Once Upon a Time Finale Sneak Peek: Heroic Regina Battles Evil Snow White

Loading video...

Snow White gets a chance to embrace her inner Evil Queen on Sunday’s Once Upon a Time season finale (ABC, 8/7c) — and she’s loving every minute of it.

In this sneak peek at the two-hour fanfic-gone-horribly wrong, a fur-vested Regina gets more than she bargains for when she targets the carriage of the wicked, remorseless Snow White. (Even writing about this feels wrong!)

Stranger still, Evil Snow is accompanied by Evil Charming, with whom she shares no romantic connection. In fact, she seems to have also adopted Regina’s baggage during the swap… including the dead lover.

Seriously, after watching Snow scoop a fireball out of thin air, you might never look at the dwarf whisperer the same way ever again.

Hit PLAY on the preview clip above, then drop a comment with your finale predictions: How do you want Season 4 to end?

1. Lns says:

Ginny looks great!!!
    Go Snow

• Abby says:

I predict Neal will come back because Gold has isacc doing what ever he wants to happen in his life.

• zumpie says:

Then it will be MiniBagel, not Big Boy Bagel..because Goldemorte already stated he doesn’t consider Neal to be his son, just the cute, cuddly little kid he didn’t bother to follow through the portal. Plus Dylan Schmid lives in BC, MRJ doesn’t and the show doesn’t have the budget to conceal his arrivals and departures

2. Lyss says:

Ginny is having so much fun with this role reversal you can tell. And she is rocking it!

3. Cas says:

While I can get on board for this for an episode or two I am not sure I can go a whole season like this. So hopefully it will wrap up.

4. Lysh says:

Ginny’s hair giving me so much life. This looks like it’ll be a fun episode.

5. Lily says:

OMG…. I love Snow Black!!!!! Ginny must have truly enjoyed yuckin’ it up, for the camera.

Snow White = the Evil Queen
    Prince Charming = the Huntsman
    Prince James = Daniel
    Regina = bandit Snow White
    Robin Hood = Prince Charming
    Zelena = Princess Abigail
    Rumplestiltskin = a brave knight (possibly the Savior)
    Belle = herself
    Hook = himself
    Emma = possible a pirate/the Black Swan

6. Kate says:

Well, that was fun. James was kind of the rat bastard of the twins, you have to wonder if David is actually more sort of in Graham’s role here because maybe Isaac got himself a little confused, especially since he was posing as James for quite awhile.

It makes me wonder, then, who are Emma and Henry to everyone here? I get from the previews that Emma is all in black and trapped somewhere and arguably would be the new Dark One (and maybe more dangerous because she probably was born that way) but if James died at about the same point that Daniel did, no kid. Or are her and Henry kind of out of it because neither are actually really in the story, but Isaac trapped Emma somewhere and gave her the darkness that Lily has so she was out of the way, but he couldn’t actually account for Henry at all because he wasn’t actually born in this world of story books at all, he was conceived and born in the real world.

7. Shelby says:

This looks so incredibly bad.

• Boiler says:

Guess you don’t need to watch!. Ginny always looks great but I personally not a fan of the hair

• Lily says:

I love Ginny’s hair, but hate Josh’s guyliner…. unlike Colin, Josh’s eyeshape cannot pull of that look.

• Zelda says:

To be honest I often find it clownish, over the top on Hook too. I’m not sure why anyone would think putting this much makeup on a guy is really necessary, I wish the OUAT makeup people would go easy on it.

• Lily says:

I get what you are saying, and agree with it to a point.

Hook’s guyliner is actually functional, and not just a style choice to portray him as the bad boy rockstar. He is a pirate and spend most of his life at sea, the guyliner keeps the sun out of his eyes.

8. Dean says:

Alternate realities, yup Once has solidified its self as a SciFi show.

9. Larc says:

I wonder if the “big shoes” Henry will have to fill will be those of the author when the latter is replaced because of his skullduggery with Rumple. It could be interesting for Henry to become the author secretly with all the others thinking somebody else is.

10. Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Everyone say goodbye to rude “Dave” (and his other screen names).

11. msemmyjones says:

So…does anyone else feel like this alternate reality switch kind of misses the point a little bit? I thought the villains wanted happy endings as they are now. That Regina and Hook and even Gold are working towards being better people and deserve recognition for that. Not a total rewrite of the story so they’re all completely different people. This rewrite doesn’t give them that. Instead, we’re still operating under the assumption that only heroes deserve happy endings.

• Lily says:

From what I understand, this is Rumplestiltskin’s ultimate fantasy in which he is the brave hero.

• msemmyjones says:

Ah, okay. I guess that makes a little more sense.

• A says:

I agree that’s the premise, but in a way I’m confused. I thought that what Rumplestiltskin wanted was (in order): keeping his power without being in thrall to the dagger; winning back Belle; making Baelfire proud of him. How is Rumple becoming a brave knight satisfying the power part?

12. This looks like tons of fun. Why couldn’t the writers have made the two hour finale as the whole back half of the season? That would have been a hoot.

13. Bella says:

Awesome sneak peek. Bandit Regina vs. Evil Snow is a cool twist and I can’t wait to see how Robin figures into the story too.

14. Amber says:

Okay, Joshua Dallas rocking the guyliner there and the mussed up hair, digging that. But I also hope this doesn’t last a full season because that would just be ridiculous.

15. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

This looks really good can’t wait to see the finale…….is this episode 2hrs?

16. AlpineAnderson says:

Looking like a very fun episode. Heroes are villains are heroes! The Dark Side of Snow.
    And who is The Dark One is the alternate reality?

17. robandco says:

I’m having very mixed feelings from this. On one hand I am so incredibly on board with that twist. But on the other hand, I am not buying any of the good guys playing bad guys. They overdid it with the makeup and the acting looks really over the top. I hope this is a one-or-two-episodes thing because I don’t think I’ll be able to sit through 12 episodes of this next season. I hope it is good.

18. Ali says:

Ha! Great work, Matt! Down goes Dave!

19. nerdrage says:

Poor Snow, that hairdo is far from flattering. Makes her look a bit, uh…butch?

20. Shalandara Dawn says:

Just wondering… what would happen if the “new” book was destroyed? by, oh I dk, a fire or magic? and WHY does the Author have to be the one to write everything? Can’t anyone else write stuff with that magic quill & blood-injected ink? They never explained that. Ginny playing evil looks hilarious to me! I too am hoping it only lasts for the finale. The twists look to be: Snow being Evil Queen, Regina being good, Emma growing up like Regina did or as a bandit in the EF (and ultimately being chained inside a tower by Evil Snow for whatever evil she may become), Hook being neutral (he still has his hook so there MUST have been a Dark One or something to keep that happening), Rumple being a knight in shining armor who is married to Belle, Zelena getting married to Robin (I saw that photo), Charming being the new Huntsman (controlled by his heart like in the promo), and Henry being one of the two people who cannot be affected by the book (the Author is the other unless Henry changes that). Henry may ultimately take the reins and become the new Author to fix all of these crazy shenanigans.
    Oh and the authors have already stated that there WILL be “hot” kisses (I’m wondering if it’ll be both Evil Snow w/ Huntsman Charming & Captain Swan), Emma’s point of view of Hook being used for around half of an episode (at LEAST), AND a character death. Ladies & Gents, the writers will ALWAYS be known as the ultimate teasing group… Let us hope that the finale does not disappoint!

• Shalandara Dawn says:

Oh, and the “used” thing was meant as in her kind of using monologue throughout each scene from thoughts inside her head.

21. Dwayne says:

Looking forward to seeing this concept play out in a finale but don’t think I could handle more than 2 episodes of this. I can’t buy Ginnifer Goodwin as evil. She looks great but the evil smirk and the voice doesn’t work for her. Love her as (good) Snow White, though.

22. TQ says:

I can’t wait for the finale! This alternative universe is a creative way of mixing things up for this show and Lana Parrilla is amazing as bandit Regina in the scene above. I’m looking forward to see how the tables being turned like that will affect other stories/relationships as they go along in the story.

23. Yolanda Goddard says:

Oh my gosh, i never knew Once Upon A Time existed until last month, watched the entire four seasons that have been aired up until today.

My thoughts:-
    I take my hat off the the writers, editors, scene creators, artists, camera men, special effects teams and everyone involved. To me this show has been magical, entertaining, gripping, suspenseful, full of fantastic actors and actresses and imaginative script writing.
    Ive enjoyed all of it. Ive loved looking further into the lives of story charcters.
    Everything is in this, everyone should be proud of their efforts especially the special effects teams.
    Rumplestiltskin makes you revile him but you also get pulled in to liking him and feeling for him then being reviled again, i would liked to have seen more about August’s life and a happy ending for him … To have a family – that would be interesting.
    What happened to baby Neal?
    I wish Mary Margaret would grow her hair as she looks so as Snow pretty with long hair and curls.

What happens to Sydney?
    I would like the dwarfs to have some happy endings … And actually i kind of feel sorry for zelena, maybe some forgiveness in an alternate world with her and Regina working things out …
    I hoped that Regina would get the author to rewrite her life and have have the curse from the potion reversed so that she is the one pregnant instead of Zelena, and happy with Robin Hood.
    I like hook in this, and i like his guy liner.
    I think a couple of episodes with the switched roles of the villians but then return it back … But i think the villians that have turned good, should get happy endings for a time.

I loved Elsa in this, and the Ice Queen, awesome.

Loved seeing loveable actors cast … How’s Tiny doing? Does he get a happy ending? What about Tinkerbell? Cant she be matched up? Will there be a Tom Thumb?

Is the little Match Girl going to show up? Does Red Riding Hood get a new happy ending with a boyfriend she doesnt kill?

I think Henry should be turned into a Prince .. He is getting older, he will need new ideas thought out for a growing teenager …

What about Aladin and Jasmine? So many possibilities, i dont doubt the writers coming up with more imaginative material. Perhaps branch out from snow white and prince charming … Such as focusing closely on characters in other realms who become just as meaningful on same paralel.

I have loved all the dual characters, fascinating. I was totally thrown by Peter Pan but loved it.

What happened to the Mad Hatter ? And his daughter? I would like to see him more and his hat spinning magic,
    Would like to have seen a white rabbit too…
    How nany characters are left to be portrayed? Its all brilliant :)

24. Yolanda Goddard says:

Are we going to see an Aslan too and a magic carpet? :) lol so many possibilities