Arrow: Flash to the Rescue, Oliver's Return to Starling City ... and Felicity?

If you’re wondering how Team Arrow is going to escape their Nanda Parbat prison cell, the following first look at next Wednesday’s season finale (The CW, 8/7c) reveals the quick-moving answer.

(Oh, hi, Barry Allen! Finally someone shows up in Nanda Parbat who we can convincingly believe got there that quickly!)

Elsewhere, Al Sah-him Oliver faces off with Ra’s and makes his way back home to his most beloved girls: his sister Thea and Felicity. But when he reunites with the latter, he’s not alone. In fact, things look almost downright friendly between Oliver and his new bride.

Click through the gallery (and watch an extended trailer) for a sneak peek, then hit the comments with your predictions for the season ender.

1. herman1959 says:

Yesss, The Flash to he rescue and he brought The Atom ( A.T.O.M.?) with him. Please tell me the flashback is of Oliver FINALLY leaving for home.

2. Georgia Madman says:

Nyssa and Oliver could have some fun at Felicity’s expense. But Felicity is now the CEO of Palmer Industry so she could have fun at oliver’s expense.

• Lex says:

“Nyssa and Oliver could have some fun at Felicity’s expense” sounds very mean-spirited, and it’s without motivation. Felicity as CEO, on the other hand… Oliver needs a job, doesn’t he? And Felicity needs an EA she can trust.

3. Daniel says:

Team Arrow happy, these pics are giving me something to look forward to.

I think the last time we saw Oliver smile was at Diggs wedding

4. E says:

Super excited! They look surprisingly happy in a lot of these photos, is something finally going right?

5. Ellie says:

So excited to see Oliver reunited with Thea and Felicity. Hopefully, forgiveness from Diggle will come to, but David was fantastic at showing Diggle’s justifiable rage at Oliver endangering his family. I think we will see a very different Oliver going forward and all the angst, heart break and sacrifice will be worth it. I’m looking forward to some great Team Arrow and Olicity in Season 4. Green Arrow ftw!

6. Harvey says:

So wait, on Flash, Oliver is going to Central City, but then how is the last episode of Arrow continuing with the next arrow episode with the flash in it too? Oliver leaves in middle of everyone here getting killed to go to Central city? Well maybe, that’s not thing big thing, I am loving it! The next episode of Flash and Arrow seems like going to be awesome!
    Though, I would actually like a flash vs Ra’s confrontation, something to show how Flash can’t defeat Ra’s, otherwise it wouldn’t be understandable why Flash just doesn’t go and tie Ra’s up.

• Chris says:

I think the next episode of flash is supposed to take place after the arrow season finale, I believe one of the flash episodes was delayed and this caused the time line problems

• herman1959 says:

Exactly.

• Nina says:

That doesn’t make sense. If the flash episode is supposed to happen after the arrow episode, the flash episodes getting delayed would mean that flash episode would still happen after the arrow episode.

• Dee says:

Yes, you are correct. I think that Oliver going to Central City is the way he tells Barry that Arrow team might be in trouble at Nanda Parbat. Perhaps he tells Ra’s that he can get The Flash to help the League or something. I have no idea but can’t wait to find out!

• Nicky says:

They’ve messed up with the episode airings. Next week, we’re waiting for ep. 22 of the Flash while it’s the finale of Arrow. If it wasn’t for an extra break of the Flash, then both shows would end in the same week. In another words, what we’ll see next week on the Flash has in reality happened one day BEFORE the ep. of Arrow we saw this Wednesday. Imagine the Flash’s timeline being eight days behind compared to Arrow. Same with the ep. where Ray and Felicity went to CC.

7. scott21 says:

This season was a mess compared to last season :( it was my favorite show but the writers made me hate every character except Laurel…

• Georgia Madman says:

Funny I love every character but Laurel (although Laurel the lawyer is good). Wonder how Captain Lance comes back into the fold.

