Ratings: Mike & Molly Slips to Series Low, Gotham Rises With Finale

CBS’ 2 Broke Girls this Monday drew 6.5 million viewers and a 1.6 demo rating, flat week-to-week. Leading out of that, Mike & Molly (6.7 mil/1.5) slipped 7 percent and two tenths, hitting a series low in the demo. (Both of the sitcoms are already renewed, so….)

Closing the Eye’s night, leading out of an old Bang, the 90-minute David Letterman tribute special did 8.1 mil and a 1.5, winning the 10 o’clock hour in the demo.

Elsewhere….

FOX | The already renewed Gotham‘s finale drew 4.9 mil and a 1.7, rising 6 percent and two tenths week-to-week. The Following (3.3 mil/1.1) dropped a handful of eyeballs and a tenth in the demo.

THE CW | The Originals (1.1 mil/0.5) was flat; Jane (1 mil/0.5) ticked up.

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (12.2 mil/1.9) dipped to a season low, while the penultimate Castle (8.4 mil/1.4) inched up a tenth.

NBC | The Voice (9.7 mil/2.3) slipped three tenths to a series low for a Monday outing; The Night Shift (5.6 mil/1.3) rose 14 percent and a tenth.

1. lkk12 says:

Eventhough it gets good ratings for a CW show, jane the virgin is really good and deserves greater numbers

• A fan of TV says:

Its a patently ridiculous premise and a telenovela with patently ridiculous plot developments. Its over hyped.

• A fan of TV says:

To add: Gina is wonder full and so are many of her costars, but I think this show will launch them to bigger, better things which they deserve.

• Alyssa says:

I agree the show is over hyped. Jane is incredibly naieve and how she jumped to wanting to sole custody of the baby was ridiculous to me last week. I know a lot of people root for Jane but I don’t. She doesn’t deserve Michael or Raf in my opinion.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Not ready to say goodbye to Letterman just yet but I can’t wait for his Late Show farewell on May 20th. Wonder if Stephen Colbert is going to show up at the CBS’ upfront presentation next week to promote his new Late Show gig.

3. SPAMMER says:

SPAM DELETED #TVLineCares

4. wrstlgirl says:

Both Gotham and The Following delivered great eps last night.

5. Alyssa says:

I know a few folks said they would stop watching The Following because Joe died. But it was time for him to die. I hope this show gets renewed, even though I know it’s a long shot.

• wrstlgirl says:

I completely agree. I think it’s funny because at the end of season one people were mad because they didn’t kill Joe. You just can’t please them. Watching Ryan Hardy go cray cray with the help of visions of Joe taunting him last night was awesome, LOL!!! Don’t know about renewal either but I’m in for the ride until whatever happens.

• Nick says:

I thought it was time for Joe to die, but last night’s episode was the first all season I didn’t like.

• googly eyes says:

I agree. Last night’s episode had so many strands that it’s becoming a soap opera, and not a good one at that. Daisy and Mark were pointless, as were Eliza and the ridiculous murder party. Then there was Max’s bf and whatever that was about, and Ryan’s gf. Not to mention the guy who was asked to murder Theo’s family by a 10-year old! Really? They were trying way too hard.

• Alyssa says:

I agree. I did not like last night’s episode at all. I’m hoping next week is better.

• dman6015 says:

Based on last night’s episode, it would appear Joe is going to haunt Ryan for a while.

• Alyssa says:

I wish he wouldn’t. I’m tired of Joe and I wish they would stop with this. It just makes me roll my eyes.

6. Karl Le says:

i used to love Mike and Molly. CBS ruined this show by agreeing to by placing the show on hiatus to allow Melissa McCarthy to do movies.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Melissa McCarthy would have to juggle both Mike & Molly and her ongoing movie career depending on what the future holds on her sitcom not to mention that the funny lady is going to be starring in the upcoming female version of Ghostbusters along with Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones.

• dan says:

I’m sure CBS is renewing the show for as long as they don’t have to renegotiate Melissa’s contract. Once her contract is up they’ll probably cancel because it will be too costly to pay her and the others (Billy Gardel probably has a parity clause in his contract saying that they have to be paid the same amount or he gets a higher salary because he was “more” famous as a comedian when the show started). My guess is that next year will be the last for Mike & Molly.

• hud says:

One can only hope. Obese loud mouthed people are rarely funny. And I can find no reason to make exception for her. I’m a teacher, I’m a writer, what next? Join the police sure they would love to have you, you can ride around with Mickey…

• TV Gord says:

I believe the big problem was that when they brought the show back, they turned Molly into a zanier, wackier character to capitalize on Melissa’s movie characters, and they did it to the show’s detriment. The Molly quits her job and becomes a writer version overshadowed the rest of the cast when the show was working just fine with them as an ensemble.

• Kim R says:

I agree. I’ve loved Melissa since Gilmore Girls and am a fan of the sitcom as well but it is an ensemble. I hope they can get it back to that again in a more balance way.

7. kmw says:

Good for Gotham too bad The Following didn’t do better. Castle did fine but what has happened at CBS. Terrible night for their comedies

• Mr. Tran K says:

I have a feeling that Mike & Molly should get a proper “final season” next year depending on Melissa McCarthy’s contract not to mention if she’s planning to continue her work in the movie business. As for 2 Broke Girls, I’m not so sure if it goes beyond at least seven or eight seasons but the Kat Dennings-Beth Behrs sitcom has bigger fish to fry.

8. Boiler says:

You all picking on CBS seem to ignore that other networks are dropping rapidly too. I would hope networks are worried but doubt it

9. Kevin H. says:

I’m surprised the same day ratings for The Originals isn’t higher; it is SO DAMN GOOD right now. This season as a whole has been on another level. I hope Josh appears in the finale (and lives).

10. Karen says:

Because Mike and Molly and 2 Broke Girls suck balls. They only had good ratings bc of BBT. I have 9 2 Broke Girls on my DVR. Every time I turn one on, I think “damn, it’s gonna take too long to delete 9 episodes”.