Reality Check: Did Clark Beckham Give Away His American Idol Crown? Plus: Is The Voice Final 3 Set in Stone?

American Idol‘s Chosen One (TM) getting run over by the American Idol Sabotage Bus (TM pending)?!

It sounds unprecedented (and borderline unbelievable), but we may have witnessed that uncomfortable collision when Season 14’s perceived front-runner Clark Beckham clashed with Idol mentor Scott Borchetta and special guest Jay DeMarcus (of Rascal Flatts fame) on Wednesday’s episode.

On this week’s Reality Check — it’s another low-budget, unedited affair as we await the return of our trusty editor Jason Averett — my co-host Melinda Doolittle and I try to determine which of Clark’s rivals will most benefit from his meltdown: Nick Fradiani, Jax or Rayvon Owen. Plus, the question arises: Which finalist is positioning him- or herself as the most worthy winner?

Also up for discussion: The Voice‘s formerly wide-open eighth season suddenly looking like a three-horse race. Melinda and I dish the formidable trio of Sawyer Fredericks, Kimberly Nichole and Koryn Hawthorne — and try to figure out whether Meghan Linsey, Joshua Davis or India Carney have any shot at crashing the finale party.

Press PLAY below for the super-sized episode (apologizes for a little bit of audio hinkiness!) then hit the comments with your take on the week in reality singing competitions!

1. Greta says:

The Voice finale had 4 singers in it last season. Does anyone know if it’s the same this time?

• ZacheryD says:

Melinda really struggled with that Vulcan salute

• pl says:

Clark still has the most potential. Clark was my favorite and he sang first. Then I went to google and gave him my 20 votes. Since there was no more suspence, waiting to see if he was chosen, I switched back and forth between watching The Middle, The Goldbergs, and Supernatural. I therefore missed all the drama, and bet most of America did too. Later I youtubed Clark’s Your Man, and thought it was fine.

• marie says:

I hope it was fine and good enough for him to stay another week… Idk everyone is wanting nick to win now ugh he’s so overated we have enough of his kind already. I hope people voted for Clark. I wish nick would go home next

• Loretta, Fl. says:

I agree with you Marle. Nick’s looks are what’s keeping him on. He’s just average to me. Love Clark and thought his song was good…..I would like to see him win this!!!

• marie says:

Oh no! Someone else is using my name!

2. syzygy10 says:

Geez, I know your tech guy is away again this week, but can’t you guys do something about the sound? A better mic or whatever? This is almost unlistenable. And why does the video seem chopped up and cutting back and forth in the middle of sentences? I don’t expect the usual polish, but it seems like it doesn’t have to be as awful to watch as this. Sorry, I love you guys, but this is just needlessly horrible. I’ve made better quality videos with nothing but my phone.

• Kim R says:

This is funny because it’s true. :D We are left to interpret the rest of their sentences. I miss their tech guy. A lot. :)

• Joel says:

Yeah if this is the uncut edit. Your tech guy deserves ALL the money. What I think you heard was a lot of money but what I said was all the money you have.

• Jenny says:

I noticed that myself. At first I thought it was just a bad internet connection on my end. The cutting out in the middle of sentences was very distracting.

• Lloyd says:

Exactly. Their unedited episode was better last week. It had the sound issues, but the video wasn’t skipping. This one was pretty contaminated by tech difficulties.

• Denise says:

Job security for Jason. :)
      I am glad you posted about the choppiness, thought it was me at first.

• Sonia says:

Agreed!

• Rick says:

This was horrible. Don’t even bother without your tech guy.

3. LAPR says:

As a group the last 6 were very good, but neither of them was able to give us a Candice-Halley-Adam moment, for one reason or another. Among the last 4 vocally the best (Rayvon) is the most boring, and the most interesting (Jax) is the weakest.

• Ruth says:

I can’t wait for Jax to go home. Can’t understand half of what she is saying and she sounds like a cat screeching. Next I would like Nick follow her. Top 2 Ravon and Clark. With Clark winning the whole thing.

4. Janie says:

Michael, i like how you have American Idol on your tv in the background

• BG says:

Clark’s determination to sing the song his way, put me in mind of Barbra Streisand’s Fanny Brice sequence in Funny Girl.. Remember when Ziegfield demanded Fanny sing the bride’s song The Most Beautiful Girl the way he wanted too, and she knew better and sang the song her way with a pillow stuffed in her dress! Sometimes the artist’s know how they should sing a particular song.

5. Scott says:

I am missing the snips from the show. Come back Jason!!!

6. fullyCOOKed says:

The comparison to Chris Daughtry is stupid. Similar voice but that’s where the similarities end. Nicks got a nicer personality, not cocky, seems humble and grateful to be there and smiles all the time. Chris always looked pissed off. Not a fan of angry rocker attitude.

• Nan says:

ITA CD is the Vin Diesel of Rock.

• Tyler says:

I wouldn’t say their voices are similar. I think CD has a better voice. And there’s something fake about Nick whereas CD seemed more genuine.

