May Sweeps Massacre: 25+ Deaths from Revenge, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More — Which Loss Hit You Hardest?

TV Deaths 2015

Call us crazy, but are we in the midst of the bloodiest May sweeps in recent television history?

Since sweeps officially kicked off April 23, the bodies have been piling up at an alarming rate — more than two dozen across the five broadcast networks by our count — and the carnage isn’t over yet.

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is currently leading the pack with six major deaths, while Person of Interest is a close second with five. But hey, it’s still anyone’s game!

Browse our gallery of sweeps deaths below, which will continue to be updated as more of your faves fall, then drop a comment: Which loss hit you hardest?

1. Citizen of the Internet says:

I’m still hurting over iZombie killing Lowell last night

2. Sam says:

Derek Shepherd, obviously.

3. Theresa says:

Loved Revenge, will miss it. Would love to see a spinoff with Nolan.

4. DarkDefender says:

Derek Shepherd. Hands down.

5. Winnie says:

Does the beloved Katya from RuPaul’s Drag Race count in the tally? Technically, it was a “lip sync for your life” and she went down at the hands of a corporate mogul (Hello Kitty) and the physical moves of a high-kicking rival. :(

6. EM says:

Derek Shepherd.

7. Nan says:

HUH! I only sometimes watch one of these shows {NCIS} and wasn’t interested in Ned at all. Guess i dodged a bullet myself for this sweeps season.

8. kirads09 says:

Joe Carroll. Ok, not shocking. But he was the core of the series. It was HIS following. I think the show went sideways with all these other killers. I am actually glad it is cancelled because despite Bacon’s many good points, the show would have gone no where even faster.

9. Reba42 says:

Toss up. I haven’t watched Grey’s in years, but McDreamy was a shock.

Lowell on IZombie was (missing???) but probably hurt the most.

10. Lysh says:

I stopped watching SPN once it moved after Arrow (too busy giffing Arrow) and now I’m not sure I want to get back into it because of Charlie. Like…why?? Too good, too pure. Hopefully they never kill Jody Mills.

11. dman6015 says:

Lazy, unimaginative writing explains a lot. Show writers can’t come up with a great storyline, so they kill off a major character to get ratings.

12. Tom says:

I nearly cried seeing the picture of Charlie. So horrible. I did laugh at this though: Sunil Bakshi Cause of Death: Killed by Jemma

• John Sheffield (@cubeslave) says:

I was so POed about Charlie I haven’t even watched that episode.

The way Jemma didn’t even bat an eye when she missed Ward and killed Bakshi showed how far she she has come.

13. TheDus2009 says:

Forever is a bruise that won’t heal easy

14. Ro says:

“Neck snapped by Root”… awesome!

15. wrstlgirl says:

Charlie on Supernatural. Sam and Dean will never forgive themselves, lol. I was also sad to see Maseo go. I liked his character even though I loathe those stupid flashbacks.

16. HeatherC says:

Derek’s hit me the hardest for sure. =( (And IIRC, last year’s total deaths was around 30 as well so no, this year isn’t the worst but it’s still been highly emotional for the fans!)

17. Nitemar says:

Derek the most, I’m sure. May I say also say, so glad Kalinda didn’t make your list! :)

18. gymzrus says:

Derek Shepherd. End of story. It’s the end of anything Shonda Rhimes related for me. Treat the man that helped make the show what it is like garbage, you treat the fans like garbage. Her ego has gotten so big and ABC is allowing it, putting all their eggs in one big basket with her. Guess what ABC? I hopped off that stupid carousel, it made me sick, and rollercoaster used to be my favorite ride, not anymore. There is enough depressing things in this world, I don’t need to watch a show (I used to enjoy) on an endless free fall. Unfortunately, I too wasted 10 years on that to get this garbage payoff. NEVER again Shonda Rhimes. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

19. Alia says:

Shonda Rhimes perfect tvshow should be The Walking Dead.

• Julie says:

Exactly. TWD just kills characters off for the heck of it. How exactly did killing off Beth, Tyrese and Noah ‘help the story’? Maybe she is on the writing staff?

• Beth was to show how hope in that world could be stripped faster than it can be gained (Maggie wasn’t sure if Beth was alive before that), Tyrese started the whole Sasha story and she had some amazing scenes with Michone for that. And Noah was for the Glenn story with whats-his-name jerk and to show how selfish and unprepared the alexandira people are for that world.

20. Jim says:

Savannah from NCIS: NO. Lasalle can’t catch a break recently. Runner up is Nadia from Chicago PD.

21. Bear75 says:

Nadia – CPD
    Really messed with my head! Chicago Fire & PD aren’t usually known for hard-hitting drama, so I kept thinking they were going to save her.
    I think also the CoW from SVU usually focusses on strangers, so to hear what happened about a character you have come to know about and like for the way they turned things around; it just really knocked me for six :/ Shocked.

22. Gus says:

Victoria Grayson, you rag ho trick ass bitches. Will never get over it.

23. SAM says:

“Forever”. :-(

24. Carol C says:

Lowell on iZombie. Please bring him back!!!!!

25. Dan the critic says:

You forgot Bradley on the season finale of Bates Motel

26. Shawn says:

Lowell! I watched this show just to see what it was about. I loved it. Now they have killed the hero! He was cool

27. arial2 says:

Kelly Burkhardt (if she really did die) and Ned Dorneget. Darn, I liked those two characters!

28. You have a weird definition of “shocking”.

29. stormsurger says:

The one that hurt me the most was an unkillable man, but ABC managed to kill Dr. Henry Morgan in Forever. Creeps!

30. Becky says:

Charlie on Supernatural. I always loved the episodes she was in and her friendship with both boys.

31. Ruby says:

Derek Shepherd OBVIOUSLY

32. crimibird says:

My poor baby Savannah. I’ll remember you honey.

33. Jenna says:

RIP Forever
    I know, this is about character deaths; still, this one hurts the most.

34. oliverhearst says:

Grimm also had six deaths total, tying with Agents of Shield

35. SD says:

I don’t watch Agents of Shield…but good Lord is there anyone left in the cast?

• Charlotte says:

Oh heck yes. In fact going into Season 3 there are 10 main cast members. (Probably a reason why there were so many killed off.) Most of SHIELD’s deaths this year were part of the major supporting cast with one possible death of a main character.

36. Lilisullivan says:

I am really bummed about Supernatural killing Charlie. Getting rid of all the great female characters on that show is getting really old…
    And Lowell on IZombie, please say it ain’t so :/

37. A Proud Marshmallow says:

I already miss Derek Shepherd, i miss him so much that i satrted Grey’s Anatomy marathon this weekend. I’m on season 4 right now and i must say that i HATE HATE HATE Shonda freaking Rhimes, hate her with every fiber of my being, and not only because she killed Derek, but also for killing Mark, and Lexi, and even George (i forgot how much i liked that character). Seeing Mark and Derek together on screen is so bittersweet i cry watching some episodes with them being them and being friends and just this great men. So, all I’m saying is that I HATE you Shonda, you promised us a happy ending for Derek and Meredith and just like you did with Mark and Lexi, you took that away, you horrible cruel person you…Hope you’re happy with what you did, ’cause I’m certainly not