Exclusive

New Girl Finale Video: Hear Winston's Uber-Crucial Voicemail for Cece

Forget, for a moment, that New Girl‘s Winston has a best friend who’s a cat. And that he’s terrible at pranks. And that he once spent an episode wearing a sweatshirt as pants.

All that oddness aside, you’ve got to admit: Dude is smooth on the phone.

RELATED May Sweeps/Finale Preview! Get 100+ Spoilers and Exclusive Photos From Your Fave Shows, Including New Girl

And that special talent comes in handy in Tuesday’s season finale (Fox, 9/8c), when Jess and Winston work frantically to let a lovelorn Cece know that Schmidt and Fawn are kaput. Cece is off climbing Mt. Shasta in a last-ditch bid to find herself, but that doesn’t keep the pair from leaving yet another voicemail for her.

Press PLAY on the exclusive clip above to watch the new cop put his old skills to use, then hit the comments: Is this the season that Schmidt and Cece will finally get it together?

1. Joey Padron says:

good clip. can’t wait to watch season finale!

2. Sarah T says:

I don’t get as excited about New Girl as I used to but that was pretty funny (seriously, they’ve underused Winston, aka Brown Lightening).

3. Julia says:

Love Winston!!

4. dr says:

LOVE WINSTON! CAN’T WAIT FOR SCHMECE <3

5. Shiloh says:

Haha gotta love Winnie. I hope they finally do for good. It’s been off and on again every season, I think. Still love this show. So happy it was renewed. Gonna miss Coach. Luckily, this show has a great cast of characters. Love them all. Though, Schmidt is probs my absolute fave. So, basically, funny clip and I’m totes rooting for Schmece. :)

6. A3rynSun76 says:

I’ve watched probably a disturbing number of shows with on again off again couples. Every single pairing has a timeline. I’ve seen couples miss the right deadline (Booth/Bones) and couples hit the mark (Castle/Beckett). Both of those couples suffered in one way or another, Castle got dry at times and Bones spent nearly a season pissing off its fanbase. New Girl doesn’t have a good case for keeping Schmidt and Cece apart anymore. Either they pony up and figure out how to write for a MFEO relationship or they get ready to be cancelled.
    P.S. I really don’t want this show to get cancelled. It’s funny and original. I hope the writers and producers figure out what they want to have happen. New Girl needs a game plan.

7. Ella says:

I will never understand how this crapfest is still on the air and Happy Endings was cancelled.