Scandal Finale Sneak Peek: Olivia Bids an Emotional 'Goodbye' to Fitz

Loading video...

Olivia has said goodbye to Fitz countless times during Scandal‘s four-year run, but something about the farewell she bids him in Thursday’s season finale (10/9c, ABC) feels… different.

Maybe we’re reading too much into the above clip. Or maybe we’re not. Press PLAY above and then weigh in below.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Really hope they get rid of Papa Pope aka Joe Morton for good.

2. Ali says:

Oh this doesn’t look good for olitz shippers :O

3. CC says:

I’m SO over Shonda Rhimes pushing her favs (Mellie and Jake) to the front and sacrificing Liv/Fitz. The viewers and original gladiators are SO over B613 and the spy show. Hopefully S5 will be the last as Shonda has ruined yet ANOTHER show.

• AddieM says:

Her favs! nobody on this show has been screwed over like Meliie has, we’ve had 3 seasons of Mellie taking the back seat to the Fitz/Liv shananigans..it’s her turn now to shine

• Kat Aston says:

Oh please Bellamy Young is a supporting actress the same as the characters of Abby, Quinn, and Susan Ross. We all know how this is going to turn out, Fitz will be miserable without LIv, and eventually they will get back together. There’s no Scandal without Olivia and Fitz. The character of Mellie is only relevant as a blocker to Fitz and Olivia.

• AddieM says:

Olivia/Fitz are not Scandal.
          Supporting character or not, she’s much more tolerable than Olitz and I’m glad the second half of the season Shonda has made Fitz more of a supporting character and has developed Mellie’s character more. And I’m sure her role will only get bigger next season.

• oh well says:

AddieM shut up,do you really believe that Scandal would still be on if Mellie was the protagonist?

• dawn jack says:

WOW THAT SHOULD BE EXCITING! I WILL BE RUNNING HOME EVERY THURSDAY TO SEE MELLIE RUN FOR PRESIDENT. YEAH RIGHT!!!!

• lynda says:

You think so?

4. Whatevah says:

*yawn*

5. Sara says:

If he wasn’t such an ass maybe this would effect me

• Olitz_Lady says:

How is he an ass? Did he lie to Olivia or force her to have an affair with him? She a grown woman and made her own choices.

• Larc says:

Fitz is the married and the one who’s breaking his vows. Olivia has made no such vows.

• notinjersey says:

oh no, being married is so awful. that definitely makes him an ass.

• AddieM says:

You are right, I’m not a fan of this glorified affair either. When Fitz was going to leave Mellie for Liv , I was all for it..but then I realized this is never going to happen esp now that Mellie and Fitz seem to be getting along so well

• Olitz_Lady says:

Is a marriage about getting along and being partners or should there be a deeper connection?

• Olitz_Lady says:

Marriage is what 2 people make of it. What happened to destroy the bond of the two people in the marriage? Did Mellie contribute? She sure did. Instead of telling her husband what happened to her she let a rapist go free to make sure she and Fitz would end up in the WH someday. Fitz tried to touch her and she turned her back on him for years. Who in their right mind would stay in a marriage like that where the person who is supposed to love them does not show it back? I sure would not. Fitz has a right to find a real true love with a man that loves him for who he is as a man and not for his political career.

• Olitz_Lady says:

I meant Fitz has a right to find a real true love with a woman. Although nothing wrong with same sex either. LOL…

• msemmyjones says:

He’s an ass for using his power as the president to make a man she’s seeing lose his job. He’s an ass for using his power as the president to fly her places without her permission in order to have conversations about their relationship. He’s an ass for using his power as the president put her under constant surveillance. And he’s an ass for countless other examples where he has used his power as the president in an oppressive and abusive manner. I quit watching at the end of the third season because theirs is touted as this epic love story and in reality their relationship is abusive and frightening.

• Dmac says:

Or when he was willing to send our troops into war just so he get her back after she was kidnapped. I think that was the final straw for Olivia when she realized how toxic and co-dependent they are together.

• msemmyjones says:

Yep, exactly. Their relationship, and especially the fact that so many people think it should be viewed as the epic romance, has creeped me out since basically day one. And it’s the major reason I stopped watching the show this season.

• lurve says:

Our troops?

• AddieM says:

True^^
          Not forgetting him starting an unnecessary war and sending 40+ men to their deaths for one woman!

• TrudiV says:

Don’t forget him being an ass for getting the navy to release the records of the admiral’s whereabouts. Don’t forget him being an ass for flying Olivia’s mother out of the country. Don’t forget him being an ass for offering Sally a position in his cabinet just because Olivia asked him.

This show has seriously lost its way.

• jJenner 1287 says:

Girl what are you drinking!!

• Olitz_Lady says:

LOL@ abusive. Liv calls Fitz up all the time and yells at him so he can give into whatever illegal favor she needs. If he’s an ass well she is a bitch I guess because they both love hard and make each other crazy. The only abuse I have seen on Scandal is the Jake character putting his hands on Olivia throat and slamming her against the wall. He also put her in the hospital when she was trying to get away from him. That’s abuse no question.

• tonya says:

get em lady spill that tea these newbies dont know jack about liv and fitz school em girl

• msemmyjones says:

To be fair, this thread isn’t about how abusive Jake is, is it? Nobody said Olivia should go off with Jake instead of Fitz. Instead, I’m just talking about how terrible a person Fitz is. And abuse isn’t simply a physical thing. Fitz is the President of the United States. He wields incredible power, power that he uses to his advantage over Olivia. And that is abuse. It is abusive to use your power as the President to have someone else removed from their office because they were getting too close to a woman you love. It is abusive to use your power as the President to send the secret service to Olivia’s house and demand she report to him, by plane, just to talk about their relationship. It is abusive to use your power as the President to PUT A WOMAN YOU’RE INTERESTED IN UNDER SURVEILLANCE. That kind of behavior is reprehensible and abusive and just straight up TERRIFYING. Olivia, on the other hand, DOES NOT have this same kind of power over Fitz. Her yelling at him a time or two, and him giving in t what she wants every once in a while? Not in any way the same thing.