• Mike says:

Agreed – I feel they are very different. Nick can be more of a heart-throb than Chris ever could be. Their voices and personalities are also very different. Chris is much more rock. Chris was also on the show years and years ago. Why compare those two?

• BRJ says:

I totally agree. Nick is one of the nicest, most grateful and gracious guys on AI.

• Amy says:

I’m a big Daughtry fan; I have room for Nick in his own niche in my mind. They may be both “Idol rock/guitar guys” but they are just different. I don’t look at Nick as D.2.0 at all.
        Nick’s from my hometown, and we just had hometown visit Friday…it was awesome to see all that unfold in your own town after watching it on tv for the better part of 14 yrs! Nick played with his original band “Beach Ave” and he seemed even more “in the pocket” with his own band, than on the show. The band is tight, & Nick’s voice sounded stronger than on Idol. Also, they did many of their original songs…and they were good! He/they didn’t make me think of Daughtry once, but rather just Nick & his band. He even did an original ballad where we heard him sing in a way we haven’t on Idol…really good, song & vocals. About 10-12k showed up on our town green.
        Last note…lots of behind the scenes insights to Idol. There were some retakes, made to seem “spontaneous.” There were a few mentions from Nick about wanting song clearences on the show he hasn’t gotten. For instance, you may see in his clips him do a “heartfelt” song to his mentor before presenting the “ticket to Hollywood” should he be in the finals…it was not the song he wanted to do, but one the “Idol execs” chose for him.
        All accounts are that he is a humble, grateful, down-to-earth guy. He was that way, and self-deprecatingly funny on stage.
        And in my observations this year…he has not put one bad foot forward on the show…also always important. He is a package, easily identifiable to market. And he’s good. I get that many here prefer the “artistes” to the wgwg’s (I liked Joey too!), but relatable band music such as he plays is what a lot of people love coming out to listen to, (hometown or not.)
        Clark is just as good looking (with less “hotness” perhaps)…but it’s not Nick’s looks keeping him here, as someone above said, imo.
        All that said…I’m elated we got the rare hometown visit I thought was a longshot at first. I’d like to see Nick be top 2, but as usual, not sure winning the crown will be the best thing…so hopefully everything just happens for the best.

7. Nan says:

There is little doubt in my mind that Clark is an all around bad idea as an Idol winner. His dead eyes render his soul music soulless. Jax’s charm wore off quickly. Rayvon [while being absolutely adorable] would be better off as a TV personality [Nick Cannon, Ryan Seacrest, Tom Bergeron etc.]. So, IMO Nick has the greatest potential as an Idol winner.

• Louann says:

Does anyone know why only the top 5 are touring this year? I have no interest in seeing them in concert without the people who were in the rest of the top 10. :-(

• Nan says:

Diminished interest, plus they can play smaller venues and have just as long of a concert while only paying for 5 singers rather than 10.

• Temperance says:

No Joey or Quentin really limits the appeal of a mixed artist concert this time around.

• Princess Adora says:

I might have said this on a previous week, and if I did I apologize, but in Clark’s defence, Carrie Underwood never seemed very emotionally connected to the songs she sang on AI. She had the dead-eye look as well. But in my opinion she’s improved her stage presence exponentially since winning. Maybe Clark’s eyes will come to life when he’s singing his own material.

• Temperance says:

Nick? No way. Zzzzzzzz. If not Clark, Jax – the others are a total non-starter in every way.

• Rip Tide says:

As far as music goes, this group has bowling alley bar written all over them by 2016-17. My advice for any of them is to take acting lessons, perhaps one of them will be fortunate enough to use the Idol launching pad to land a role or two in a made-for-TV movie on Lifetime or Hallmark.

• Nan says:

I think Rayvon has the charm and likability to be an MC [Carson Daley, Ryan Seacrest], the host of a kiddie show, one half of a buddy comedy pair [Starsky/Hutch], or the lead guy in a rom-com. I hope TPTB spot him.

• OMG Im not watching the show anymore because all of my favorites are gone, but I did watch reality check and then got very curious about what Michael and Melinda said about Clark and his comments to Scott and the singer for rascal flats! So I went to On Demand and watched that part. What a jerk! See I think Clark has a right to feel that way about his style and music choices, but to be so bold and obviously rude, on camera, and in front of both Scott and the other singer! I think this is getting to Clarks head! Like they said, “Live By The Sword”. WOW It takes a lot of nerve! Bye Bye Clark!

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

I also said on here he’s gone! He certainly isn’t going to win, that’s for sure! You have a nice way of describing the situation!

I challenged the resident blabber mouth to a sing off! Of course she is a coward!

I miss your comments on Idol blogs! Hope everything’s ok with you! Good to see you out here!

• Jill After I watch the voice I will reply there! But I will still watch reality check and probably the finale! But I wonder since they are only taking 5 on tour they must be broke! Are they going to fly the contestants back for the finale this year? I want to see Adanna, Daniel, Qaasim, Quentin. Every year its a tradition to bring back the whole group for the finale! Do you think they have changed that also? Due to the fact for the first year ever only the top 5 are touring?

