The Originals First Look: Claire Holt Returns for Final Battle With Dahlia

Claire Holt The Originals

No, Originals fans, your eyes weren’t playing tricks on you during the promo for Monday’s season finale (The CW, 8/7c): Claire Holt is indeed returning to the fold.

The one true Rebekah Mikaelson — not that Maisie Richardson-Sellers isn’t doing an bang-up job — makes her first appearance of 2015 next week, but if The CW’s just-released photo is any indication, it won’t be a pleasant visit.

Behold, the first shot of Holt-bekah alongside Klaus and Elijah:

Claire Holt The Originals

And no, that’s not snow. (The finale is called “Ashes to Ashes,” remember?!)

Your thoughts on Holt’s return? Hopes for the season finale? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

1. hello says:

Dammit, she is going to die

2. AddieM says:

Will Claire be staying because I was really loving the new Rebecca.

• Daisy says:

Spoiler if you haven’t seen last night’s episode…

I’m pretty sure the ‘new’ Rebecca is dead hence the return of ‘original’ Rebecca (though dead people do seem to come back a lot on this show). I like the new Rebecca as well.

• AddieM says:

I had not seen the episode when I posted..i’m all caught up now..I hope she comes back to life somehow.

• ummm NO-Claire IS REBEKAH

3. D. says:

best news ever, hope she stays alive.

4. Riana says:

I think they’d kill Marcel before killing Rebekah. I still don’t think that he’ll make it out of the finale alive.

5. B says:

Not a Klaus fans so I never checked this out. I know the character has been recast, anyone want to fill me in on how it all works?

• onelastemperor says:

Do you remember how Maddox and Greta put Klaus inside Alarick’s body in season 2? And how Esther put herself in Rebekah’s body in season 3? And how Bonnie put Klaus in Tyler’s body in season 3/4? So it’s basically the same thing, Rebekah’s spirit possesed the body of a witch, and now the witch is dead, so Sexy Bex is back in action)

6. I’m sorry to say that I think Claire Holt’s Rebekah will be daggered

7. maria says:

Glad she’s back, hope she stays

8. JC says:

As a huge Rebekah fan I am disappointed that she’s back since I know she is just going to leave again.

9. RBA says:

I am rooting for Aeryn Sun…. I mean Dahlia to take down those MiKaelson kids..

10. ChrisGa says:

Always love seeing Claire Holt but the actress playing Rebekah now has been nothing short of excellent.

11. Nicole says:

I am going to be so livid if they kill off Rebekah!

12. dude says:

I’m so happy to see the only Rebekah I’m willing to accept back. I know she’s just going to end up daggered though which sucks but any time I get to see Claire Holt killing it on TV, I’m happy.

• Nate says:

Exactly! The witch version was great but the original Rebekah is still my favorite and I’m super pumped she is back. I swear if they kill her off then I will stop watching the show

• Richard Young says:

is no none aware that the second female sibling is asleep and in danger.

13. Stern des Südens says:

Yessssssssss! So excited to see Claire Holt back. I really hope they’re not going to kill Rebekah off though.Maisie Richardson-Sellers is doing an awesome job. I would rather keep her as Rebekah in Eva’s body than not have Rebekah at all.

14. Nate says:

Rebekah is still the baddest original of all. I’m pumped she’s back in her original body! Can’t wait for the next episode

15. The Watcher says:

It’s interesting how all the talk in this thread is regarding Claire Holt’s “Non-Return” return. Just goes to show that Rebekah is kinda a big deal. (Shocker)

But really, Not one mention of Klaus’s Crazy-Plan (The Multiple Deaths/Tortures Inflicted (at least appearance wise) just to Take Down “Auntie Cray-Cray” once and for all?

I’d almost expect time-travel to rear it’s head soon, if they hadn’t spent the past several weeks hitting us over the head with the Davina gaining the power to Resurrect the DEAD Clu-Bat.

16. Julian says:

My only question is if Davina accomplish her mission to bring back Kol, who is going to come back as him? Daniel Sharman just landed a lead role in a pilot and Nathaniel Buzolic announced that he’s going to appear on another CW series

17. Viviana says:

Not that I didn’t love the new Rebecca, Maisie (she was awesome) but I really wish Claire Holt would stay permanently as Rebecca.

