Selma Blair Cast as Kris Jenner in FX's O.J.-Themed American Crime Story

Selma Blair Kris Jenner

Ryan Murphy has decided to keep up with the Kardashians.

Selma Blair (Anger Management) will portray reality TV matriarch Kris Jenner in FX’s American Crime Story: The People V. OJ Simpson, our sister site Deadline reports.

American Crime Story, from American Horror Story creator Murphy, got a straight-to-series order in October — with a 10-episode first season focusing on the murder trial of NFL star Simpson, who was accused and ultimately acquitted of killing his wife Nicole Brown Simpson.

Jenner, for those who don’t know, was married to O.J.’s pal-turned-defense attorney Robert Kardashian, played in American Crime Story by none other than David Schwimmer.

Your thoughts on Blair’s casting? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. paco says:

I’m sorry, but “Ross” is going to have to do Academy Award winning acting for me to take him seriously in this role…

• rafasgirl76 says:

He was great in friends, but really he was good in band of brothers

• AintNoSouthernBelle says:

What do you think now? I thought the same thing. I was like this is going to work I am not going to see Robert Kardashian as I remember him from the nineties I’m just gonna see Ross as I remember him from the nineties. But now I’m surprised. The tv was on an old episode of friends and I heard Ross and looked up expecting to see Robert Kardashian. It was then I realized Ross is gone. Ross is dead. The new generation following this will now link david to Kardashian and have no knowledge of ross. I think it’s pretty good. Kardashian was so bland so david is actually under acting his abilities which is probably just as hard a feat as having to hit a grand slam but so far Im surprised and curious to know if your mind has changed as well.

2. Steven says:

Hate Kris but I love Selma. They do look alike actually.

3. Jess says:

Yes, we all remember how integral Kris was to the trial.

I guess we’ll be seeing their at home lives. I know I’ve heard it caused problems in their marriage that her husband defense OJ after he murdered her best friend.

• amber says:

Kris and Robert were already divorced when Nicole was murdered.

• AintNoSouthernBelle says:

That’s total sarcasm. Kris wasn’t integral to the case. They used Roberts unknown at the time family to grab the curiosity of this weirdly obsessed with the Kardashians generation. I was at first kinda annoyed they were going to give them any storyline but now from what I’ve seen I think it’s brilliant. Not only are they making fun of them but turning their self righteous fame on themselves by using a script to remind them of how their dad would feel today as they rely so hard on staying relevant. Although, I think they are so self absorbed they are not noticing the moral behind thode monologs.

4. david says:

omg i wanted lisa rinna

5. iHeart says:

why? wasn’t she married to Bruce and expecting Kendall around the time of the trial?

• Ron says:

Yes, but I’m pretty sure Kris showed up to the trial regularly because Nicole was her best friend. And I think it’s been said that Robert defending OJ put a strain on their co-parenting. That said, there probably was no real reason to have Kris portrayed in this except just to have Kris portrayed in this. In fairness, whether we like it or not, of everyone involved (or, “involved”) with this trial, Kris is arguably the one people talk most about now, so of course they have to throw her in.

• tsevca says:

They could also do that to show, how their once common friends handled the situation. Do I stand with my dead friend? Do I believe my friend wouldn´t kill her? Especially with someone famous to crave attention of public.

6. Georgia Madman says:

Will be passing on this POS.

7. abby says:

I thought I’d read it was lisa rinna! she would have been amazing!

• Catherine says:

While I love Rinna she is far too old to play Kris Jenner in the 90s.

• czechchicklet says:

Originally it was Lisa. Kris said she called Lisa up and told her anytime she wanted to talk about the role, she’d be there for any questions or any advice.
      It was also all over the net and just recently on tv. I don’t know what happened.

8. dude says:

To everyone freaking out, she’s probably going to only be in one episode just like most of the people stunt cast for this series.

9. Bhud says:

and don’t forget there is the widely held belief that kris and oj were at one point having an affair