• Georgia Madman says:

Laurel as BC looks like she belongs in “Fifty Shades of Gray” instead of Arrow.

• Lex says:

Laurel the Lawyer is awesome and plays best to Katie’s talents – the sassy, “I’m awesome and you’re going down!” comebacks where she just turned someone’s argument in knots are really her strengths – it calls back to sassing the Winchester brothers on Supernatural. Why couldn’t the producers watch a couple seasons of Law & Order and expand the courtroom scenes?

• Daniel says:

So you liked Laurels Alcoholic arc from season 2 but you weren’t a fan of her BC ascension arc this season?

• Lex says:

I don’t think anyone enjoyed Laurel’s alcoholic arc, and the BC “ascension” was so terrible it was embarrassing. Why couldn’t Nyssa train her before the confrontation with Brick? Her skills would then have a plausible explanation, and she would have earned the right to put on the BC mask instead of grabbing it one day and spending the next several episodes acting like a third-rate version of her sister. Also, did anyone else notice that Laurel-as-BC hasn’t existed long enough for the Black Canary to establish itself, so Cisco was really geeking out over Sara’s reputation? They were a great comedic pair together, but there was some more “riding Sara’s coattails” involved.

8. GildedRose says:

Looking forward to the next episode. There’s been a ton of great interaction between characters — friendly or not — that have really made the show fun. It’s been an absolutely dream to see Oliver, Diggle and Felicity all interacting again, acting as a team, showing that friendship. I’ve missed as much as I’ve missed seeing Felicity and Diggle out in the field and in on the action like they used to be in Season 1 and 2. I’m looking forward to a lot more for Oliver and Felicity, Oliver and Diggle, and hoping for lots more Malcolm/Felicity, Thea/Felicity, and hoping we haven’t seen the last of poor Tatsu either.

• Lex says:

This is what I’m wanting. Aside from angsty romance (which was terrible until both Oliver and Felicity realized time was of the essence and stopped being morons), I miss seeing Original Team Arrow’s dynamics as friends and a team. Diggle’s confrontation with Oliver was perfect, as have been recent Diggle/Felicity interactions, because the groundwork for both questioning and challenging each other and caring for and relying on each other has been laid so carefully. Even when angry, you know how much Diggle loves Oliver because of the betrayal he feels. Other relationships have felt thrown together because “character x needs screen time; let’s put them in a scene with character y, even though their relationship hasn’t been established enough to justify the interaction!” There is so much back-and-forth potential between Felicity and Malcolm, because unlike the “always fighting because they’re secretly in love” trope, Felicity genuinely doesn’t like Malcolm, and he’s just too smarmy to care. And Tatsu? I want Tatsu and Nyssa to have their own badass lady spin-off.

9. dana says:

I can’t wait to see the finale… but i i won’t too because 5 months without Arrow. I can’t wait to see the finale and team arrow and olicity

10. Blue says:

Just give me Laurel/Nyssa and Olicity and I’ll be happy!

Also please bring Nyssa back in season 4!!! She could become Oliver’s new side kick, since Roy will be gone.

• Daniel says:

No I want Katana instead since Laurel will probably still be on the show next season….they can’t have four female superhero.

• Blue says:

Why not, lol? I’m all for more female heroes! Sara was awesome as BC and Laurel is slowly getting there. Now we have Thea, Nyssa and Katana to add even more awesomeness to Team Arrow, so yay \o/

11. kath says:

I don’t think either Diggle or Felicity should trust Oliver again. He got Barry to save them but he didn’t trust them and he wouldn’t let them int on the plan. There’s no going back from that
    Oliver calls Diggle and Felicity his partners but he treats them like employees. Once the Ra;s threat is done, I hope they kick Oliver out of the new lair and off the team.

