American Crime: Felicity Huffman, Timothy Hutton Returning for Season 2

American Crime Season 2

The more things change for American Crime, the more they stay the same.

Felicity Huffman and Timothy Hutton, who have starred in the ABC drama’s first season, will return for its sophomore run, our sister site Deadline reports.

Network president Paul Lee said earlier this week that the second season would be a “complete reset,” with a new crime taking place in a different part of America. To that end, any returning cast members will play “very specific new roles.”

In Season 1, Huffman and Hutton played Barb Hanlon and Russ Skokie, the grieving parents of a murdered war veteran. Huffman recently received a Critics’ Choice nomination for her work in the rookie series.

American Crime‘s first season wraps tonight at 10/9c.

Happy to hear that Huffman and Hutton will be back? Hit the comments.

1. wrstlgirl says:

I was really hoping for a new story for season two, missed hearing that until now. I’ll be watching season one wrap up tonight, a real slowwww burn IMO so I hope it was worth sticking around.

2. Angela says:

Same actors but new story and new roles? Interesting. Curious to see how they’ll manage to make that work, but I like these actors, so I’ll see how it plays out.

3. ninamags says:

It is a fantastic show. It’s a shame it didn’t develop a larger audience.
    Felicity and Timothy are amazing in this.
    Can’t wait to see what story they give us next time.

4. et al. says:

They’re both great actors. Looking forward to season 2. Season 1 has been fantastic.

5. David4 says:

About time networks started doing this type of story.

And with these two wonderful people this sounds like a good plan. Just hope the story isn’t as boring.

6. Bartimeus says:

I feel AHS and True Detective have started a trend that is gonna be a habit with broadcast for years. ABC now has 2 with a third premiering later this year and FOX has SQ. ABC should branch out from sticking solely to crime anthologies though.

7. Sara says:

I’m confused. Is this one of Ryan Murphy’s anthology series? I thought he was doing an American Crime one and this seems really similar to his penchant for keeping the same cast and telling a different story.

8. Julie says:

how is Timothy Hutton coming back on season two if he shot himself?? This is an awesome show and I hope it’s stays on

9. I love Timothy Hutton he is a great actor so I’m happy that he will play another season and I hope he gets an EMI because he’s simply the best!

10. monieet says:

Who can come back for a second season they are all dead.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

“…the second season would be a “complete reset,” with a new crime taking place in a different part of America. To that end, any returning cast members will play “very specific new roles.””

• monieet says:

ohhh. New stories same actors… Great call. Gonna love seeing Carter, Avery, and Russ again. Lets keep this going for several more seasons. Love you Tim Hutton!

• Angela says:

Not all of them died. Only three of the characters did.

11. monieet says:

12. I read he will play Chuck Skokie, maybe Russ Skokie had a twin

13. Mary says:

The actors all made each character absolutely believable. Such great great acting. Thank you all.

14. Mary says:

I hope the charactercs. Who played Aubry and also Carter will return in other parts as well. They were award winning.

15. Carmen says:

Loved Huffman & Hutton in American Crime. But it would be better to have new actors in a new story…

16. Ginnie says:

How about Richard Cabral? Would like to see him return in a different role. He was terrific as Hector. totally convincing and acting from the heart.

17. Salome says:

I liked the show, love the main actors.
    I do hope the new season moves a little quicker.