• Jill Moy says:

Wouldn’t a SAVE-ON RAYVON AND JAX A$$ final be simply MAAAAAAAAAAAAVELOUS??????????????

The thought of that is truly hilarious!

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

I hope they are all back for the final! Well, we saw some Idol Journeys….FINALLY!

• Jill I didnt watch idol! Boring contestants but I saw on the board that Rayvon went home!

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

Also, this latest inccident opens the door for a JAX A$$ win! God I hope that desn’t happen! She is already the worst singer in Idol history to make it even close to this far! She isn’t good enough to sing at.
        a grammar school competition!

8. Ed Aasvik says:

Scott v. Clark: You both expressed why you think Clark screwed up, but I wish you had considered that Scott (and his disciple Jay) might have handled that disagreement very poorly. Bad management, awful people skill; and remember that Scott is looking for a salable commodity ($$$) and is not on anyone’s “side” but his own. Big Machine is aptly named. And the key of “Livin,” ? Did Scott and Jay give advice to Clark on that when there was time to change it? We don’t know do we? They might have failed in their mentoring there too.
    Remember to consider both sides folks, and remember there is a lot going on backstage that you (and we out here) don’t know. Best wishes.

• JP says:

Your comment about Scott and his disciple, Jay, is too funny. I would give them both an F for their mentoring skills and Scott his management skills, but did they truly want to help Clark? The entire thing looked staged and planned to me by Scott Borchetta. I’ve never seen anybody as rude as he is ever as a mentor on this show! If anything, this entire thing is going to backfire on American Idol and Scott Borchetta. People are NOT happy with how Clark was treated. Clark is a very sweet and courteous young man with impeccable character and Southern manners. For him to have reacted the way he did, he had to have been provoked. We did not see everything that was said or happened behind the scenes, and American Idol only showed what they wanted the public to see. Clark has had consistently great performances every single week from the very beginning, and no one has been able to compete with his talent. He should be the next American Idol, and I pray the voters will see through this manipulation and “smoke and mirrors” that Idol has once again pulled out to get the results they want. Shame on them is all I have to say. Scott Borchetta is calling the shots with the judges as his pawns right now, and it is just sickening! I don’t see how they sleep at night, but the music business is a dirty business, extremely political, and people will do anything when it comes to money. Even throw an extremely talented and decent young man under the bus!

• MAB says:

Thank you. You said exactly what I was saying but much more eloquently than I did. I hate what Idol does every year to whoever they feel does not fit their mold. The first time I took real notice was with Haley. I was so upset I did not watch the finale that year. After season 10 I became more aware of their manipulation and it sickens me. Season 12 was just the pits and this year is turning out to be a joke. First Quentin, now Clark.

• Holly says:

Totally agree with you! I won’t be watching Idol after this season (if it is still around!) And BTW, I thought Clark’s second performance was very sexy. Love his voice!

• kat says:

SHAME ON YOU A.I Judges and Scott B! CLARK is a true artist and you just want to create clones! So disappointed in this show. Grrr

• Tyler says:

I second that. Thank you, JP. You nailed it. The more I think about it, the more I think Clark will be better off not winning AI. Who would want to work with a scumbag like Scott?!

• Alan Dvorkis says:

The last attempts at manipulating did not end well for Idol, most relevantly, Phillip Phillips told them to screw. In fact, I do not believe any of their attempts at promoting or destroying has ended well. I do not think Clark looked bad. How is sticking to what you believe in bad? How can you sing your home run song with honest emotion, when it is not even your choice? I have perhaps commented a bit too often, but I hope that you are correct. I hope that people see through the sabotage attempt. I hope the public says screw you Idol and not only votes Clark to the win, but does it without watching. This once promising season has been ruined by judges that do not stick to their guns and a mentor that does nothing to help, unless it suits his needs and a producer that has no clue how to put together a solid, no frills show, that is about the music and not about J Lo and Harry.

• Mary says:

I don’t see it as throwing him under the bus. I see it as Clark is set in his ways and not interested in outside help. Clark has a nice voice but he is a lounge singer. He should follow in the steps that Harry does. No way will he become main stream, no matter who promotes him. He is a throwback, I saw it since the first week. If Clark win, it will be another nail in AI coffin. He probably will sell less than last years winner. Out of the four left, I don’t care who wins because quite frankly I don’t care for any of them, but I think Jax or maybe Nick might stand a shot.

• karenb says:

I remember the Phillip hate on this board at the time. The majority of people thought that he was 1) a terrible singer 2) a Dave Mathews rip-off and 3) that he would never sell. Now look how successful he is and he totally stayed true to himself. Now he’s suing management so he’s still standing up for himself. And Clark is doing that now. Go Clark

• MAB says:

I remember how cruel people on this board were so cruel to Phillip. A part of me will never forgive Michael for how terrible he was to Phillip because his special snowflake went home at top 5 and Phillip made it through when he thought Phillips performance was awful. Well where is his special snowflake now. I can’t even remember her name. I think it was Skylar something. Phillip never was interviewed by Michael and I wonder if Phillip read this blog and decided to skip it. I saw a tweet with Michael asking him for an interview while he was in NY but it never happened. i always wondered about that.

