Fall TV Preview

An Early Empire, Supergirl's 'Super' Launch, Sleepy/X-Files Combo and More 2015-16 Schedule Predictions

Though the broadcast TV Upfronts are only a few short days away, and a myriad of cancellations are expected before week’s end, we’ve strapped on our network executive helmets and proposed potential primetime fixes.

An earlier Empire, a super set-up for Supergirl and an X-Files launching pad for a rejiggered Sleepy Hollow are among our scheduling predictions for the 2015-2016 broadcast season.

Browse through our gallery for all 10 educated guesses (Where is Castle?!), then head to Comments and share your own predictions for CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC and The CW.

1. I’m gonna get Gus Gorman to start cooking up some Kryptonite to kill this show with before it even airs :P

2. MrMank says:

I think calling Heroes a promising lead-in to The Blacklist is generous. You have to hope that viewers forget what a confusing and frustrating show that was.

3. Gilded Lady says:

I agree that Reign seems destined to become a summer series. My other guess for the CW is that The 100 gets pushed to mid-season.

4. HeatherC says:

As long as Night Shift comes back for a third season, I don’t care where it airs on NBC’s schedule because I’ll be watching it anyway. I love that show and I’ve got my fingers crossed that it gets renewed for S3!! =)

5. Mr. Tran K says:

Really hope that NBC is doing their best to shake up its Thursday night line-up next season. My bold prediction: 8 p.m. – Heroes: Reborn. 9 p.m. – The Blacklist. 10 p.m. – Chicago Med.

6. Ally says:

If Mysteries of Laura can get a break then Forever n Battle Creek can too…just do shuffling

• Fred says:

Battle Creek is CBS lowest rated in season drama ever and Forever is ABC’s lowest rated scripted show. Networks never renew their lowest rated shows, they need to make room for new shows

7. Boiler says:

Looks like networks doing their best to get rid of older viewers. Too bad since we watch live

• Fred says:

That’s exactly why advertisers value them less. Over half of people over 50 regularly watch network tv in primetime compared to just 20% of people between 18-34. It’s the younger viewers who are not watching network tv because they know how to stream. I was just explaining Hulu to my mother a couple weeks ago, almost everyone I know of under 30 binge watches but everyone I know over 50 doesn’t even know how to watch shows time delayed.

8. Phil says:

Those ideas are all … really good, actually.

I feel bad for The Middle and Castle, two shows who have survived seven and six seasons in the same timeslot – so rare these days – having to move – but it’s probably for the best.

I think Empire will stay at 9pm. I think it would be like Lost where no show benefited airing after because everyone was still talking/tweeting/writing about Lost. At 8pm, people might (probably not) be getting ready to watch Empire, so they might be caught up. But they won’t be there after.

9. Please says:

Yes, please to pairing Sleepy Hollow and X-Files! It’s a no-brainer!

10. Jill says:

An X-Files/Sleepy Hollow block will become “must see TV” in my house. I remember back in the day when every Friday night was “must see TV” when X-Files was on….before it was moved and went to hell in a handbasket.

11. Fred says:

24 was more poplar than Heroes yet it’s revival only got modest ratings. A lot of fans abandoned the show towards the end and most have moved on to other shows at this point. I imagine Heroes will just take a big drop once TBBT moves back to Thursday

12. ToyCannon says:

I was hoping for a “Nashville” prediction.

13. Morgan says:

While I’m happy for Sleepy Hollow, it didn’t just fall off the map ratings-wise. The old showrunner turned it into a soap opera about the Crane family – something nobody wanted or asked for – and sidelined the female lead actress and two supporting characters for the sole purpose of fulfilling this agenda. Now that it has new writers and a new showrunner, it has a chance to thrive again.