Fall TV Preview

Scream Queens Trailer: Ryan Murphy Unleashes 'Fresh Hell' on Fox This Fall

“Good evening, idiots!”

That delightful greeting, courtesy of Emma Roberts’ Chanel Oberlin, opens the first official trailer for Fox’s Scream Queens, airing Tuesdays this fall.

We also get a closer look at several of the slasher-comedy’s main characters, including Diego Boneta’s very concerned Pete, Jamie Lee Curtis’ knowledgable Dean Munsch and Lea Michele’s… well, I’m not really sure how one would even begin to describe Hester.

Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment with your initial thoughts below: Will you check out Scream Queens this fall?

1. Mr. Tran K says:

A 30-second trailer? Should have more than 30 seconds or a minute.

• 'A' Has Been Revived says:

There is a longer trailer out there. It was shown at the FOX Upfronts (there is video of it on Youtube). It’s low quality but you can get the gist of the trailer. Its about 2 minutes long.

2. Boiler says:

How fast will he and his crew screw this one up like he did Glee??

• Jaime says:

Going by his other shows – season 1 will be really great but then starting with season 2 it will get more and more :/

• thisismenow says:

American Horror Story Asylum and Nip/Tuck disagree.

• B says:

Nip/Tuck had several good seasons before it went off the rails. And boy did it ever go off big time!

Same thing with AHS, which (and I am saying this as a gay guy myself) has gone into full blown “gay icons and divas and campiness” mode. Sadly that was not a good turn for the series.

• Jared says:

I thought each season, if renewed, would be a whole new story?

• Dude says:

I’m so sick of that complaint. It’s repeated over and over and over again on every single article that has anything to do with Ryan Murphy. I’m over it. The point has been made. Watch the first season since you’re sure it’ll be so great and then stop watching and be done with it.

• Lucifer says:

It’s funny how pissy people on these comment section have been lately about certain comments. Here’s a thought; If seeing a comment upsets you so much, don’t respond and just walk away. You can’t control what other people think and want to say, sorry.

• Diva DIary says:

Pretty fast I’m afraid. This had such potential too. I’ll still give it a try when it comes out, but I won’t have as high hopes like I did before.

• Starmaiden says:

You should cut a little slack as the lead actor died and it is hard to regroup after that.

• Steven says:

Glee was downhill way before Cory died. The show stopped being fun back in season 2.

• Dude says:

Season three was their best, most consistent season though. Really only the first 12 episodes of season 1 were great. Their back nine was a mess.

• Well from that my guess pretty fast!

3. Was anyone else kinda letdown by the trailer? I guess I just expected “more.”

• 'A' Has Been Revived says:

There is a longer trailer on Youtube. Someone filmed it @ the FOX Upfronts. Its about 2 minutes long. I don’t know why they didn’t release that one instead.

4. LK says:

Looks like its gonna be cancelled pretty quick.. I’m so over Ryan Murphy.

5. Alice says:

Not impressed

6. Starmaiden says:

not sure what to make of this.

7. Ray says:

So Glee with fake blood?

8. No says:

Looks terrible. And In true Murphy fashion will only get worse IF it makes it to a second season

• 'A' Has Been Revived says:

Looks good so far. I’ll give it a chance unlike some of these commenters who see Ryan Murphy and begin jumping on the bandwagon of hating his shows. Yeah, Glee kinda went downhill after season 4 (I find it was stronger than season 3 but to each its own) but you have to remember a lead actor had passed away. AHS was great (season 4 was kinda.. yeah but still an okay season). So overall, I will give this show a chance. Although, I wish they would publicly release the 2-minute trailer they showed at Upfronts. I saw a low quality version of it on Youtube and it was pretty amazing. Anyone know when or if they will release that one?

• Will says:

Sick of this argument about the “lead” actor passing away. The show started going downhill in S2 and in S3 became unbearable to watch. Nip/Tuck also went downhill earlier on. Thankfully, his show Popular (aired on WB ’99-’01) was canceled before damage could be done.

9. Ray says:

What fresh hell is this indeed!

10. Steven says:

Remind me of the I Know What You Did Last Spring Break! episode of his show Popular. Over the top slasher comedy.

• CMarie says:

I had no idea Popular was a Ryan Murphy show til you said that. I LOVED that show when it was on. Could have something to do with being in those perfect tween years then, but still. I should have known I would become addicted to all things Ryan Murphy 15 years later…

11. Josh says:

This show could be funny. I’m looking forward to it. And I think Lea is gonna be the killer

12. 'A' Has Been Revived says:

@Andy Swift, will you also post the HD version of the 3 minute trailer that is on YouTube? :D

• 'A' Has Been Revived says:

Also, in the 3 minute trailer, Chanel says “Good evening idiot hookers” lol. I died of laughter hahaha. :p

13. jc says:

Lea michelle should be the star not emma robbert ugh.

14. liame says:

30 seconds of fun, can’t wait to see this. I hope it doesn’t disappoint. JLC is in it, Come On!!!

15. This show looks sooo bad! I’m sooty lea michele in a back brace making weird faces I feel like she is making fun of people who really have issues with their back and have to wear that in wear life like I had to for years.