Ratings: ‎Blue Bloods Up With Finale; Beyond the Tank Bows Strong

Blue Bloods Season Finale

ABC’s Shark Tank this Friday drew 6.9 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating, slipping 14 percent and two tenths week-to-week.

Leading out of that, the Beyond the Tank spinoff premiere retained 6.3 mil and a 1.5, easily winning the 9 o’clock hour in the demo.

‎Elsewhere….

NBC | Grimm (4.2 mil/0.9) dipped a tenth.

CBS | Amazing Race (5.5 mil/1.0) ticked down, Hawaii Five-0 (8.5 mil/1.2) inched up and the Blue Bloods season (?) finale (11 mil/1.3) rose 10 percent and three tenths.

THE CW | Barber Battle (750K/0.3), Whose Line (740K/0.3) and Messengers (650K/0.2) all slipped in audience while flat in the demo.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Last night’s Hawaii Five-0 was truly emotional and a great performance by Grace Park. Really hope for a season 6 of H50 as the series is heading towards next week’s two hour season finale with the return of Catherine Rollins aka Michelle Borth.

2. thisismenow says:

Not surprise Grimm is down. This evil Juliet arc has been testing me. Turning a sweet character and pushing them to a point where they’ve crossed a line they can’t go back from was a bad choice. No matter how dark they wanted to make her, they shouldn’t have had her burn down the trailer.

3. I haven’t seen Messengers (I’m saving the episodes up to watch them later), but the plot intrigues me. That said, it clearly won’t make it, which is unfortunate.

• Bartimeus says:

It’s actually very good. Obviously it’s getting canceled (although I pray that somehow it gets at least a second season for next summee) but it’s good enough that it’s still appointment television, I fully intend to enjoy it whole it lasts. The second ep and last night were way better than the pilot but I really liked that one as well.

4. Kay says:

Friday at 8 is always a bad time spot but Grimm is pretty good right now! I know some people didn’t like Trubel on Grimm but with all the CRAZY that is going on now, I’m glad she’s back next week because I think Nick is going to need lots of help…..

5. Thanh says:

Not surpised Grimm has been down in ratings. I stopped watching after last week’s episode, when it became clear what the show has planned for both Adalind and Juliette’s storylines. I’m pissed that they’re making Juliette a bad guy now, while Adalind keeps getting these redemption moments.

Bad enough we suffered through the 2nd season, when Juliette had amnesia, was mean to Nick, and randomly uncontrollably attracted to Renard, for no apparent reason other than “a potion made me do it”. Oh, and Adalind had that stupid “getting her Hexenbiest back” storyline, that I pretty much fast-forwarded through.

Now, the writers are dipping back into the “a potion made me do it” excuse to make Juliette a Hexenbiest, and essentially forget who she is (by losing her humanity), again being mean to Nick, and again with the Renard thing (worse now, because she actually seems to have slept with him this time). Oh, and again, I hate the corresponding Adalind storyline. Having Adalind trick Nick into sleeping with her, was bad enough. Having Adalind be pregnant with Nick’s baby was so over-the-top stupid. Then that scene in the precinct where Nick, even grudgingly, touched Adalind’s baby bump, and then defend her against Juliette, was just the worst soap opera scene, that I still can’t believe I was watching Grimm.

Not only does this baby mama drama not belong on Grimm, but in addition to the the abrupt oh-so-convenient way Juliette became the bad guy now as well, has turned me off the show. I am so bummed that the writers have ruined the show so much so fast, with just the last few episodes. I can’t even bring myself to finish out the rest of this season.

• Lianne says:

It’s sickening what this show has become. I stopped watching too. Feels like it’s a spa opera, with terrible writing.

• GraceM says:

The writers don’t seem to want Nick and Juliette together and lately this show is starting to feel more like a soap opera.

I really hope the next season things start to calm down a little and be more like a regular show.

What happened to the keys and all that stuff related to them? I thought we were supposed to get more of that this season…..

6. Hodan says:

I love Adalind’s storyline so far. It is Juliette’s that is the problem. I would have enjoyed her story if I knew all the evil things she did would stick but I think the show would probably blame it on her hexenbiest.

7. Rok temu byłem w Turcji i tam na dachu każdy ma jedną lub więcej zwykłych metalowych beczek, które ogrzewają
    wodę, nie potrzebne im żadne tam solary.

8. GraceM says:

I loved how in the end Frank explained to the gang leader how he’s going to Federal prison and yes they do have the death penalty. Then how Frank will be there when he scheduled to die. The look on this guy’s face was priceless. Just desserts.

9. Boiler says:

Ah just what we need, 2 hours of the egomaniacs of Shark Tank

10. Paul says:

Why the season (?) mark for Blue Bloods? It averages 10 plus million viewers each week on a Friday night. If that alone doesn’t Warrenton renewal I don’t know what does.

• Truth says:

I really don’t understand how blue bloods pulls in 10 million an episode. The only explanation I can come up with is that most people use the show as a sleeping pill alternative.

11. Walter McCue says:

The Finest, most accurate show ever produced for television is Blue Bloods. I have never heard a negative comment about the show from anyone i have ever spoke to. Don’t cancel a winner.