• AddieM says:

Jake is more functional that Fitz. Huck has choked Liv and shoved her to the wall at one point & when Quinn went rogue she pointed a gun at Liv… so should Liv drop all these people who love her to bits because they’ve been abusive to her. That is Liv’s world and she knows the rules, she knew the risks when she went to steal that information from Jake. The only toxic r/ship on Scandal is Fitz/Liv.

6. herman1959 says:

Ooh, and they had the music playing in the background too…this is not good, y’all.

7. Olitz_Lady says:

SR is so overly dramatic with her writing. Olitz has not been together all season. The hell Olivia calling to say goodbye for? Whatever! Fitz just need to file for divorce from Mellie crazy ass and ignore Liv with all her attention seeking antics.

8. Verna says:

Here we go again !!! another goodbye to Fitz .. I am SO over this it is getting VERY boring Shonda !!! So is B613 and useless Jake … Time to look for another show which actually stops using wash, rinse tactics and halfars*ed spy stories .. YAWN !!

9. Kate says:

Nope–there will ALWAYS be hope! Why else would Mellie be running for President? Once she is elected, Fitz and Olivia STILL can’t be together…continuing their tortured love story. Olitz forever!!! :-D

10. Ms. S says:

They have not been together all season…what is different or new here??? She is saying goodbye again??? Fitz needs to get the hell away from all of it, the white house, Mellie and Olivia move to Vermont and try to have some peace for the rest of his days.

11. Tracey says:

Yawn.Here we go again.

12. ToHellWithYou says:

F**# all of you who say he’s horrible and deserves to die!! All he ever did was love Olivia! He wanted out of that marriage but Olivia and Mellie wouldn’t let him!! True Gladiators know this!!

• delfiteblu says:

RIGHT! They are what all the other stories are supposed to be built around. The kidnapping story was really dumb and I don’t see any reason for it other than to take up time. Maybe Shonda did THAT while she trying to figure out how to kill Patrick Dempsey. Sure can’t let us have ANY happy endings!

• AddieM says:

True gladiators would not support the killing of innocent men to save 1 woman’s life.
      As it happens a true gladiator did save Liv’s life without bloodshed.

13. Maryann says:

I may be done if Fitz and Olivia are permanently done.

14. delfiteblu says:

SPOILERS??????????? Do we even CARE what happens on the show if you’re telling us Fitz and Live are “breaking up”? It was the full premise OF the show. I can’t believe you’ve done this.

15. Caroline says:

My favorite part of Scandal by far and away is Fitz and Olivia. I can’t understand – at all – why people hate on Fitz. Then again, I can’t stand Jake – and lots of people love him. Different strokes, I guess. But I won’t watch if Fitz is gone. Tony Goldwyn had a unique ability to make you feel what Fitz feels. He’s outstanding. And if he goes, so will I. This season has been really weak, regardless of which guy you want Liv with – the B613 crap needs to finally end. Ultra boring.

16. ChicagoDan says:

Because this goodbye IS differernt than the S3 finale and all the other times. Yeah, right!

17. Amy says:

Couldn’t she be saying goodbye to him because she’s worried she’s about to die? She is facing off against her father (for the thousandth time). That doesn’t sound like she’s over him. That sounds like she’s getting her affairs in order and saying goodbye to the people she loves.

18. Tracey says:

I must bid an emotional goodbye Scandal.Done deal.

19. Sarah says:

I’m so over Fitz and Olivia. I shipped them in season 1&2 but I’m so over them now. Put Mellie & Fitz back together on a seriously level. There’s so much potential there. And give Jake to someone who actually deserves him because Olivia does not

20. TrudiV says:

Let’s all just wait and see what this goodbye is all about.

21. wunmi says:

That ‘goodbye’ sounded so heavy. I can’t help thinking something bad or terrible is going to happen and I’m scared for them already

22. “Something about this feels…different”

Not to me.

23. Nina says:

Who even cares at this point? They’re not even together, haven’t been all season. Love how ABC trots this out when the ratings of the show are slipping to season one levels yet they want to make it the Mellie and B613 show. Just like the plot lines, their relying on Olitz promo doesn’t make any sense.

24. Susan Keener says:

From the actors comments and finale clips , it appears Fitz will die. I’m not happy about this and it will end Scandal for me.

25. sandra Davis says:

Please let Fitz and Olivia get back together I miss that very much lastly get rid of papa Pope

26. Chaundria says:

There is no Scandal without Liv and Fitz.

27. Anonymous says:

Their Goodbyes always lead back to Hellos. These 2 can never be apart for long. However, if Shonda Rhimes decides to change the direction of the show and kills off Fitz in the Finale than I am officially done with Scandal. Tony Goldwyn is pretty much the only reason why I continue to watch this show.

28. Lol when you all will realize that shonda doesn’t write according to the expectations of the fans. I honestly doubt an olitz end game. Just see what she did with greys. I’m even lost on the whole story because st one point it was dragged beyond its natural course. Ugh.

29. S. C. says:

Yea definitely feels like she is getting ready for something big.

30. greysfan says:

I really hope Papa Pope finally dies. I love Joe Morton but its time they kill him.

31. Onea says:

Usually she just hangs up on him with no goodbye. Not sure on this one.

32. jeanna nelson says:

i want olivia and fitz to get together after all this time . they love each other love always wins. let it win here . please let us have a happy ending.

33. Marshel Alexander says:

they can’t be over! THe show just won’t be the same without their love they share