• Temperance says:

Yup. I laugh every single time someone mentions all the P2 hate. I hate to gloat and tell you ‘I told you so’ when I said P2 was amazing, but… wait, I don’t hate it: I gleefully adore it! I told you so!!!!! :D

• MAB says:

LOL, I remember when he was called a coffee house singer and could not play in a concert hall and were laughing at him. Last July I went to one of his concerts and I got tell you he was fantastic. He really knows how to get a crowd going. He is quite the entertainer. It’s what Phillip really loves to do the most.
            What a lot of people don’t realize is that he was quite ill while on Idol and had a huge operation on his kidneys as soon as Idol was over. Even when he went on the American Idol concert tour he was still recovering from the surgery.

• karenb says:

I saw Phillip in concert too. He was a total rocker. Who knew?!

• karenb says:

Oh-MAB-I seriously thought that I was the only one who ever wondered about The Missing Phillip Phillips Interview! Did not know about the tweet. Interesting.

• Totally different styles in music, though. His music appears on Top 40 and alternative stations. Clark’s music would not. It’s way too niche for Idol.

• chris says:

I think you have to consider what would make Scott openly attack a singer he had been quite high on. It seemed like he finally reached his limit on Clark’s refusal to take advice. He’s the expert and Clark’s the beginner. Not listening to the mentor’s advice is really stupid. Does this make Clark a bad person? No, but it does make him seem a little foolish.

• Erin says:

^Agree agree! I prefer Clark’s natural talent and artistry to that of Nick’s karaoke ability, but his refusal to take very experienced, expensive, valuable advice is foolish indeed. He reminds me of writers who refuse to have a word edited. The result is a work that is completely to the author’s satisfaction, but left unpublished. It. Must. Sell.

• kat says:

You are playing right into A.I’s hands. They only show you what they want you to see. They already know who they want to win and are steering you there. Clark is the only TRUE artist on the show and A.I can’t handle it. Jax and Nick? Oh please. Karaoke anyone?

• Aaron says:

Seriously? SB manages one of the biggest stars in the music business and is doing quite well. Regardless of what is happening that isn’t being shown, Clark needs to suck it up and be GRATEFUL for whatever advise he is receiving. REMEMBER – before this he was performing on the streets for a living. If Clark had all of the answers he wouldn’t need AI to have a career, but clearly that is not the case. So buck-up Clark and stop being a “know-it-all” – if you think you know more than a label head (that you would be working for) and an established professional musician, then I have the same advise for you that Harry had for that other do – LEAVE.

• Meme says:

I really felt that the video footage they aired only made it seem like Big Machine was done with Clark. It made Clark look stubborn and ungrateful, and he is neither of those things. What else was said and done, and why was this the best footage to show to the voters?

• BRJ says:

Probably because they had to deal with a stubborn MULE all season long. Clark is not interested in adjusting or taking advice and meeting Borshetta 50/50. The real world after AI is not like playing on street corners. Clark is ALL of those things.

• Jess says:

BRJ Scott even said “we have argued about this before” so I completely agree and think that Clark isn’t taking any of their advice and is stuck in his own mind that he is so great.

• kalyn says:

Exactly the video footage purposely made Clark look bad and Scott was insulting. He didn’t try to help him at all. He wants his faves at the top.

• Erin says:

I believe that they’ve tried to work very hard on Clark’s performance/emotional appeal and realize it is just not getting any better, as the feedback is every week. Scott said he doesn’t have years, only days/weeks so I guess they’re moving on. But to crumble what they were building this season, it had to be a full bus driven over Clark.

• Smokey says:

Looks like Borchetta is a big part of TPTB on the show now, getting edit’s however he wants them. – then the Judges all back him up with their comments. The show should be building momentum fast,, in viewers and voters at this point,,,,, but don’t know how those stats are looking.

9. Emily (aka poppetawoppet) says:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was hoping for the grand return of Scottybot this week! (B-b-b-BABBY lock dem doors)

Ok I will watch now

• Nan says:

Clark is so uptight and buttoned up that he changed the lyric to “Baby, lock the door”.

• Orl says:

He didn’t want to do what Scotty McCreery did 4 years ago with how he (Scotty) sang it in a low baritone voice. He wanted to sing it entirely different from its original country format. It sounded so soft rock -ish to me.

• Mary says:

Well he accomplished that too bad it was a terrible rendition. I don’t understand how this was his soul song. I took it that they were suppose to show the type of music they would like to put out. I never took Clark as a country guy. Who knew.

• Tyler says:

All right, Nan. We get it. You don’t like Clark. Move on.

