business. It may be drugs more often than not, but not always.

8. Lking says:

One must wonder if Sharon once again dealing with Ozzie as she has done many times. She appears the strongest of women and I imagine one must be dealing with him. Most women would have given up years ago. Cheers Sharon speedy recovery.

9. Darlene says:

Miss you on the Talk Sharon! I love listening to your input and sincere comments. Get well soon. Look forward to your return.

10. ann says:

How about due to being extremely annoying

11. Deb says:

Sharon is the show. Get well soon Sharon.

12. ron says:

they’re all irreplaceable and I hope she gets the deserved rest she needs. Will miss you Sharon

13. fiberlicious says:

“opposite daughter Kelly, who recently mad a very public exit from E!’s Fashion Police.”

LOVE the Freudian typo!

14. matty says:

I’m about to be very sarcastic here:

I wish they would all go on a long, long hiatus. No, but seriously, she is my least favorite on the panel and I find the shows w/out her better than the ones she is on.

15. Jill R says:

Guess the Atkin’s Diet didn’t provide all the nutrition needed, after all.

16. Patti says:

I think ppl can be mean I have no idea what it is like to live the life they live I find it hard one month to month but this woman has done a lot and ppl should give her credit , she is a wonderful person .

17. Lorraine Beal says:

Definitely will miss her!…Really a silly question…

18. Linda Elkman says:

Wish her a speedy and complete recovery. She is a real and valued presence on the show.
    I don’t watch the show but every time I hear her thoughts I am very impressed with her
    Intelligence and wit.

19. Fifi says:

I have a lot of respect for her, enjoy her opinions and wish her a speedy recovery. Her opinions always air on the side of considering the others life and not judging. Those that wish her well know it and those who don’t she would be compassionate towards. God bless her.

20. carla swarat says:

Sharon. Please take care you are very much missed . But your health is more important. Ger strong and rest. We love you. Carla.

21. mdorsey says:

Love,love. Sharon get well soon take care of yourself. C u on the talk soon😀

22. Anita says:

Please take care of yourself. Do not let your job consume your life. You need to be healthy for your family!

23. mdorsey says:

Love u sharon,take care get well c u on talk soon😀

24. Mm pipkin says:

I hate she is ill . But she exhausts me on the show. Sharon and her daughter Kelly have no place being on TV

25. Sylvia says:

Best wishes to Sharon. She will be missed. I am happy to see Carnie Wilson on the TALK. I like her. She is very honest about her opinions. And not afraid to be disagree with even very sensitive topics.

26. dman6015 says:

Extreme exhaustion. Yeah, right. How about ‘extreme bender’?

• dman6015 says:

She’s taking an entire month off??? Oh, that’s right, most rehab stints are 28 days.

• Brenda says:

Automatically assume rehab,drugs, give her a break. This lady works very hard and does a lot for charity,plus keeps her family together.

27. Alicia says:

I’l miss you Sharon, get well soon.

28. Diane Helen says:

I will miss her. Hope she gets well soon. Just hope that doesn’t open the door for that annoying obnoxious, loud mouth cheryl to to spew more unfunny crap. Love the show, can not stand cheryl.

29. I will miss Sharon very much. She is a real kick and also a down to earth lady. I wish her well.
    I have watched the “the Talk” since the beginning. It makes my day.
    Get well Sharon. Take your time. We fans will be here waiting for your return.

30. Carol Back says:

She is one of the best ladies on The Talk. I never miss it. I hope she gets well soon and can return in good health. Her opinions are spot on whether you like it or not.

31. Paula says:

I like Sharon. I won’t miss her because it’s only a month. These stars take on far too much and for what? They end up burning themselves out physically, mentally etc. Take care of yourself Sharon! Take time for yourself won’t ruin your career.

32. Eva Kirby says:

Sorry Sharon is not well. Watching it taped today and she is on with her daughter Kelly. Kelly is beautiful. I am 63 and old fashion but her hair is pretty lavender. She will be a success in whatever she does.

33. sheila malloy says:

Sharon, get some rest. Pneumonia is a tough illness. I had it twice in one year, it is no joke. Please take care of yourself.

34. Nancy Thomas says:

love mrs o- will miss her- they need to forget daughterKelly-she’s so stupid and ads nothing to the show.

35. vanessa says:

Health comes first

36. Ronnie says:

Get well soon miss you much.

37. Debora says:

I thought there was something very off about her – she speaks very slowly and appears to have little comprehension as it relates to guests and segments. Hard to watch –

38. I love the Talk. Each co-host brings something different to the program which makes it hilarious everyday. I miss Mrs. O. Get better soon we miss you so so so much.

39. Debbie says:

I will definitely miss Mrs O. I enjoy her honesty. But, she is also very compassionate and gives people the benefit of the doubt. I wish rest and good health.

40. NancyBlair says:

Glad Sharon is getting rest, but the show isn’t the same without her!!

41. Gloria Adams says:

You are missed. Get better soon. The show is not the same without you!

42. sheila caywood says:

Oh that’s awful!! Love Sharon and although I hate to see her off of the talk… I would much rather see her get the much needed rest that she needs!! Sending prayers for you Sharon!! Wishing you all the best!!

43. J.Dortch says:

Yes! Sharon Osborne is very missed on The Talk! I love her input different issues and i love her acent! Hurriedly and get well sharon. I miss you with the girls. I do understand, i just left my job of sixteen yrs, because of stress. I don’t have a job, but i have GOD! Get well soon!

44. J.Dortch says:

Look this is real and from my heart. If you don’t want to post it. DON’T! iT WON’T STOP ME FROM PRAYING FOR SHARON. PRAYERS!

45. Jean Cardella Canada says:

Jean says I PVR the show every day, and love it. I miss Ms. O hope she well soon.

46. Lee says:

Yes I’m sorry to hear she is leaving. But I understand the over worked part. Take Sharon hope to see you back.

47. Linda Guidone says:

Miss Her Terribly

48. Gail says:

Glad she is off. Really dont like her.

49. harper says:

love you mrs O get well love ozzy to watch the talk every day harper

50. Susan O'Pry says:

You are so very much missed Mrs., but I am sure I am not alone when I say to PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Because, if you aren’t well, then you you will both have to leave us again and with that being said, we will lose even more of your loving witty charm and loving warmth you bring to the show and into our living rooms and homes. Please know that you have this Louisiana girl’s thoughts, prayers, wishes, and Cajun love!

Just get well, Mrs. O,