18. MTB says:

She better not die. I love the “Original” Rebekah. See what I did there?

19. Stephanie W says:

cant wait to see the original Rebekah Mikaelson she is so missed

20. Chris says:

I didn’t mind Rebekah being gone at the beginning of the season, but I did like her new body. If Claire Holt doesn’t want to be on The Originals anymore, I hope the fan doesn’t hold it against the creative team. They had to do what they have to do.

21. Margaret Scott says:

I hope Ms. Holt will return to the series for good

22. Vampire fan says:

We all love Claire Holt as Rebekah. I don’t think they will kill her off because it will hurt the show. However, Claire holt is Staying on the series Aquarius and she will star in the Originals. Maisie also does a wonderful job as Claire.

23. jack says:

Yes! Claire is back!!!

24. zed says:

Yes! So great to see original Rebekah and Claire Holt should stay! And bring Nate back as Kol and let’s have THE Original family kick some ass!!!
    Crossovers next season with TVD!!!

25. Bobi Rabiu says:

Nah mane I can’t wait for the finale episode,the end of dahlia

26. KK says:

Brilliant season! Klaus’ character is perfect in every way. He is a villain, he’s soooo bad — yet we love it; we cheer him on. It’s perfect! I am so excited to see Claire Holt return as Rebekah. The other actress was great but in the end, there’s just no replacing Claire. I hope she stays this time! Glad to see Hayley put down but not killed. I was definitely Team Klaus on that one….but weren’t we all, in some little way? Love Cami but PLEASE stop making her play shrink. She’s a bartender in college studying psychology. She’s nowhere near qualified enough to analyze people “professionally” so stop. Please? It’s just silly. Surely there’s another way to weave in her human character…?

27. Kk says:

P.S. Now that Nina Dobrev’s exit on TVD is official, PLEASE end the show and bring Stephen and Damon to The Originals!! But leave Caroline behind. She went from annoying (season 1) to awesome (once she became a vampire) and back to annoying again. Nothing against the actress though. She’s great! Btw: she’s a better fit with Enzo, than Stephen.

28. Steve says:

I hope Claire Holt is back for good. No disrespect or criticism to Maisie, but an Oriiginal in a mortal human body ? – Not very awesome is it ?, & Claire has been VERY awesome in her time in the part. Also – I reckon if Claire isn’t back for good; & either Jospeh Morgan or Daniel Gillies were to decide to quit as well – I reckon that would be the end of the show.

Re the Koll question – I feel the same way about that situation as the Rebekka set-up. Again an Original in a mortal body ? Kinda defeats the purpose of the character.
    I hope that if Koll does come back then he’s played by Nathaniel. Again no disrespect or critricism to Daniel – but when he was brought in to play the part the writers seem to have given the character a personality transplant at the same time. I mean, Koll showing kindness, or caring about other people’s feelings or concerns ? No, what we fans & the series need is the original (No pun intended) arrogant, cruel, selfish, border-line pyscho Koll back, as brilliantly played by Nathaniel.

29. Kristina says:

Always excited to see Claire Holt back on this show! I’m a little nervous about what it means for Rebekah though, as I’m sure she (unfortunately) isn’t staying and they just killed off the other actress that was playing her (which was a shame, she was doing a great job).

30. Melissa says:

The actress isn’t going to stay, so it takes much of the wonder out of what will happen. She’ll obviously get daggered so that they can explain her absence–she’s simply tucked away in a box until later. I wish they chose a different method of switching her back to her original body because killing off the new Rebekah just means no more Rebekah. The new one was doing a fine job and it’s silly to get rid of her unless Claire changes her mind and plans on staying; don’t hold your breath.

31. Ajz says:

Love Claire and so happy she’s back! It’s bittersweet though because I love Masie too.

32. sara says:

Please not Claire Holt. One of the worst actresses I have ever had the displeasure of watching

33. matt says:

please kill Rebekah

34. Michael says:

I want Rebekah dead

35. Eve says:

The new Rebekah is good, but i still prefer the old Rebekah though. The new one is sortof vulnerable.

36. polltaker says:

They can’t kill off the original family or that would be the end of the show since after all it is called “The Originals”.