Revenge Pilot Revisited: Emily Meets Victoria, Plus 18 Other Key Moments

Happy Revenge finale day!

Before we bid adieu to Emily Thorne — or whatever she’s calling herself these days — and the entire Hamptons crew, TVLine is looking back at the fateful hour that started it all, and we’re toasting with a tall glass of hindsight.

After everything that’s happened during the past four seasons, it’s hard to believe that the world of the pilot even existed, one in which Nolan was more geek than chic, in which Emily expressed genuine feelings for Daniel and in which Victoria had yet to fake her death (twice).

Browse our gallery of must-discuss moments from the pilot below — extra points for anyone who can pin-point Declan’s accent — then drop a comment with your fondest memories of seasons past: When do you think Revenge was at its finest?

1. smartysenior says:

The first season was surprising, terrific, and different. But then we ran out of photos to red X. They’ve held on since then with really dumb ideas but on the other hand if you run out of photos you run out of your whole plot. As much as I’ve loved this show it’s time to go.

2. Dennis says:

This was hilarious, thank you! Great captions :)

3. it feels like it was one for more than four years.

4. Jerry says:

I’m of course being overly dramatic and sentimental here. For me I bingewatched most shows like LOST. But there is something very special about being with the show all the way from start to the end watching the episodes as they are being produced from the premiere to the end, and Revenge is the the first drama which I have done that with (mostly because it is the first out of all other shows I watched like OUAT and Scandal to end).

It certainly brings back memories not just to the time you first watched it in 2011 (I recalled it premiered on the night where X factor premiered, and Modern Family hit a series high 6.1), but also memories of the years you spent watching the show. For me, it started from college year in 2011, to prepping for A levels, to a brief stint in the army, to university, and almost at all times struggling to catch up with the episodes due to commitments. I’m glad I made it just in time to watch the final episode.

Of course, nothing can match the first season. If Revenge has started out with the 2nd or even 3rd or 4th season in terms of quality, I probably would have dropped it within the first few episodes. It is a guilty pleasure that I never told my friends about, so I watched it alone all the time. But thanks for the memories, and this show will always have a place in my heart.

5. Letti says:

You’re so rude about Declan. Sure, he wasn’t the best character, but he was kind of innocent and also Jack’s brother. And when he died, I cried my eyes out. It was heartbreaking.

6. Hillchics says:

So funny, thanks Andy! I’ll miss your recaps!!

7. Meredith says:

Don’t forget, of course, the first proper use of the abbreviation “STEMI” on primetime TV! Kudos to the medics who tuned the writers onto that one!

8. jfaw86 says:

Didn’t Declan and Jack have different moms? I thought Jack believed some other woman was his mother when Stevie told him she was his mother.

9. debra says:

is revenge coming back

10. H Gonzalez says:

I really love the ending when finally Jack hooked up with Amanda !!!