• Erin says:

Well I’d be more receptive to “lock the door” than the gross “lock them doors” so for that alone, good move Clark.

• Orl says:

Michael, I loved you when you did your recaps on Entertainment Weekly years ago, but I like you now on TV Line and this venture. I saw it last year. I think Clark Beckham got too ahead of himself lashing after Scott Borchetta of his musical choices. And his take of Josh Turner sounded so 1980 soft rock, kind of Christopher Cross, Robbie Dupree and Kenny Loggins the way they did songs back then. Avoided anything country sounding in his performance. He put too much falsetto in that performance when he sang it.

10. MAB says:

I just poured my heart out in a post and it totally disappeared. I’ll try again with a shorter version. Clark is better off not winning with the attitude Scott has about him. The only one who has a chance of post Idol success with Scott is Jax. She fits the mold. Nick is a good singer but I find him to lack in creativity. Rayvon has a beautiful voice but he is also boring. There is a reason he is always in the bottom. Anyway, I am so sick of the idol drama and the way they use the kids as if they are not human beings. What has been been done to Quentin and now Clark just to get ratings really stinks. Quentin’s incident was totally blown out of proportion and Clark’s package was totally edited to make him look bad. I am so tired of Idol and have always been a loyal fan even when all my friends and family stopped watching. This year just may have done it for me. I never said this before but Idol is totally dying and is at the point of being unpleasantly disparate for ratings.

• At first I thought the package was edited to make him look bad, but then he had a chance to explain on live tv and he ended up looking just as bad.

• MAB says:

Why do you say it made him look bad? Because he is passionate in what he feels. Maybe this wasn’t his best week but all through the competition he has been far ahead of anyone else and that’s because he is true to who he is not because he tried to be someone he is not. All he was saying is he believes in what is inside of him. He was passionate and articulate. He was standing up for himself not tearing anyone down. Scott, if he was a good mentor would help him bring out more of what is inside of him instead of tearing him totally down and make him be someone he is not. I am sure it was not easy for Clark to perform after showing that package. He had to feel misunderstood and deflated.

• Tyler says:

ITA, MAB. I don’t recall a coach on the Voice EVER telling contestants not to do a song that they picked as Scott did to Clark.

• Mary says:

In the real world if Clark wins he will be nudge in a direction that he might not want to go. Scott knows the music business, what sells and what doesn’t. Clark type of music will not sell in main stream. If Clark is that passionate about it maybe American Idol wasn’t the right route for him to go.

• MAB says:

If all these music head ups like Scott knows what they are doing and knows what sells. Why is it that so many idol winners were forced to do pop like records with songs that are totally different than what they did on idol to win in the first place fail terribly. So few winners become super stars except for those who continued to do the type of music they sang on idol. Like Kelly who is pop and Carrie who is country and has always been country. You can’t
            try and change the very core of a singer and expect to have a success. As I said before the only one who fits the mold of what they are looking for is Jax and she is the only one who may have a chance at success. Jax appeals to the demographic who buys music that makes someone a star. I am not saying that it is the good music just look at the top 40. I keep very up with the charts and there is very few songs in the top 40 that I can even listen to yet the younger generation eats it up and they sell millions of downloads. Unfortunately being a good singer does not guarantee success especially when they are forced to sing the type of music that is not true to theirselves. Phillip Phillips once said I would rather not be a success in the mainstream and do the music that is me instead of something that is not me. That’s one of the reasons he is trying to split from Idol and I really don’t think he cares whether he sells a million records anymore or not. He is happy doing his concerts and playing music he is proud of. If he gets success as an added bonus great. I think Clark is cut from the same cloth and I totally respect that. They perform for the love of the music and not the almighty dollar. They are the true artist.

• girl_3 says:

This. I’ve had the impression for some time that Clark was not Scott’s unique and beautiful snowflake, but given Clark’s popularity I didn’t think they’d outright bus him, especially when it backfires more often that not (unless your name is Quentin). That said, my husband noted that Clark’s response seemed somewhat arrogant, especially since Your Man didn’t really benefit from the ’80’s smooth jazz reboot. He also thought Quentin reacted poorly the previous week, and he is not an Idol dork like me, so I’m wondering if the general population will have the same reaction.

P.S. – I thought Your Man sounded like Smokey Robinson’s Cruisin’, a pleasant enough ’80’s ditty, but definitely not Idol-winning material.

• Cip says:

i made three attempts to post this am, but they never appeared either. :(

• Alan Dvorkis says:

Perfectly stated. Sick of their attempt to manipulate. These are human being’s lives at stake. Clark did not have a bad attitude. He did not lash out. He stuck to his guns. He said this is the song I believe represents my musical taste and nothing you tell me can. He did not do a very good job, but so what. At least he has integrity. 8 years ago on Australian Idol, Matt Corby sang the little known The Blowers Daughter. Ian Dickson said “That is an obscure song, not many will know, but you backed yourself and that is what a true artist does” Right. Clark showed confidence in what he believes or he could attempt to put emotion into a song he did not believe in. Agree that the only one more boring that Rayvon is Nick. I shall stop now as you said everything exactly right.

