Ratings: DWTS Semis Hit 4-Week High

DWTS Ratings

Dancing With the Stars‘ semifinals on Monday night drew 13.3 million total viewers and a 2.1 rating, up two tenths in the demo week-to-week to hit a four-week high.

Leading out of that, Castle’s Season 7 finale did 8.7 mil and a 1.4, hitting an 8-week high in audience while flat in the demo. Versus its year-ago finale, Castle was down 18 and 33 percent.

Elsewhere….

NBC | The Voice (9.8 mil/2.4) ticked up, while the already-renewed Night Shift (5.1 mil/1.2) dipped a tenth.

FOX | A double-pump of the cancelled The Following averaged 3.1 mil and a 1.0, down a tenth in the demo.

THE CW | The finales of The Originals (1.1 mil/0.5) and Jane the Virgin (1.3 mil/0.5) were steady in the demo.

CBS | 2 Broke Girls (7.1 mil/1.6) and NCIS: LA (8.1 mil/1.3) each dipped a tenth, Mike & Molly (7.8 mil/1.7) ticked up and the cancelled Stalker (6.4 mil/1.3) rose 11 percent in audience but was flat in the demo.

1. kmw says:

Expected Castle to do better demo wise but still decent HH numbers. CBS is struggling and poor FOX. I thought Following would do better. Nothing else a surprise

2. Mr. Tran K says:

The season finale of Castle last night was the best and I’m very happy that Stana Katic is back for Season 8. Hope my money’s on Nastia Liukin to win DWTS.

3. LADY_in_MD says:

Does anyone know if Jane the Virgin will be available on an online platform like Hulu or Netflix I did not get to watch it while it was on Mondays are way too full on my dvr and its a show I really wanted to watch and thought I could catch up during the summer

• BrightLight says:

Since I was going to Hulu anyway to watch a show, I though I’d check for you. Only the past 6 episodes are on Hulu right now. Last night’s finale can only be watched this week if you have Hulu Plus. If you don’t, you’ll have to wait until next week to watch it.
      Last summer, if I remember correctly, the CW put the most recent season of their shows on Hulu a few episodes a week until they ran through them all right before the new season started . That’s how I caught up with Arrow, The 100 and The Originals last summer anyway. I don’t know if that’s something they do every year or not as last year was the first year I had to do it as I no longer have cable.

• saynay says:

JTV is on Hulu. It probably won’t be on Netflix until a month before the season 2 premiere.

• Jared says:

The CW and Netflix have a streaming deal so im sure it would be available in the next couple months on that platform.

• LADY_in_MD says:

Thank you all! I really appreciate the help will look out for it on Netflix soon I don’t have Hulu but may end up getting it have a nice day 😀

4. Gerald says:

I’m kinda glad The Following is ending. I have grown to not like Ryan Hardy very much. I really like Max and Mike. But it is really rough on them being in Ryan’s collateral range. The plot with Max’s boyfriend was bad on so may levels. Not impressed by the writing on that plot.

5. Paula Jenkins says:

Devastated by the cancelation of The Following by Fox. Hope it gets picked up by someone. Will follow The Following!

6. carbono says:

Has anyone heard anything about Molly Quinn, Susan Sullivan or Penny Johnson signing new contracts for season 8? I’ve heard everybody else has but haven’t heard a word on them. Or were they still under contract?