Fall TV Preview

Fall TV: Watch Trailers for NBC's Blindspot, The Player and More

Blindspot NBC

In addition to announcing its fall 2015 schedule, NBC kicked off Upfronts Week on Sunday by releasing trailers for its new series, including prolific producer Greg Berlanti’s drama Blindspot, the Wesley Snipes thriller The Player and the comedy People Are Talking, featuring Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Meaghan Rath.

PHOTOS Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to Next Season’s New Shows and Stars

Watch the trailers in their entirety below:

Best Time Ever With Neil Patrick Harris (Tuesday, 10/9c)

Blindspot (Monday, 10 pm)

Heartbreaker (Tuesday, 9 pm)

People Are Talking (Friday, 9:30 pm)

The Player (Thursday, 10 pm)

Thoughts on NBC’s fall offerings? Drop a comment with your reviews of the trailers below.

1. Iamthebest says:

no heroes trailer yet? And yes, it’s a sad schedule (I miss comedies on thursday)

2. Williwasnt says:

Best Time Ever w/NPH should’ve been called “Neil Patrick Hour”

3. Mr. Tran K says:

The Player is the one new NBC series I’m really looking forward to and I can’t imagine seeing Wesley Snipes on prime time TV. This is destined to be one of the breakout hits of the upcoming Fall TV season and it does have potential with a Blacklist lead-in. Heartbreaker is going to be one of the major flops on NBC and I have a feeling that Dave Annable is going to have yet another failed series like he did with 666 Park Avenue and Red Band Society. People Are Talking is going to be a huge disaster with Mark Paul Gosselaar in a sitcom dating back to the heydays of Saved By the Bell and Blindspot seems to have a good showing with a Voice lead-in on Monday nights.

4. Das Snow says:

When I first read the premise for heartbreaker I thought no. But the trailer looks alright. So I will give it a couple episodes. I will be checking out the other shows on this except for the Neil Patrick Harris one. I’m a fan of his just not that big of a fan.

5. Missy Kelly says:

Strike Back guys on NBC – Yeah! Watched all the trailers – there are more NBC shows that I am planning on watching than I can remember. With luck, the medical show can take the place of Grey’s Anatomy. Am definitely watching Heartbreaker & The Player!

• Mr. Tran K says:

The Player is from the producers of The Blacklist. It does have a lot of action and of course Wesley Snipes. That’s the one NBC series I’m really looking forward to.

6. jim says:

tHEY LOOK GOOD ESPECIALLY bLINSPOT & pEOPLE ARE tALKING

7. Alyse says:

Blindspot and the player look good, I’ll definitely watch them. I may check out heartbreaker

8. Alice says:

People Are Talking looks painfully bad and cringe-worthy.

9. Dennis says:

Heartbreak looks surprisingly good! Live Melissa George!

Blindspot looks fun too, Greg Berlanti is incredible

10. dsrbroadway says:

TV really needs to stop trying to make Melissa George a thing – did they learn nothing from ABC a decade ago?

And as for the rest? They need to stop trying to make film concepts into a series, because they always peter out way too quickly. So expect a fresh crop of shows to replace all of these next May!

• johnhelvete says:

The mistake the producers make for those shows is trying to stretch out the central mystery for multiple seasons. Look at the Blacklist (what is the relation between Red and Liz). They should have resolved that at the end of season 1 and moved on to the next big mystery. A TV series with a film concept would be fine if the writers approached each season as one film, with season 2 being the sequel.

• Dude says:

TV should never stop trying to make talented, beautiful actresses a thing.

• Stacy says:

I like MG. I guess we’ll find out if she’s able to carry a series, though. I think Heartbreaker has potential – if they round it out with a worthy ensemble cast I would watch.

11. DW says:

Blindspot looked interesting but Heartbreaker looked awful. People are Talking was kinda funny but can they get a whole season out of that set-up? NPH will probably have ratings trouble because of the variety format.

12. James D says:

Blindspot and Player look really good. Glad to see the boys from Strike Back got some good projects so soon.

13. CouchPotato says:

HEARTBREAKERS looks like an unaired pilot for Sandra Oh as Christina Yang from Grey’s Anatomy. PEOPLE ARE TALKING looks like it will be cancelled weeks after it airs.

14. Diz says:

Nothing really jumps out as must see, but I may give Player, People are watching, and Heartbreaker a shot. Blindspot looked horrible with the guy in a hazmat suit opening the bag with no gloves on! Because of that I couldn’t stop laughing through the rest of the trailer. What a joke.

15. Toby says:

“People Are Talking” is the only one I would probably check out. “Blindspot’ looks decent, but it looks beyond predictable.

16. Jared says:

To be fair, nothing ordered from the broadcast networks seem great for next season(at least not on paper)but NBC’s trailers almost seem laughable. It looks like a rough year is ahead.

17. janedoe2007 says:

I really like how Blindspot looks, and I might give The Player a try just because I like Philip Winchester. Heartbreaker looks awful, I don’t think it’ll last long!!

18. Babygate says:

Blindspot looks fierce. And different than the usual fare. I’m in. I hope Heartbreaker works for Melissa George. I always wished she would have stayed with Greys Anatomy. But i miss her accent.

19. diane says:

I will try out everything, except the “comedy”.

