Supernatural First Look: [Spoiler]'s Funeral, Dean on the Rampage

If you needed three Kleenex to get through this week’s Supernatural, well, the following photos from next Wednesday’s episode (The CW, 9/8c) may require you to go back to the box.

Dean and Sam may look stoic as they give their fallen friend Charlie (played by Felicia Day) — sniff, sniff — a proper hunter’s funeral, but the death is clearly hitting them hard, especially Dean, who goes after the Stynes with everything he’s got. But it might not be enough.

Meanwhile, Sam and Cas still haven’t given up on their plan to rid Dean of the Mark of Cain.

Check out the gallery below — or click here for a direct link — then hit the comments with your thoughts on Charlie’s untimely demise.

1. “clearly getting them hard” HITTING them hard. HITTING them hard! lol

2. alistaircrane says:

Why did they kill off Charlie? :-/ What a huge mistake!

• rowan77 says:

Perhaps Felicia Day wants to move on, feeling the character is played out. Maybe the writers feel that they’re just going over familiar ground with her. Maybe they needed to raise the emotional stakes for Dean, since they can’t kill Sam or Cas when they’re regulars and already signed on to next season.

Let’s just see how this plays out. Remember, dead on Supernatural doesn’t mean you can’t be in future episodes.

• 1) Parallels. Dean’s mistake resulted in Kevin’s death. Sam’s mistake resulted in Charlie’s death.
      2) Because they kill everybody except Sam & Dean. And God has to personally bring Cas back or he’d already be dead. *there may be some bitterness here*

• ? says:

Why can’t Cas bring Charlie back? He’s full angel again and yeah, he doesn’t have wings anymore but other than that he should be able to do everything angels used to be able to, right? At least if they don’t burn her body, that is . . . which they’re clearly doing in those photos . . .

• ninamags says:

He’s not at full power, actually. Someone on another site pointed out his wings were all broken and without a lot of the feathers. Incomplete, bare, whatever you call it.

• Just PassingThrough says:

Well, if you recall season 9, all the fallen angels showed wings that looked like that, yet still were at full tanks of angel-mojo

• One of many… The last few episodes have had questions at commercial breaks & other times you knew the answers to once the show got renewed… They should have had the big ending this season, & then a Charlie spinoff (Good by whatever name, Bad by the same, or both… In Oz or anywhere) next year & on!

3. Khaatim Boyd says:

No overall review for last night’s episode?! I’m very surprised. I thought there would be so much more.

4. Drew says:

I am glad that Charlie is gone. She never fit in on the show anyway. And the Stynes are cool (finally a more human/monster villain to face! Hopefully they are the focus of next season, but there is also the risk of them becoming too Leviathan-y with their political power, etc.).
    That said… The way Charlie was written off, I have problems with. First of all, if they needed her in a position to die, they should have just had her working in the motel the whole time. Her leaving the protected place was stupid.
    Second, it was a total Buffy ripoff. I hate to have to point that out, because Supernatural is not the type of show that normally rips off other ideas, but they just recreated Jenny Calendar’s death. They might as well have had her save the translation to a floppy disk and drop if next to her desk. On top of that, we had the witch turned into a hamster and the whole thing just felt like a very Buffy ripoff.
    But then again, a fanfic-y death is kinda fitting for a character that always seemed like a fanfic character anyway.

• Drew says:

But I wanted to ask (and I will here, since there is no recap), does it seem like the Mark is effecting Sam more than it is Dean? Is part of the curse about having brothers working against each other? Sam is so obsessive about this, insisting that Dean is getting worse every day, but Sam is the one who is getting more aggressive, and it got Charlie killed. Dean seems more in control than Sam does.

• pl says:

In a recent episode wasn’t there a good and bad Charlie? Perhaps the evil Charlie was coaxed out again by Rowena to help her with deciphering the codex. And Rowena will hold her survival as blackmail for Rowena to escape with all the power?

• 49erFaithFulSexy#7 says:

Actually, I don’t think Sam is been affected by the Mark in any way. Its Called Desperate Times , Calls for Desperate Measures! Yeah, Sam is doing some pretty stupid decisions, that’s all. Sam wants Dean cured ASAP. Sam has Charlie killed, he made Cass lie to Dean, and not to mention that Sam is still hidding from Dean that he is working with Rowena. Hence, Sam is just making quick decisions as he moves along.

• Drew says:

Yeah, but they’re all driven by his desperation over the Mark. I’m not saying it’s manipulating him the way it is Dean, but it is definitely a factor in his losing it this season.

• S says:

That’s pretty harsh. And I think you mean to say “I didn’t feel she fit on the show”….as your opinion is not truth

5. rose derer dickerson says:

Not prepared for Charlie’s death. I am in shock. I loved her charactor. She was the best. Hopefully she will be around like Bobby. I will miss her. Farewell my friend.

6. ninamags says:

Charlie’s death was unexpected but it left me feeling sort of, meh.

Everybody in the Winchesters’ world dies. It sucks and frankly it’s getting old. Those useless characters that should have been gone ages ago, are still around to bring to a halt the more interesting storylines.

Think of something else, Carver.

7. Robby says:

I knew that Charlie’s time was coming, sooner or later.

RIP Charlie, may your Heaven be filled with LARPING, A Death Star and infinate supply of clones of Scarlett Johanson, Halle Berry and Dorthy (lets face it these two were in love).

8. Tom says:

Well that seals it, I’m never watching Supernatural now. First Alona Tal’s character, now Felicia Day’s.

• Drew says:

They should bring Jo back. I don’t even care how they do it. They can just pretend that she never died and never mention it again and I would accept it.

9. jr says:

Why Charlie I loved her, she was an awesome addition to the cast.

10. 49erFaithFulSexy#7 says:

Wow, I must say that Charlie’s death did catch me by surprise. Just when I was finally enjoying her character in the last episode she was in, she dies. But I do like where the show is moving on to the Styne Family. I think it will create more depth to the show by adding this New Type of Monster Family including Mary Shelly and Frankenstein Family. And I’am looking forward as to how the Book of the Damed will affect Dean, since the book is out there, Calling for Dean.

11. Marge says:

Charlie was special. Her death has tainted Sam and tipped Dean into a murderous rage that may push him to a point of no return. …. Why did she have to go this way? I’m mad….DON’T TOUCH ME…….
    I can’t wait until the next episode. Please don’t let Charlie’s death be in vain.

12. v1 says:

WHY WHY WHY!!!!! I miss Charlie sooo much.

13. Filme says:

A serial exceptional pity that in my country are no longer running.

14. K says:

Hate to admit this, but I’m sort of glad Charlie is dead. This does not mean the actess is bad, she’s great. It’s just that the writers took a quirky, delightful, computer hacker and tried to make her the female version of a Winchester. C’mon, seriously? So in months, on a whim, Charlie is equal in “hunting” to Dean and Sam? This was pushed even farther when “evil” Charlie fights almost equally with Dean, who has the curse mark no less. Since when did Charlie fight like Neo from the Matrix?
    And don’t get me started with the silly “Oz” storyline…ugh. A computer that runs on magic? Lol.
    If Charlie had lived the writers would have been forced to provide continually to making Charlie seem interesting…what next, Archangel Charlie? If the writers stumble across this idea, please…no.
    Let Charlie RIP.