• Nan says:

Their “lives” are not at stake. Potential career opportunities maybe and even that’s a stretch given the overall past history of Idol.

• MC says:

Well said. Perspective is a great thing. Gosh, there are even performers who succeed in the music industry without ever appearing on a talent show. Imagine that!

• River City says:

Idol is very manipulative and has became a “survivor/Hunger Games” type of production using a cast of people that made the show because of their back-stories or unusual performance looks (odd clothing, hairstyles, etc.) or what the producers think would create a diversified type of characters in genre influences. …………………………………

Since they give us a crop of mostly mediocre singers and performers, then that is what we see and have to choose between…..It’s amazing how so many of us will get caught-up in big love for this one and hating another one. Most of the contestants will not survive in the highly competitive and fickle music biz, after this season is over…… Life goes on, some go back to school, some get married and have children, some dabble in music but can’t make a living at it. . Even the last 2 winners, both very good singers, are struggling to be relevant in the Billboard charts hustle.

Interesting that they presented no male country singers this year, fearing another “Country Idol” stigma. Maddie was the country entry, she picked a bad non-country song and it was over for her. …………………………………………………………

I think Borchetta is going to push for Jax to win now, because she is the only one who may have some marketability beyond how she sings. But. he can’t fully control it either, but they can manipulate through editing, side clips, etc.

• Lizzie says:

Here’s hoping the horrible suck-up faker Jax with her stupid name, is GONE this week. LOL on Scott when that happens.

11. Tim says:

I’ve never disagreed with you all this much before… Nick’s “Bright Lights” was one of his best, but can we PLEASE not let him become the next Taylor Hicks? Goodness, he’s made his way in the middle of the pack all season, and because of others mistakes he could win. His best performances are never due to his artistry, but holding his pitch well with some power. He is a great vocalist, but he should not go past 3rd or 4th. This season needs to go to Clark or Jax. They take you places when they sing. How many Clark or Jax performances can you remember from this season? What about Nick? See what I mean? (Don’t get me started on Rayvon. Only wanted him to beat Daniel in the Twitter Save). But, as this is my first post ever, I need to say that I love Reality Check and all of your articles. It makes AI and The Voice even better!

12. Alan Dvorkis says:

Melinda about Sawyer. “He has an innate artistry that just works for him” Perfectly stated.

13. KT5 says:

While I applaud Michael for ‘going on with the show’ despite the absence of Jason, I don’t think that they should ever let him go on vacation again. (Sorry Jason). And Jason, by the way, now would be a good time to ask for that raise……..

14. Angie_Overrated says:

“I think when someone [Kimberly] is that flawless, people have a hard time accepting it.”
    Ding ding ding! I’m Team Koryn all the way, but damn, that Kimberly girl is just crazy. Easily one of the top 5 singer/performers to have ever been on the show, if not the best.

• Tyler says:

Kimberly has flaws and this past week proved it. I don’t think she can sing in a vulnerable manner. It has to be all out shouting and asserting herself. That’s why I thought Creep was the wrong song for her. She just projects too much self-confidence to ever appear vulnerable.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Well, similar to Slezak and Melinda, I do not agree with your statement. But you’re certainly entitled to your opinion. Whereas you see flaws, I see none. Like, literally, none. It’s like she was genetically engineered in a lab to win a competition like this.

• TC says:

As talented as I think Kimberly is, I do feel that she has a a tendency to over embelish which sometimes makes her peformances seem a bit contrived. She is on the opposite spectrum of say a Joshue or Sawyer when it comes to performing, and depending on your preference, people may or may not appreciate it. It goes back to the Kris Allen vs Adam Lambert argument. Some folks prefer the more laid back approach while others like the dramatic flare. There is no wrong or right

• anonyanna says:

She’s a reamer screamer. Buybye.

• Smokey says:

I think the whole top 6 on The Voice are either very good singer/performers — or very unique in their style and sound. There are no bad acts on the Voice at this point. None……. that’s why one can expect a really good show next performance. And, there are better variety of song choices — that are not limited to Idol’ish tiny blips, but a better experience of how the artist performs the song.

15. Jill Moy says:

Any time a singer on a talent show confronts or talks out of line to that shows judges or band member or just talks when he or she shouldn’t, they get eliminated the following week! Quentin, the guy who said the Minor, in the band, etc., etc. Clark will 95% go this coming show! He for sure will not win AI!

ALSO, I have a lot of names for Jax, but one I forgot…AXE, as in she needs to get THE AXE! Enough already! Enough is enough! She can’t sing and is homely! If she wins Idol, the show will be the all time laughing stock of talent shows, replacing RISING STAR!

• Jill Moy says:

MEANT the black singer who confronted Ricky in the band and said HE HAD A SHORT THING, referring to his short stature, went home on the next show!

