NBC Renews Night Shift for Season 3

Night Shift Renewed Season 3

The Night Shift crew has many more long shifts ahead of it, now that NBC has picked up the medical drama for a third season.

The Night Shift debuted in summer 2014, performed solidly, and came back for its sophomore run this spring.

The news comes at the end of a day in which NBC pulled the plug on Constantine, State of Affairs, Marry Me and About a Boy.

1. m3rcnate says:

This is one i didnt correctly predict. Expected it to get cancelled back when it started after season 1. I guess others are but im just not a fan of the ER/Doctors love triangle (especially the FMM variety) soapy primetime type show. I do love Jill Flint though (Royal Pains).

• kelly says:

The triangle part actually wrapped up, I think some time in the first season, so if you like her, you may want to give it another shot!

2. zac says:

I’m guessing this goes back to summer or in midseason

3. S says:

Glad to hear good news today (finally!). Now I just need to hear that The Mindy Project moving to Hulu is a done deal and we’re good.

• zac says:

i think it’s quite positive it’s moving somewhere. Mindy Kaling keeps posting hints on her instagram.

4. Jojo says:

Yay!! I’m excited! I just started watching this show, but I’m already hooked. Love Drew & Rick! Let’s see more of Rick in Season 3!!!

5. B says:

Yayy love this show!

6. HeatherC says:

YEEEESSS!!! This was the one making me the most nervous so I am THRILLED that my Night Shift folks are coming back for S3!! Congrats guys! =D

7. Evaine says:

This news made my night! I love this show. I love the fun and humour that laces through it and I gotta say, it’s pretty to look at too. :)

8. Mr. Tran K says:

That’s good news for Night Shift but NBC have no official word yet on the status of American Odyssey and AD: The Bible Continues.

9. Nancy says:

I am glad it got renewed. But they need to SERIOUSLY fix it. The medical stuff is woefully inaccurate. Hire a medical consultant for god sakes and get things right. And the acting needs to improve as well. It’s a good show but it could do better.

10. Kim says:

OMG, best news ever!!!!! I have been hoping for this news, and it finally came. YAY!!! LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!

11. This makes me extremely happy!

12. Joey Padron says:

so happy the show is coming back for another season!

13. wrstlgirl says:

Yes!!!! Wasn’t to worried but needed to see this stat, lol.

14. Csbd says:

This is one of my favorite light shows. It’s a great break from all the heavy depressing stuff I tend to watch.

15. Ricky Lee Jones says:

Awesome news! Love Eoin and Jill and the rest of the cast. They need to move it back to the summer.

16. shauna says:

Not too happy this aired early. This was to come back for the summer. I missed the whole season.

17. Becky says:

Thank god, one of the best new shows around.

18. Becky says:

Good!!! Love the show

19. Linda says:

Thank you NBC for making the best decision of the year. Night Shift captured me from the first episode!

20. Mollieme says:

Tank you NBC. One of the best shows this season.

21. sharon taylor says:

Thank goodness…they finally did something right renewing Night Shift…..

22. C. G. says:

sad to hear that “about a boy” has been cancelled. I thought it was a sweet show with a cute premise!
    Scary to think what kind of junk will no doubt be stuck in it’s place!

• Rebecca Snyder says:

Thank you for the Night Shift renewal.  One of the only shows that I really love to watch.  If not for this show and the NCIS’s, I would sell my TV

• Julia Ontano says:

I agree. They cancel the good shows and then we have to put up with “junk” just like you said. This was a very nice show, some episodes were hilarious and Minnie Driver was great. Actually they were all great!. Shame on NBC.

23. Susan says:

Absolute LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! Can’t wait for season 3!!!! I Love it more than grey’s anatomy!!!! Jordan and tc forever!!!

24. gerald says:

This is a great show! Happy it is being renewed. Great acting and story lines.
    Hope they continue with Drew and Rick, both great actors. This is frosting on the cake.!

25. Juan V. says:

Thank You Night Shift is a wonderful awesome show!!! Being a San Antonio native it makes me proud to our city lights in the back drops!!!

