About a Boy Cancelled at NBC

About a Boy Cancelled

Oh, Boy.

NBC has cancelled Jason Katims’ About a Boy after two seasons, TVLine has learned.

The network’s decision to pass on a Season 3 comes as no surprise. The series has been in jeopardy since NBC trimmed its episode order from 22 to 20 in January.

1. thisismenow says:

I’m not sure what I will do with all the free time the networks are giving me. :( All my favorite shows are just meeting their maker left and right.

2. Isaac says:

A real lose, but i saw it coming

3. Brock says:

Poor form. GEAT show. Awful timeslots. They could have rebuilt Thursday nights.

4. It’s a massacre at Nothing But Cancellations, lol.

5. AddieM says:

Now for The Mystries of Laura

6. Jami says:

Really?!?!?!?…Now they have gone too far! Well NBC I no longer have any reason to tune in to your station. Thank you for freeing up my Tuesday evenings! Looks like I will only be watching ABC from now on.

7. Jim says:

Hope they at least air the unseen episodes

8. Erika says:

No more NBC comedy shows.NBC Sucks

9. Ben says:

Aw too bad. I really liked this show. What will happen to the unaired Season 2 episodes?

10. Schatzi49 says:

Just another reason to boycott NBC. If they cancel Grimm and Undateable, I’m through with them completely.

11. Susan says:

I love this show. I thought it was very different than other comedy show, the comedy wasn’t in your face and was very quirky. NBC keeps on showing us that this network has no taste. Good thing I like CBS and ABC.

• Katie says:

I agree!! This show definitely had me laughing out loud on regularly with just enough sentiment, drama and hilarious references. BRING IT BACK!!

12. Mr. Tran K says:

About a Boy had high hopes to survive in its rookie season but it wasn’t good enough for the series to make it through ’til the very end. Can’t believe NBC pull the plug on both Marry Me and About a Boy. Where does NBC go from here if they’re going to find a breakout sitcom out of the gate at least for the next five to ten years?

13. MR says:

I loved this show. Now both of Jason’s shows are gone.

14. martine211 says:

I loved the show: light, funny, and so enjoyable. What a bummer! Will the remaining episodes of season two air anytime soon?

15. lori says:

Aww, too bad. Funny show.

16. javadude54 says:

Sigh… I knew the hammer was going to fall but it still hurts to hear it. I loved that show.

17. wendy kalthoff says:

Really wish it ended with wIll and Fiona together

18. Ninoska says:

Wow. NBC had been furiously announcing today the fate of all the shows network

19. wmkabala says:

wow two crappy show cancled by nbc

20. Marilyn says:

Sad, as they really fritzed around with time slots and the writing really fell off. But, the main characters were really good and the they just made the other characters idiots.

• ws says:

Awwww. So bummed!! Just binge watched the first two seasons on Netflix this past weekend. Really enjoyed the show. Was looking forward to season 3. Such a weird end point. :-( Next time-I’ll check before picking up a partial series on Netflix. Very disappointing.

21. WayneAdneyC says:

There is, I mean, was something there with this show it just didn’t or was simply off, even when you watched it felt that maybe it was the direction or the script could have been written better, like most shows are being lately including the ones that are perfect and are still renewed. I think for NBC it’s time to bring in a fresh camp of producers, creative idea seekers, directors or whatever it takes and that goes for ABC, too. FOX and CBS are sorta the in-between-ers in the safe zone with being able to weed out the weak ones due to their small crop of rating juggernauts like NCIS, Big Bang Theory (CBS) and Empire, American Idol (FOX).

22. KayCeeCee says:

Are they going to show the unaired episodes?

23. Georgia says:

Sad about this news. Enjoyed this sitcom. IMO it’s much better than some of their other sitcoms. It’s like the NBC motto is: Easy come, easy go.

24. Dan says:

Michael and Matt, what about the many episodes already produced and never aired? Summer barbecue?

