Justin Bieber Joins James Corden for Carpool Karaoke — Watch Video

Move over, Mariah Carey: James Corden has a new carpool karaoke buddy.

On Wednesday’s Late Late Show, Justin Bieber accompanied the bubbly host on his drive to work, and though there was plenty of singing, the real laughs came when Corden confronted Kate McKinnon’s muse about his recent Calvin Klein ads and questionable lyric choices (“Fondu is not a good date food”). Bieber also admits to breaking an unflattering internet record.

RELATED David Letterman’s Final Late Show: A Star-Studded Top 10, the Foo Fighters’ Farewell and More Key Moments

Hit PLAY on the video above, and watch as Corden and the Biebs rock out to such “classics” as “Baby” and “Boyfriend.” Then drop a comment: Do we honestly believe of all people, Justin Bieber solved a Rubik’s Cube in just under two minutes?

1. Mr. Tran K says:

I wanted to see a hip hop star or a country crooner or Adam Levine the Maroon 5 lead singer to join James Corden in a future edition of Carpool Karaoke. Or even Iggy Azalea.

• Wordsmith says:

I feel like Lady Gaga would be an amusing carpool companion. Or maybe some rapper like 50 Cent that you wouldn’t expect to see goofing off in a talk show comedy bit.

2. S. says:

“Solved” a Rubik’s Cube is probably an overstatement. There are things online telling you how to do it. I don’t wanna see ’em because it totally takes the fun out of messing with it yourself, but I’m sure Justin’s either seen it or figured it out himself a long time ago and can duplicate it quickly. It’s not like you handed one to him for the first time and he solved it in 2 minutes. That was a fun segment, and I gotta say it’s always amazing to see James Corden having a good time with these people in the car being good sports. It may start out PR, but he’s just so darn enthusiastic and knowledgeable about music so I think he really does amuse/impress them. It bodes well for his ability to get good guests in the future. I’m not doubting Les Moonves is helping to pull them in at the beginning, but James is earning it once they get there. Good for him. I miss Craig Ferguson, and they really broke the mould with him, but I like James.

3. James Corden has done the unthinkable: made Justin Bieber seem likeable!

4. AddieM says:

This was funny, I like Justin Beiber..not so much his music but him as a person.

5. Jules says:

I ended up watching the JHud & Mariah ones after this. The one with Jennifer Hudson is the best!

6. suzybel58 says:

I actually enjoyed this, almost to the point that I wish I had been in the backseat of the car.