• Robert says:

I wouldn’t say Barry saves them, in fact, I’d say it’s Malcolm that saves them. They’re very clearly alive and well before Barry even gets there thanks to Malcolm’s trickery. Sure, Barry gets them out of the prison, but he definitely doesn’t save their lives.

• brenna says:

Oliver is trying to protect them and the city. Just like when the team was trying to protect Oliver and didn’t tell him about the plan with Roy. They should all not keep secrets, but it’s a show and they have to have character growth. I love that they always come back together.

• Sam says:

Oliver did what he needed to do. Get over it.

• Lex says:

This is definitely something they’ll need to work through. Oliver needs to prove he’s no longer the I in Team and stop making unilateral decisions, but the relationships between Original Team Arrow are too strong to just end, though there will definitely be some adjustment and necessary evolution in season 4.

• Dee says:

NOT going to happen–the show is the Arrow! Felicity is in love with him. Even angry, people who love each other forgive each other.

• Amandalyn says:

Thank you. This. So much this. And Oliver choosing to put Diggle’s wife and child at risk…no, thank you. Felicity chose not to go initially and wasn’t going to help him. She should have had that choice. Oliver, though, sent Tatsu to talk her into it under false pretenses, and IMO, that’s just wrong.

Work with him. But please, for the love of heaven, don’t trust him.

• Dee says:

Obviously, taking Lyla was wrong but it was Oliver and not AL Sa-him so he was never going to hurt her. He needed to prove loyalty to Ra’s to gain his trust (if that is possible when dealing with the devil). When Felicity said to Tatsu that she was right and she should have listened to her proves that felicity knows she should have fought for Oliver. MG said that why he didn’t tell Diggle and Felicity his plan would be answered in 3.23. Don’t forget to set DVR’s 2 minutes and 33 seconds longer for the season finale.

• kath says:

Thanks for the reminder about the show running long next week.

When Felicity told Tatsu that she should have fought harder for Oliver, she didn’t know that Oliver had a plan and had recruited Malcolm Merlyn to help him but didn’t tell Diggle or Felicity herself. If I were Felicity, I would be really pissed off to learn that he trusted Malcolm with the secret but not me.

• Dee says:

You’re welcome.
            Me too, but I hope that is answered in the season finale. I am sure felicity will give oliver a piece of her mind.

12. Ketty says:

Would love to see Thea in the Arsenal disguise!!

13. Robert says:

I love the way Oliver roars at Ra’s in the end, his voice is so commanding you can actually see Ra’s flinch ever so slightly.

14. Joey Padron says:

extended trailer looks good. glad the team is alive and Barry is coming to here them. can’t wait to watch season finale next week!

15. kate says:

I’m glad the cw reaction to come on they aren’t dead when you show the preview which focuses more on all the supporting cast is basically saying we just answer that in the cold open. I suspect we might hear Barry has been helping more than just now. Like was probably the baby sitter for the ten minutes between when Lyla was kidnapped and Diggle and Felicity got back.

16. amelia says:

OH NA NA WHATS MY NAME??

17. Charles Harvard says:

It would be great to see Oliver and Felicity actually have a romantic relationship that last more than a half- day.

18. Briggs says:

What am I excited for? To see if we finally get to witness how Ray puts on his suit! LOL Kidding, can’t wait to see everything unfold.

19. GirlvsTV says:

I honestly got a little emotional seeing those pics of people actually smiling. This season has been such a downer, the one reason I’m still hanging on is the hope that Oliver and Felicity will finally be happy together. I also hope Nyssa gets to run her father through with a sword and we never have to hear about the LOA ever again.

• andyrwx says:

Well in the comics Nyssa actually kills Ra’s al Ghul so it would’nt be a surprise if when Ollie yells at Ra’s, Nyssa would impale her father!

20. Kate says:

So looking forward to Oliver and Felicity getting more than a few moments of happiness. Really looking forward to their reunion, and I hope a less angsty relationship in Season 4. Also looking forward to Diggle punching Oliver, LOL! I do hope the bonds of the Original Team Arrow members don’t get too frayed by Oliver’s recent decisions not to include them in the planning.