20. Martina says:

I’ll give Blindspot & The Player a go, I couldn’t watch anymore than the trailer of People Are Talking, it’s gonna be DOA. Didn’t much care for Heartbreaker either.

21. Joey Padron says:

The Player & People Are Talking looks good. Blindspot looks pretty good. Heartbreaker looks same old doctor show. I think that one will get cancelled first. happy to have Neil Patrick Harris back on TV.

22. N says:

Blindspot?

23. m3rcnate says:

So Network TV has fraked me way too many times by cancelling shows I really enjoyed after one season, so I am going to be SUUUPER picky as to which S1 shows I watch.

Blindspot; will be one of them (I know right? I’m shocked too. NBC of all places). I love that NBC got rid of their super bright primary colors style (go watch Revolution if you want to know what I mean) and instead are going with the real world color palate. I love the two leads (Kyle XY, Strikeback, Thor, etc). The mystery looks pretty cool, love that it’s a female lead, love that she is a bad-ass and sexy. If this show gets cancelled before we find out the mystery NBC better allow the show-runner to say how it was gonna end.

• m3rcnate says:

Heartbreaker; Eh. I don’t think i’m the shows target demo. Beautiful British blonde doctor? Most likely a love triangle at some point? Meh. The show is too colorful and looks too fake. My personal taste for a doctor show looks and is written like House M.D. and Monday Mornings. Realistic, fairly gritty, less primary colors, etc.

The Player; Eh. Unlike say “Las Vegas” which came off a very real (i believe it was really shot in Vegas?) this show comes off typical NBC (unlike Blindspot). Primary colors, sets that look like sets, sub-par CGI, action and guns and violence is pretty meh (unlike say Strike Back or 24). The play on Vegas/gambling words/terms (the constant “ill take that bet” type lines) is lame. Love the lead, like Wesley Snipes on TV, but no, wont watch. Doesn’t get picked up for S2.

• m3rcnate says:

People are Talking; Pass, gonna get cancelled before S2, most likely during its S1 run. Its the same old show. And really? That’s the story-line you are going with for your first episode? Hot babysitter? Wow, unoriginal much?

24. Mr. Tran K says:

My NBC trailer rankings: 1. The Player 2. Blindspot 3. Heartbreaker 4. People are Talking

25. Cate says:

People are talking looks like a sexist mess.

26. Alex Mindev says:

Will not be watching any of those, all look doom to eventual cancellation.

27. The Watcher says:

Initial Thoughts:
    -Blindspot Screams “John Doe” meets “Blacklist”
    -The Player is basically “Drive” meets Fincher’s “The Game”
    -Heartbreaker is just trying way to hard…
    and
    -People are Talking isn’t going to have many people talking…

28. SayNay says:

Did NBC even try this pilot season?! Blindspot seems Fifth Element high concept that will probably fall apart quickly. Also agree with whoever upthread said networks need to stop trying to make Melissa George happen. Heartbreaker looks like a sad Grey’s ripoff. The NPH trailer is probably the only thing with some promise because from the trailer there’s nothing to go on. Let’s hope the rest of NBC’s outings are better.

29. Bartimeus says:

I will definitely be watching Blindspot. It looks fantastic. I just hope it goes for shorter seasons esp since I need her to pop up in AoS at least once a season.

The Player sounded like a pass until I saw the trailer, and I will definitely check out the first couple episodes.

30. Jooshua says:

The Player reminds me of the Nathan Fillion show ‘Drive’ for some reason.

Blindspot looks amazing. I hope it does well. Jaimie Alexander is a bad-ass!

31. Sarah T says:

The Player looks somewhat interesting but it also looks like a slightly dumbed down version of Person of Interest where they find people that are likely to commit crimes. I love Mark Paul but that trailer looked awful. Seriously, I miss Franklin & Bash. Heartbreaker looked okay, if only for Dave Annabelle.

32. Jennifer says:

I will definitely be checking out The Player and Blindspot!! Love that the Strike Back guys both have their own shows.

33. Pati says:

I currently don’t watch anything on nbc but that’s is about to change, blind spot looks really good and Sullivsn Stapleton is in it I’m in, now the player I can’t wait, I love Phillip Winchester. I was so mad when they cancelled strike back but so happy they both have new shows that looks really good

34. Evan says:

Blindspot and The Player obviously need to already plan crossover episodes.

35. mayflyman says:

all the new shows are beginning to look like recycled old shows.

36. Alice says:

These all look terrible. NBC is a hot mess.

37. mayflyman says:

so someone mixed prison break (tattoos with clues), legends (former operator with amnesia) or bourne series (the amnesia part; depending which way u look at it), alias (a bad ass chick with a male handler) and something like the blacklist to give us a new show called “BLINDSPOT”. come on already

38. meatwad says:

As a big fan of Strike Back i will definitely be watching Blindspot and The Player. I’ll give People
    Are Talking a chance

39. Lexy says:

Blindspot looks like the best of this very meh NBC bunch.
    Heartbreaker looks like something that’s gonna be cancelled within the first 6 episodes.
    Couldn’t even finish the trailers for the Player and People are Talking.
    Will give Heroes Reborn a chance, but I dont expect much.

40. This looks very promising, love both of the actors (both great in hand to hand on screen combat), hope the powers of NBC keeps on the air.

41. TrudiV says:

The player looks good. I’ll put that in my DVR
    Another hospital drama… hell no!