Ratings: Stalker and The Following Wrap Runs With Series Lows

Stalker Ratings Cancelled

The final two episodes of Fox’s The Following on Monday night drew 3.1 million viewers with a 1.0 rating and then 3.1 mil with a 0.9 rating (tying its all-time demo low).

Similarly, Kevin Williamson’s cancelled Stalker ended its one-and-done CBS run with 6.8 mil and a 1.2, dipping a tenth to match its series low.

Elsewhere….

NBC | The Voice (11.1 mil/2.6) rose 10 percent and two tenths week-to-week, but was off 5 and 19 percent from its previous performance finale. The Night Shift (5.4 mil/1.2) was steady vs. last week and up a tenth from its freshman finale (which aired on a Tuesday in July).

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (14.1 mil/2.2) was steady week-to-week but down 10 and 15 percent from its previous performance finale. The Bachelorette (7.2 mil/2.1) was up a tenth from its year-ago premiere.

CBS | The 2 Broke Girls finale (7.6 mil/2.0) was up 9 and 25 percent, Mike & Molly‘s season ender (7.8 mil/1.8) ticked up a tenth, and NCIS: Los Angeles’ closer (9.9 mil/1.4) rose 12 percent and a tenth (but was down 26 percent in the demo from its Monday debut).

1. Mr. Tran K says:

What a bad TV season for Kevin Williamson having both of his series The Following and Stalker getting canceled. Hate to wonder if he’s planning to produced another TV series sometime in the near future. The season finale of 2 Broke Girls last night was more than just hilarious from beginning to end but I’m going to wait until mid-season when Kat Dennings & Beth Behrs are back in business for Season Five and I have a feeling that it would be great if the sitcom moves to Thursdays if one of CBS’ new sitcoms (Life in Pieces or Angel From Hell) gets canceled. Perhaps if CBS should called it 2 BROKE SUPERGIRLS. Lol :-)

• thisismenow says:

I would much rather he finish the script for Scream V…since we know it’ll happen when the Scream TV Series takes off. Get everyone on board for a film which feels like a final chapter.

• Boiler says:

Totally agree with you on 2 Broke Girls!! Too bad so many people thought Bachelorette worth watching

• Patrick says:

I really like it as well. Plus, this fall, 2bg goes into syndication. I feel that will help their ratings when the show comes back. Plus, much like Mike and Molly, I think this delay in shooting is related to Thor: Ragnarok. It will start principle shooting soon, and Kat Dennings will want to do that. CBS will not restrict her availability for big movies, much like Mike and Molly. It cross pollinates Dennings, which will help the show going forward.

2. wrstlgirl says:

The Night Shift finale’ was so good!!!!

• HeatherC says:

I agree and I’m SO glad we’re getting a season three at some point next season! =D

• Mr. Tran K says:

I’m wondering if the upcoming season of Night Shift is moving to Sundays mid-season. NBC still needs life in its Sunday night line-up after football is done.

3. Pat says:

I was sorry to see that they had cancelled Stalker. I really like this show. Last nights series finale I did not like, mainly the ending.

4. Deborah johnson says:

I am not a big Kevin Bacon fan, but from episode 1, I was totally hooked on The Following. I was always on the edge of my seat. I was very happy at how the series ended, I honestly felt there was no where else to go with the show. Thank you for not leaving me hanging, it ended just like it should have.

5. The Grinch says:

Kevin really wanted both shows to get renewed so he could quit them again.

6. ab says:

Stalker was cancelled but Maggie Q got herself a fiancé and some name recognition. Now she is being followed by paps.

7. michaelA says:

I was sorry to see Stalker go. The short lived series deserved better. Last nights ending was the strangest ending I ‘ve ever seen. It just ended with out any ending. All of a sudden a commercial comes on then the next show starts. Still one has to wonder why this show didn’t have a more positive following. Perhaps the name of it. I don’t know except I looked forward every week to it.

• Nan says:

I can see several reasons why it failed although I watched it and enjoyed it. For starters, Dylan M. is not hot in any way [shallow of me but true]. Then there’s the fact that there was no strong male in the cast. His ex-wife’s boyfriend is a jerk, the other detective is just there, the women were more office manager types rather than law enforcement. The entire cast was weak except for Maggie Q.

• Sharon Long says:

I agree with you. I really liked the show. I thought the characters were good and liked how it was moving along. I’m sad to see it go.

8. bill says:

Stalker was a hell of a lot better than CSI:Cyber. CSI:Cyber is terrible and should have been cancelled.

• Doug Henning says:

CSI Cyber got better IMO and its stories were pretty interesting in this modern world.. Something different than the normal crime show… There’s a lot more Cyber crime today than we realize and certainly more than murders..I thought the show tried to educate viewers some this season..

9. Terry says:

Love the way they left us hanging on Stalker. Another reason why I won’t try new shows.

10. Ronald says:

When you put up the following next to the voice , you shot you self in the foot , what a shame

11. stacy bernardi says:

I think it is such a mistake to cancel the CB.S. show stalker. It is such a great suspenseful show with a great cast. Maybe you need to move away from stories of the cast. I really enjoy tge show so much and Dylan McDermott is my favorite he is perfect! !!