26. Karen says:

I just finished watching Season 2 and am very happy to see that Night Shift is coming back for a third season. Thank you NBC!!

27. Vaughn says:

I think that Season 2 was way better than season one. The were a lot of tearful moments and I really connected with all of the characters. I love medical drama and this one fits snug right in there with the lot of them. So definitely looking forward to season 3

• Renee says:

Definitely agree! Due to the extension to 14 episodes we were able to connect more with the show because we had so much more time to get involved! Hopefully S3 is a longer season again!

28. when will it be back on

29. Renee says:

Thank goodness The Night Shift is renewed for Season 3 as this is my Thursday after school tradition! Love the plotlines, love the characters but I most of all love the actors! THANK YOU NBC!

30. Lauren says:

Thank God I LOVE this show! Season 1 episode 1 I was like: “This is my show!” and now it’s coming back for season 3!

31. Night Shift is a great shoe. The 2nd season is much better then the 1st.

32. Linda says:

I’m very happy it got renewed, love how they show actual medical situations even though some things may not be right on the money, but it is after all just for entertainment. This is the one & only TV show I looked forward to watching. Most shows now are reality show if you can really call them that. I got my own problems don’t need to see anyone else’s that’s the reason for TV entertainment to take you away from your own problems even for just an hour. Love this show!!

33. Kristine says:

When does season three of the night shift start

34. Amanda says:

I NEED to know when this show is coming back on! Love it!!!

35. MLS says:

It’s September 2015. Is the Night Shift coming back on? Love that show

36. Dolores says:

I was very disappointed to learn that About A Boy was cancelled. Why do all the good ones get the axe. This was a fun show and very different from the usual run.

37. Rick Dettling says:

I love night shift thanks for bring it back for season 3 I think it great

38. Love this show and all the people who are in Night Shift. It’s different and amazing. We’re glad it has been renewed! Thanks NBC for realizing what a terrific show you have and the family in it. Please don’t start killing people off like in BONES.

39. Deb says:

So is night shift coming back on this fall?

40. I love this show and was SO happy when it got picked up for a 3rd season. The characters are ones you fall in love with and cant wait to see again and again the next week. Wish we could find out when it comes back on!

41. I love watching the TV shows that have everything to do with doctors/ER!! The more the merrier. Just wish some TV stations would bring back “Behind the scenes of ________ ER”, miss watching them.

42. Courtney says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! The night Shift. Can’t get enough of it! So excited for future seasons!

43. Abel Garcia says:

The calendar says it is Sept, 2015

44. Becky maples says:

So when does nightshift start back for the fall season thought it was September but guess not anybody know?

45. cassandra says:

When is this show coming back on I love this show please tell me come back

46. Nicole Gilbert says:

When will the night shift return? I love it

47. Julia Ontano says:

I’m really upset that they cancelled “About a Boy” !!!! iT was very well written and the acting was really good! Minnie Driver was excellent. Is there a chance they put it back on??? I hate when they leave the fans just “hanging”. How about some closure???

48. WILLIAM says:

Ok NBC, as littel t.v. as I watch compared to internet music, I speak for how many countless out there who look for shows as Night Shift, Constantine, and related well written/directed, that don’t meet what Robert Blake warned in late 80s Merv Griffin, shows were headed toward of POCKET BOOK producers. THEY HAVE LITTLE/NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE MAKING.

We who live in the highly astute world of daily matters from mandating self to USE THE BRAIN, have the insatiable want for entertainment voiding incompetent production of writing/directing. Use well know examples as Ridley Scott, Peter Jackson, James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas to name some greats. Disgusting when we wonder why a budget was wasted.

I have watched Night Shift from the start and never stupid/boring. Constantine was the same and I left my Hotmail open to others of Constantine passion to let me know they have incredibly missed what Matt Ryan was giving us, in Occult/hidden world, Hollywood version of comic character hunting down sorted evil. A BIG MISTAKE NBC TAKING CONSTANTINE OFF. I would be ashamed in the name of broadcasting popular shows. Namaste’