Fall TV Preview

ABC's Once Upon a Time Renewed for Season 5

Once Upon a Time Renewed Season 5

Just days before its Season 4 finale, Once Upon a Time has emerged as the first scripted ABC series to be officially renewed for the 2015-16 TV season.

Once co-creator Adam Horowitz revealed the news on Thursday night, via Twitter:

ABC’s only other move thus far this spring on any of its current series was the cancellation of Revenge, which wraps its four-season run on Sunday at 10/9c. (A February How to Get Away With Murder promo said the freshman hit would be back for Season 2, which of course is a foregone conclusion, but ABC has yet to officially announce anything.)

Once Upon a Time‘s season finale, the two-part “Operation Mongoose,” airs Sunday at 8 pm.

1. Caroline says:

Great news! And I approve of your choice of photo! LOVING the Captain Swan!

2. First renewal for ABC. Floodgates are open, let’s see where Castle lands :D

3. Mr. Tran K says:

About time ABC got one return series so far. Hope the network can add several returning series to the renewal block.

4. Michelle says:

Yay!!!

5. Kendall says:

Great news love once upon a time :)

6. Gail says:

That’s great. I was not impressed with the descriptions of ABC’s new shows in another article.

7. Casey says:

Pretty much a foregone conclusion. Like the Captain Swan Cobra pic you chose! ;)

8. Kathryn says:

Such amazing news! So happy we’ll have another wonderful year of OUAT. I can’t wait for more incredible storytelling from Horowitz & Kitsis, as well as more Captain Swan, Outlaw Queen, Rumbelle (hopefully) & Snowing! Maybe a little Sleeping Warrior, too? Best news of the week.

• cora says:

Yes! This has made my day and I agree with you. And it’s been a great week! This just makes it the best!

9. Anna says:

My favorite show has been renewed!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I’m so happy to hear this news. I’m also grateful because this means we’ll get more Captain Swan, Snowing, Rumbelle & Outlaw Queen next season. Bless the TV gods!

10. kirads09 says:

Kinda no brainer Since ABC is owned by Disney and OUAT is basically one long huge Disney advert for them in sense (not putting it down – good show) .

11. rachelle says:

Thank goodness! I was kinda nervous.

12. Val says:

Good news.

More magic, hope, love…

And the main four couple…. and my very favourite – Emma/Hook #CaptainSwan <3

13. Lyly Jaimez says:

Great news!! Excellent choice on picture tbqh! YAY #OUAT #CaptainSwan

14. Joey says:

Henry’s face in that picture says it all for me.

15. iHeart says:

well this was a no brainer. I hate it when ABC waits til the season finale period to renew their stuff

• Sarah says:

Me too! it always caused me so much nervousness, the show not being officially renewed until a few days before the season finale, especially with a show as griping as Once Upon A Time.

16. Liza says:

Yes! Not a surprise, but always great to get the confirmation. I look forward to many more stories about Hook and Emma… and those other characters (well I look forward to some stories about the other characters, but mostly I only give a care about Hook and Emma ;) )

17. abz says:

Amazing news, not that I’m surprised. It was definitely going to get renewed. I still LOVE this show, flaws and all, and would love to see it go on for several more years. So many more characters I want to see them tackle and put their twists on and of course more stories to tell for the main characters. This summer hiatus is gonna suck!

18. Lizzie says:

Yay! So excited to continue sharing Emma and Hooks story. Love the show. Love the cast. congratulations to everyone involved :)

19. Sammy says:

I’m loving captain swan too but I’m afraid that things are about to shake up with them in a major major major way either in the finale or in season 5. I can’t wait to see what they have for the 100th episode.

20. MastersM says:

Not a surprise, but congratulations to cast and crew. Here’s hoping it won’t take long now for them announce any potential changes in main cast for season 5.

21. Lily says:

Adam is a bit late to the game, Josh “confirmed” S5 a while ago.

22. Buttercup says:

So glad OUAT was renewed! And that’s an adorable picture of Hook and Emma. : )

23. Verity says:

YESSSSSS!!!!! LOVE this show!

24. MTB says:

WHY! It’s hard to watch anymore.

25. Sarah says:

Congratulations on your Renewal, Once Upon A Time! And Thank you sooo much for telling, us, TV Line! I was getting nervous, as I do every year. Not that I can help it, Once Upon A Time is the only currently-airing show that I watch. And I love it very, very much.
    The most important thing for Once Upon A Time is that it does end with a happy and proper series finale. I believe that only the Once Upon A Time creators have the right of telling us when the show will end. I wish that Once Upon A Time(nor any TV show) did not have to be put up for a renewal every year, and end only when the creators decide to end it.
    Anyway, This is the great news that I have been waiting for! The show has done so much for me, it has taught me valuable life lessons!
    Again, Congratulations and thank you! Season Five is going to be great!

26. Sam bulhan says:

NOW this is worth a wait

27. Stacey says:

LOL! Just look at Henry’s face! But YAY I AM A CREEPY OBSESSIVE FANGIRL!!!! captain swan is life SO glad it’s renewed

28. MadBiker says:

Love the programe, Glad ABC is doing a 5th series, Regina rules more of the beautiful Lady

29. Priscilla says:

I’m soon excited to hear that!! I absolutely love the spin of our old childhood story’s. Keep me on my toes…thanks can’t wait until the next season comes out

30. Darlene says:

Awesome! Best show ever!!! We’re huge Regina fans, please give her the happy ending she deserves!

31. Dj Echo says:

I’m so excited about Once Upon A Time season 5 it’s my fav show

32. cat says:

only on season 2 at the moment and its already getting too far fetched and complicated, think this is another crazy American series like lost that gets more and more convoluted and confusing and then just ends with no explanation or logic, wont be watching this anymore :(

33. Laurie says:

Keep Once upon a time going!