Ratings: Five-0 Dips With Finale

Hawaii Five-0 Finale Ratings

Hawaii Five-0‘s regularly scheduled episode on Friday night drew 8.4 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating. Its special 10 pm Season 5 finale then did 8.1 mil and a 1.0, with both hours falling shy of a week ago.

Versus its previous finale, the yet-to-be-renewed Five-0 was down 12 and 23 percent.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Shark Tank (6.6 mil/1.5) and Beyond the Tank (5.6 mil/1.4) each dipped.

NBC | Grimm (4.3 mil/1.0) ticked up a tenth.

THE CW | Replacing Barber Battle in the lead-off spot, Whose Line (1.4 mil/0.5) was up conspicuously sharply from a week ago. Come 9 o’clock, the now-cancelled Messengers (680K/0.2) added a handful of eyeballs while flat in the demo.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Hope Hawaii Five-0 gets renewed if there’s any official word yet from CBS. Looks like the season finally ended with a cliffhanger even though last year didn’t get one.

2. JC1 says:

This wait to know whether H50 is going to be renewed is driving me crazy!! It’s the show I was most worried about, and so naturally it’s the one to get dragged out to the last minute.

3. moon says:

I just watched H50 for the first time in almost a year, and the weirdest part was the fact that the opening credits had 6 men and only one woman. How on earth does that even happen on network TV in this modern time? Peter lenkov and Co better Fix this problem if not I will not watch next season, only watched ep 25 because Michelle borth returned.

4. Lyn12 says:

This was an extremely low-drama, low-impact finale … and H5O’s finales as well as first-season episodes usually kick a$$. Noticed that no one was tweeting about it, either. I like Daniel Dae Kim’s character but I’m not sure pinning the ho-hum cliffhanger on Chin was the way to go. And they brought back Michelle Borth (McGarrett’s gf) but gave her nothing to do! Have liked the series aside from the crazy-annoying Scott Caan, but maybe it has run its course ….

5. ace ace says:

This finale was poorly planned and advertised. I didn’t know it was a 2yr special! When I saw previews for the next episode I thought it was for next week. lame on CBS part for canceling it based on drop of ratings for the finale when fans didn’t know about it like I did.

• Grey says:

My local affiliate was saying “Blue Bloods” was airing at 10PM. :-|
      I thought, “Didn’t their finale air last week?” But I tuned in anyway only to discover the “second part” of the “H5O” finale. ???? So no surprise to me that the ratings were low for both episodes and went down for the 10PM ep. What horrible promotion. And I also have to say that wedding dress and veil was not working. She has a great figure but they some how found a dress that made her look boxy and a veil and hairdo that aged her. Again, ????

6. Carrie says:

The finale was weird. Was that supposed to be a cliffhanger? Why couldn’t they just have her get married at the end? Plus, I had no idea there were 2 episodes until the first one ended and the commercial said that the season finale was next. I’m guessing a lot of people will actually see the finale later on DVR or On Demand.

7. Kay says:

Hope 5-0 gets renewed but Grimm last night was really good, for me there is no way Juliette can be redeemed after what she did…..glad to see Trubel back!

8. Conchatta Ferrell says:

I hope they don’t get cancelled, but I will admit, I’ve sort of lost interest in it this year. With Scott Caan not appearing in all the episodes, it kind of loses it’s punch. I haven’t seen the finale, so I can’t really pass judgement on it. I will say if Michelle Borth is back next season, I won’t watch. She’s the reason I missed almost all of Season 4. My opinion only.

9. Hawaii five 0 drop because a lot of people didn’t watch because the writers were stupid to bring back Michelle Borth after she got fired for being very nasty to the fans and cast and crew

• Em says:

Really? I never heard that…

• Bonnie Walker says:

Uh-huh, and your proof is? (And by proof, I mean a link to an article or something other than what you are stating here like it’s the gospel truth.) Wow,……

10. Larc says:

I watched last night for a change, but didn’t particularly enjoy it. Try as I might, I just can’t warm up to some of the main characters on the show. The quality level of the original is sadly lacking in this version, IMO.

11. Bob says:

I watched the two hour finale, but CBS was stupid and didn’t promote the season finale enough. They have to renew Hawaii Five 0. Hawaii Five 0, NCIS, and Criminal Minds all need to be renewed. And please CBS, start promoting your shows more. That’s how you get more viewers, which is something you obviously don’t know because the CBS officials are not that smart.

12. drhenning says:

In a way, it was old school new H50 with BFF’s Steve and Danny going at it… In a way, it felt like it could be finale with Danny finding out he has a son and Kono getting married… The Chin cliffhanger was a minor one… So if by chance it does get bumped, it does sorta wrap up most of the stories though there are still plenty out there ( Steve’s mother )… I don’t know what would do better on a Friday night… And I don’t know how people could have not known it was a special 2 hr finale since it was promoted that way all week on CBS…

13. Julesnz says:

I thought the final and the episode that preceded it was great! Really good to see the original four back in the main plot and fantastic to see Danny back with Steve, that’s what makes the Hawaii Five-O that we love. As for Cath, I think they gave her a more cautious role for the episode and that was good. So much of season 5’has been off-track so it was a welcome return, love it all and the cliff hanger was fine in my books!

14. John says:

I have a feelin Hawaii Five-0 is going to get the axe.

15. trf says:

Once it moved to Fridays, it fell off my schedule. I tried to catch episodes over the past 2? seasons, but it wasn’t happening for me.

16. shar says:

I don’t see how CBS can even consider dropping Hawaii 5-0. Blue Bloods and Hawaii 5-0 are the top rated shows on Friday nights. The 2 hours finale was great. I love both of these shows and will be really upset if they don’t get renewed.

17. awalker says:

Stinks that The Messengers didn’t get a fair shot. It gets better every week.