• Lyda says:

Clark will be there next week. He has loyal fans and he has LOTS of them. Don’t think for one minute he’ll be going home over Rayvon.

16. Timmah says:

P2 had plenty of bad performances, so did Kris Allen, etc., so I don’t think Clark’s “meltdown” will hurt him at all. Hell, Caleb called his fans retards and still won. As long as Clark can still melt down the women voters, he’s got this in the bag.

• MAB says:

LOL. I was thinking the same thing about Caleb last season.

• Mary says:

P2 did have plenty of bad performances, heck I still scratch my head on how he won. Kris I can only remember one not so great performances and Caleb didn’t call his fans a retard on the show. My point being if Clark wins it is due to the demographics of the show not for his talent. It is obvious to anyone who watches that he is a throwback, never will be main stream. Many don’t care because after the show they are done with the contestants, but Big Machine does because they are willing to invest in them. The southern voters care more about the image than they do the music.

• TC says:

I don’t recall any bad Kris Allen performances-not one.

• Timmah says:

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on that one. With the exception of a couple of outstanding performances, I thought he was consistently underwhelming.

• karenb says:

Me neither TC.

• Temperance says:

They were all pretty lousy. Ugh. Heartless was decent. KA was instantly forgettable, and I’ve seen Tim Urban around more often since.

• Smokey says:

Kris was very crafty with his song choices, trying to (maybe even subconsciously) pick-up the voters of the previously cast-off contestants.

• orl says:

I liked Kris Allen’s performances on Idol in 2009. It took a couple of weeks for me to get into his performance style, but he was very creative and stylistic. I liked how he did Kanye West’s Heartless in his acoustic approach. He was a solid contrast and competition to the more flashy Adam Lambert that year. I thought his second album was much better than his first album in how he did the songs. He kind of filled the void for that hiatus that John Mayer took with the laid back approach in his songs. At that time, people were into those kinds of singers, even in that folk rock trend back then, and they won Idol for some 4 years straight.

• Mary says:

All she wants to do is dance?? Not so hot. All the other ones were good.

• Tyler says:

Mary, you keep talking about Clark not becoming mainstream. How do you define “mainstream”? Someone who sells a lot of records? Someone who wins a lot of Grammys? Someone who is a household name? If that’s your definition of mainstream then Clark can become mainstream. Look at Norah Jones. Heck–look at Adele.

• Timmah says:

Comparing Clark to Norah Jones and Adele nearly made me spit my soda all over the screen! A warning next time please!

• Tyler says:

The reason I brought up Norah and Adele was because neither of them were expected to be “mainstream” artists or household names when they first started out. Norah wasn’t even signed to a major label–but an indie label called Blue Note or something like that. And Adele was discovered by a record producer who somehow discovered her music video on the internet. My point was that you don’t have to be like Lady Gaga or Katy Perry to be “mainstream.” Clark can go the Norah Jones route.

• anonyanna says:

OMG, yes, please, a warning next time. Clark has a stick shoved so far up his… not sellable. Not even dateable. Go back to the 80’s dude.

• Timmah says:

That was my point too, that he’ll win because of his demographics and fan base, and the performances are nearly irrelevant at this point. A good-looking, Southern white male will almost never lose on this show as long as they’re a halfway decent singer.

• Mary says:

P2 did have plenty of bad performances, still scratch my head on how he won. I can only recall one of Kris’s performances that wasn’t so hot. Caleb never called his fan a retard on the show. My point being due to the demographics of the show, it is clear that the Southern boy has an edge. The voters care more about the image than the talent. I will find it ironic if Clark makes it through this week after what happen, due to what happen last week with Quentin. But then again Clark fits the image the voters tend to navigate toward.

• Angie_Overrated says:

P2 was absolutely terrible on the show. I’ve liked two of his songs post-show, one of which he co-wrote, but if we’re to look objectively at his performances on Idol, a good half of them were total garbage.

• karenb says:

I disagree. I enjoyed all of his performances. Apparently most of America agrees with me. He did win after all.

• Angie_Overrated says:

ok

• MC says:

I just remember that PP was very ill most of the time. There were a couple of weeks when he was barely able to sing. It’s very difficult to accurately gauge talent when someone is that ill. Phillip has done great post-show and I think he’s one of the true artists to come from the AI stable.

• PatD says:

Kris Allen never had a bad performance. I don’t think he ever hit a bad note the whole season. He may not have played your or my kind of music, but he never gave a bad performance.

17. Ben says:

Not sure how Rayvon keeps winning when he clearly has a problem with not being able to carry a tune. His tone is flat and ther is nothing that gets one to feel anything when he sings. What is up with that?

18. TexGal says:

Clark bit the hand feeding him, repeatedly. He failed to redeem himself with his performances. Worse, he demonstrated a total disconnect from the reaction he was getting. When everyone questions what you’re doing, you’re a fool not to. A chord combination alone does not make a song sexy. He is the most talented singer left, but he may not have the emotional capacity to connect and win.