21. Ashley says:

Last night’s episode was very good (except for the wedding) & I’m really excited for the finale! I know it will be hard to fix what’s broken between Oliver & Diggle, but things are looking good for Oliver/Felicity…finally! And Thea will get her brother back. Loved so many things about the latest episode: Malcolm & Felicity’s scenes, Maseo vs. Tatsu (so sad), Katana, the looks between Felicity and Oliver, especially when he told her he was marrying Nyssa…the look on Felicity’s face was devastating, Emily was fantastic. Oliver & Diggle broke my heart, but I’m sure they’ll repair their relationship in S4. Although Malcolm is definitely secretly helping them, I don’t trust the guy, ultimately. I think the theories about him being tied to S4’s villain will end up being correct.

22. Trish says:

Is it me, or didn’t Arrow promise no more crossovers for the rest of the year after midseason? We’ve had a number of crossovers since midseason. I’m not a big Flash fan and I still think having Barry Allen coming to the rescue takes away from Oliver digging himself out, as a hero, of the mess that has become a slew of just bad choices that had a chain reaction. Now, I like Barry. But this is why Arrow should have stayed grounded and left the powers on the Flash. P.S – I adored Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity in the previous episode and look forward to seeing the fallout of Oliver and Diggle’s rift.

• Dee says:

I think by crcrossover they mean team goes to one city and then other team goes to the other cityback to back. These are just considered guest starring roles.

23. Sam says:

It’s nice to see people smiling again! I really hope season 4 isn’t as depressing as this season. I know a lot of things needed to happen but starting off by killing Sara just set the tone and made it so hard and angsty. Please let it be lighter next year!!

24. Clcmjd says:

So thrilled to have Barry Allen working with Team Arrow. And really looking forward to new dynamic in Diggle/Oliver & Felicity/Oliver relationships

25. Lex says:

Okay, I know Oliver has a difficult time keeping it in his pants, but PLEASE don’t give him a magical penis that turns lesbians into straight girls who want to bang him?

26. Eo says:

At :41 seconds, standing beside Diggle and the dead guy, there is someone suited up in red with a quiver and bow. Speedy makes her debut!

27. Amber says:

A scene with Oliver/Felicity/Diggle/Nyssa/Malcolm?! Throw in Thea, bring back Roy and its perfect! Excited to see how Team Arrow comes back together! Can’t wait for more Olicity!

28. Amber says:

Really excited for this episode. Team Arrow with Nyssa and Malcolm is going to be good. Looking forward to more Oliver and Felicity! Olicity!

29. Amellyn Vang says:

Aww, yay!! Oliver is back home with his loved ones! Though things are going to be awkward and in need of patching up, hope We get good Olicity scenes.

30. Ella says:

I really want to keep watching because I love so many of the characters (and once the storylines of the show) but the lack of care, respect and screentime for Laurel aka Black Canary is making it really hard. Even this post pissed me off, she’s been completely sidelined and I miss her interactions with Oliver, romantic or otherwise. Really excited to see Barry back though, always love his scenes with Felicity.

31. Helen Clay says:

Have not liked this seasons as much as the previous.did not like olivers
    New role. Prefer to see him in starling city saving people and being a
    Part of his family.also cannot stand how laurels father has turned into
    Such a jack-ass.

32. Tom says:

Am I the only one that thinks the Canary Cry is horrible?

33. Luis says:

Prediction — Oliver saves the city, but finds Team Arrow broken by his betrayals and finds himself alone again, just as the H.I.V.E. is ready to pounce.

• andyrwx says:

Oh well HIVE would be Damien Dhark. But i dont think he is meant to interact with Arrow or Team Arrow for that matter. Of course there are hints he will. Just as Damien Dhark seems to be Felicity’s dad. I suppose we shall see!