Fall TV Preview

Heroes Reborn: Greg Grunberg Returning as Matt Parkman

Heroes Reborn Greg Grunberg

Another original hero is being Reborn this fall.

Greg Grunberg, who played telepathic detective Matt Parkman in the original Heroes, will have a guest arc in NBC’s revival series Heroes Reborn, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Airing Thursdays this fall, Reborn is a continuation of NBC’s superhero drama, which originally ran for four seasons from 2006 to 2010.

In addition to Grunberg reprising his Heroes role, Jack Coleman will be back as Noah Bennet, Masi Oka will return as Hiro Nakamura and Jimmy Jean-Louis will once again play the mind-erasing Haitian. New cast members include Zachary Levi (Chuck), Ryan Guzman (Pretty Little Liars) and Robbie Kay (Once Upon a Time).

Levi shared the first cast photo — unofficial, of course — on Twitter back in November:

Does news of Grunberg’s return please you? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Awesome. I hope there’s more than just 13 episodes and this leads to a new series.

• robandco says:

Me too. There is just so much potential in the premise of the series. I loved every season and was really pissed when NBC axed it.

• Temperance says:

The premise was great, the first episodes were great, and then the writing and plotting quickly derailed it. With a better, more experienced writing team, they sure have a shot.

2. Dan says:

SAVE THE CHEERLEADER ….

3. doctrsnoop says:

There needs to be a coherent story that needs to be told. However many episodes it takes. Make it great. And when that story is over, then stop. The original series first season was spectacular, and the hint of a Peter / Sylar war was a-freaking-mazing. And then it got renewed and weird stupid storylines got thrown up for the purpose of filling 22 hours of airtime.

• BrookeBS says:

I agree. The series concept had such potential but the writing was just bad. I still watched until the end but I hope this reboot has a good story and makes sense and is done well.

4. wingsstef says:

Matt is an awesome character. Yes, I am glad Greg Grunberg is coming back.

5. Mr. Tran K says:

BEST. NEWS. EVER. Very happy to see Greg Grunberg back on HEROES. Does anybody know if Ali Larter nor Sendhil Ramamurthy aren’t coming back for the reboot?

6. Diz says:

I don’t see how it can be a continuation without Peter and Claire. I just don’t have much interest on this.

7. Drew says:

Happy to see him come back, but they need to fix his character. He started out well enough, but suffered from the writers’ inability to define the boundaries of each character’s abilities. He was a mess by the end.

I’d kinda like to see where Micah is these days. They should bring him back.

8. Ray says:

Of all the shows they could reboot, NBC chose this stinker. Pitiful.

• Drew says:

I agree, but think of it this way: If we watch the resurrected show that stars Zachary Levi, perhaps NBC will see the wisdom of giving us another limited-run resurrection of a series starring Zachary Levi.

9. robandco says:

Oh boy, this is going to be good.
    I was very fond of his character. Him loosing Daphne was so tragic but then he found his son and was in a good place again.
    I am happy so many former Heroes stars agreed to jump back in. My only wish is that Ali Larter makes an appearance.

10. Britt says:

Stop joining it, I don’t want to watch it.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Then try not to watch the show if you’re willing to refuse it. Tim Kring and his writing staff doesn’t always have to take risks involving character story lines in the series’ four year run.

• Britt says:

They had the chance to write good material when all the great actors and characters were around.
        I watched it, I loved it, I miss it.

I love Zachary Levi so much it hurts. But his face on promo pics makes me want to punch something.

11. AngelWasHere says:

Loved Heroes, but the last season was unbearable! It was so awful I completely abandoned the show and that’s rare for me. The writing and the amount of shark jumping was horrendous. I hope they do it justice this time and it becomes a series again.

12. Ames says:

He will always, always be Sean Blumberg to me. :)

13. Steve F. says:

Great news… now see if they can get Kristen Bell to rejoin as Elle. She was one of the bright spots of Season 2.

• Tom says:

Elle is sorta dead. Don’t think she’s coming back.

• Steve F. says:

Elle died? See, this is what happens after I stopped watching after Season 2…

• Tyler says:

She died early season 3. Definite bummer. She was a bright spot when the show was going downhill.

• wingsstef says:

Season 3 was a big mess. Season 4 was a bit better, mostly because of the new cast that season (mostly because most of the veteran characters started to really out of character things) so it will be interesting to see how the mini-series unwinds. I think the small mixture old cast and new will serve the show well, but I guess time shall tell.

14. mooshki says:

Grunie!

15. Beatrice says:

Wonder if he’ll slim down for the role. He’s put on a lot of weight since the show ended.

16. Kristina says:

Oh good, he was the one I was hoping would come back. Looks like it’s shaping up to be a great series!