Finding Carter Season 2 Nabs 12 More Episodes — Watch the Announcement

MTV is showing some unexpected love to Finding Carter, extending its sophomore season by 12 episodes.

The official announcement was made Monday via a YouTube video recorded by none other than the King of Croutons, Alex Saxon. Doing his best Max impression — or so we’re assuming — Saxon announced that the drama’s second season has been extended 12-fold.

Finding Carter has really been shaking things up this season; in addition to the return (and re-exit) of bad boy Crash, year two has also introduced a pill problem for Taylor, an age-inappropriate romance for Gabe and a marital meltdown for Elizabeth and David — among other twisted developments.

Your thoughts on Carter’s current run? Hit PLAY on Saxon’s announcement above, then drop ’em in the comments below.

1. LK says:

Second season hasnt done it for me… wish they hadnt turned Lori into a complete psycho… was better in the first season where it was somewhat ambiguous..

• TVNerd says:

same here….stopped watching after first few eps…so boring compared to the the action packed suspenseful first season….by the way is this LK from Pikeville? lol

• Lizo says:

Agreed. Lori should have just stayed in season 1. The show is about them rebuilding their family. They don’t need a giant mythology.

2. Regina says:

I was really disappointed in the “Lori is their biological mom” reveal, especially since it didn’t make sense with some of the things they said in season 1. Also why is nobody questioning where Grant came from if they needed an egg donor to have the twins? This season has gone completely downhill since that reveal. I don’t like what happened with Taylor and Max and pretty much every other storyline this season. They undid everything that was good about the first season in just a few episodes. Probably the only thing I can get on board with is David and Elizabeth separating because that clearly should’ve happened ages ago. I hope this season gets better soon.

• Jan says:

Thank you! I have the same feelings and questions. Actually, I only continue watching for Saxon … and I’m old enough to be his grandmother!

• Hannah says:

Nailed it. Been saying this all year, lets hope MTV can some how right the ship of this show since its been given a second reprieve. They absolutely destroyed it within 3 episodes this season. The Lori bio mom is the worst of it all… Liz had to be the bio mom… it makes no sense from everything in season 1 so the writers didnt even watch their own show. People liked Max and Taylor yet they blow that up, people did not like Crash and Carter yet they shove that down our throats. I quit watching a few episodes back, I have them DVR’d. Just wondering if I should watch them.

• Lizo says:

Same here. Though I was really enjoying David and Elizabeth’s attempt to fix their marriage. Before all this seasons stupid drama happened, I was liking their story; it felt mature and honest and it was painful. I was rooting for them.

3. Ian says:

I was into this show last year, but its turned into a typical soap opera. The premise hasn’t proven to be sustainable. And these kids are going to graduate soon too. There’s only enough time for them all to sleep with each other, lol.

4. BrightLight says:

As much as I loved Season 1, Season 2 so far has been a huge letdown for me. Even though I wanted them to hurry up and reveal what Lori’s motive was, I think they actually revealed too much at one time. At this point, each episode seems like a new Lifetime movie of the week (which is kinda funny since Meredith Baxter guest stars a lot). Maybe with the extra 12 episodes, they can redeem themselves.
    Although I’m more than happy to have 12 more episodes of Alex’s perfect hair. This is the only time in my life I’ve been jealous of a guy’s hair.

5. Bill says:

This show has gotten lame, hopefully for the fans they give it a proper ending

6. Steven says:

I forced myself through season 1 hoping for it to get better, but it’d been downhill since the pilot. The show had so much potential and they turned it into yet another tired teen drama.

7. johnhelvete says:

When the show’s focus is on the family members (and Max), the show works. The problem with this season has been the story lines for the supporting characters. Crash and his uncle. Bird’s family being raided by the FBI. Yet another teacher/student story line like so many other teen shows have done. Even Max has been stuck because his story line this season has largely resolved around Crash.

8. Gern Blanston says:

I guess that I am in the minority, but I am enjoying this season. True, its not as good as season 1. But, its not as if season 1 was an A+ and this season is an F. I’d give season 1 a B and this season a B-. I wasn’t too thrilled that Crash was back as I felt that his story resolved itself well enough in the first season and some of the Lori stuff hasn’t been great, but it hasn’t been awful. If this season keeps plugging along the same as it is now I will still look forward to a thrid season should it get one.

9. AJ says:

Hate to be “that guy”, but 12-fold means 12 times, not 12, so it’d be 144 more episodes.

10. Hannah says:

Finding Carter writers you have 12 additional episodes now so please fix it. You have ruined it and turned it into a teen soap opera worse then you would find on daytime television. You have to read these forums and comment sections and also see the ratings sinking so again fix it. All the different comment sections on different sites about this show is telling you what the problems are and why we are tuning out so no need for me to rehash so again fix it and make this show what it was in the first season.

11. Lizo says:

This is a horrible idea. That’s a whole other season on short notice. This show is best when it does short, contained narratives.

12. Nick says:

I liked this show when it started, but I’m teetering on quitting. Of course, I may be singing a different tune this summer when there’s nothing on.