25. Joey Padron says:

sad news. will miss the show, it was good, funny, and sweet. hope they’ll air the unair episodes soon.

26. TV Gord says:

Oh well, so much for having an occasional Braverman or two showing up. I hope they stay in business with Jason Katims. I like his style.

27. Bill says:

First season was great; this season was just ordinary. Not surprised. I hope Walton finds something else – I like his comedic sense.

28. Maxsmom says:

the following, forever, battle creek, the mccarthys, and now about a boy. I watch too much tv.

29. Carla Krae says:

Crap. At least air the remaining episodes they filmed! Poor Marcus…..

30. diane says:

Shame, I liked this show.

31. Alice says:

I liked Season 1, but Season 2 sucked and the boy’s puberty was starting to kick in.

32. Dr. M says:

You’d figure they should actually air some episodes before cancelling it. It’s been on the MIA channel most of the season.

33. J Radzik says:

My favorite show. Total bummer.

Where are the last few episodes

Damn

34. lechatnoir says:

One of the exec is pissed off. Too many shows are gone . This is no bueno.

35. Stephanie says:

Sorry to hear that About a Boy is being cancelled. I absolutely love the movie that the show is based off of. It’s one of the few good sitcoms out there. Love the cast and the plots. Minnie Driver is great. I’ve enjoyed seeing the characters develop too. Will miss the show.

36. Michelle Nagle says:

Loved this show, best one out in a long time… good clean fun, with a few twists… loved the quirky… refreshing…

37. Peggy says:

I really wished that yhey would bring back about a boy I really loved that show I have watched it from the first day that it aired and I really looked forgot to it every week

38. Paula says:

Every time I finally find a show I like …. they cancel it. Need to start watching another channel.

39. Joan Wall says:

Bring this show back…it’s one a very few entertaining and not offensive show out there.

40. Ceejay says:

Please bring it back. This is a fresh new show with a different twist. bring it back!

41. Peggy says:

I wish they would bring back about a boy I loved that show I couldn’t wait to watch it

42. Liz says:

I’m just watching this show on Netflix and it is excellent. I’m very surprised at just how good it is, and how much I enjoy it. It seems like anything decent gets destroyed by network tv. Shame.

43. KG says:

So not happy to hear an other good show was not given a chance

44. Mary Fontaine says:

I just discovered this show on Netflix and absolutely LOVE it! I will never understand why programs like this get canceled in favor of ridiculous, mindless reality shows and sitcoms. This story has heart. I don’t want it to end!

45. Susan Sayers says:

I have really had it with all these networks coming out with great shows, and getting people to tune in and watch them, then just when u decide u like the damn show, they go and cancell it on you!

46. Lizzie Stern says:

This show has relationships, and maybe has some morality which doesn’t fit with nbc. NBC – figure it out. Find some shows that stick, shows that a family can watch together because yes, that’s what they should be doing. We can sit on
    Every electrical device now… And damnit… If that’s gonna happen. It should be in front Of endearing and genuinally good television. Come on….. Hopefully another station will be smart and pick this show up as has happened to many other shows in the past couple of years, that the old school trio have passed , or skipped out on. Old
    School
    Trip… How you doin lately ?

47. Another pretty good show cancelled? Why do they keep the garbage and cancel the good shows??

48. James says:

About a boy was a great show, it’s a shame it was canceled. It was well written, great acting and it had an innocence to it that was endearing. Minnie Driver, Al Madrigal and the rest of the cast fit perfectly. Did anyone see that the co-producers of the show were Robert DeNiro and Jon Favreau? NBC is whack, I don’t watch it at all, I only did for AAB. Hey NBC… See ya!

49. Cheryl Reid says:

Certainly one of my favorite shows. I am just sad.This show was fun and had class with great actors. Why can’t a show be different. I loved ‘The Firm’ and they canned that after one season.

50. G58 says:

I can’t believe they cancelled. They finally put a really good show on and then cancel it. Really bad decision on nbc’s part. Nothing else to watch on that network now. Too bad!!