19. John says:

When did Melinda Doolittle, a third-place finisher on American Idol, earn the right to make fun of and criticize talented vocalists like Jax on American Idol and India or Meghan on The Voice? Who decided Melinda is the end-all, be-all of vocalists? Really…I’m done listening to her.

• BRJ says:

I don’t respect those 2. Melinda can sing as a BACK-UP singer, and that is why she is not an authority on AI. Sleez-ack needs a life.
      I listened to the first 7-8 minutes and turned them off….as the cockroaches they are. lmao.

• Kevin says:

Yes, because Melinda’s amazing run on Season 6 and solid post-show work only proves that she can sing back-up and therefore she has no credibility, ok. Well I’m sure she has more credibility than you at least, so sit down.

I really don’t see what people like you are getting worked up about, and both of them have interesting observations to listen to. Why are they cockroaches? Cause they criticized your favorite? Ok, boohoo.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Most backup singers are better vocalists than the people they’re backing up. This slam always makes me giggle.

• Jill Moy says:

BRJ,

Melinda has the best voice ever on AI! She should have EASILY WON! Sparks won unfairly, having lowest vote total and AI decid.
        ed to carry over votes to following week(first time)! Only because SHE was the one on bottom! Turned out her father was part owner (or something like that…maybe friends with sponswer) of the sponser! She should have asterisk next to her name! Even Simon publically said Melinda was better!

Sparks would lose on any song sing off vs. Sparks!

• Kevin says:

Placing third on Idol does not equate lack of credibility, and especially in the case of Melinda Doolittle. That is a terribly flawed conclusion to draw. And I don’t really see how any of her criticisms of Jax, India or Meghan were out of line or not backed up by some reasonable observation. No one is saying her opinion is law or “end-all, be-all” at all, but her opinions are her opinions.

• JayNC says:

I love Melinda, think she should have won season 6, but I just don’t understand her love of Rayvon, or her disdain of Nick.

• Kathy Cochran says:

Excuse me! Melinda can sing the pants off any song. Are you tone deaf? She is pitch perfect and I respect all of her comments and critiques even if I don’t always agree, performance wise.

• Jill Moy says:

Melinda is a fantastic singer! Great singing doesn’t mean they are always a great judge of talent! She has praised JOAX as in JOKES), or HOAX, many weeks and she can’t sing a lick (maybe cats or kittens might like her)! She loves Rayvon’s tone and I think it’s average! Other picks of her’s are usually gone fast! I don’t believe she’s a great judge of Talent!

As far as Scott is concerned, he has proved as a mentor, to be a complete idiot with song choices and idiotic comments! He has been responsible for many very capable singers leaving the show! This season has the worst song choices ever on AI….THE WORST!

20. karyn says:

No offense but whoever stepped in for Jason this week should NOT quit their day job. Got better toward the end, but a bit of a mess and hard to watch. If Jason escapes his cage again, you just need to go with the unedited version.

21. danyelle says:

Wow, there’s a not so fine line between giving Jason kudos and acting like entitled brats. Find it, don’t cross it. (M&M, thank you for all that *you* do!)

22. BRJ says:

I understand that Mr. Sleez-ack Miss BACK-UP singer have their favorites and think that their OPINIONS ARE FACTS, but I’ll go with what the REAL ARTIST of “Bright Lights” thought of Nick’s performance
     Nick Fradiani retweeted

Rob Thomas @ThisIsRobThomas
    · 5h 5 hours ago
    @nickfradiani great job on #AmericanIdol doing Bright Lights! thanx for doing us proud!

23. Mary says:

Michael I don’t know if the Holiday Inn does, but many of hotels have a piano player in their lounge, bar area who plays. I think that is what Scott was referring to. For me Clark fits that bill perfectly.

• MAB says:

Years ago when I use to go out and party we would go to holiday Inn, Hilton etc. which had a live band in the lounge and we would dance the night away. Some of the bands were darn good too. I remember Thursday was ladies night and the place was packed. I don’t know if that still goes on.

• Timmah says:

I think he should team up with Taylor Hicks for that. The Soul Patrollers!

24. LZB says:

Rayvon for the win!

25. kalyn says:

I don’t get it. Quentin messes up and Sleazak gives him a pass. Vut Clark messes up and Sleazak follows the script used to throw Clark under the bus. Scott was unfair to Clark and insulted him instead of helping him. He just wants his own favorites at the top.

26. JW says:

Joshua needs to perform an Arcade Fire or Bruce Springsteen song.

27. Viajero says:

While I personally would like to see Kimberly, Koryn and Sawyer in the final, I suspect Meghan and Joshua have a decent chance of beating out Koryn depending on how they perform Monday.

Do we know if its a 3 person or a 4 person final? I don’t remember anything being said about them repeating the Wild Card performances from last season. If they are going to just do the normal sing-off among the bottom 3 (or 4), then Joshua’s chances increase significantly since he is guaranteed to sing last if the voters don’t save him.

28. Jill Moy says:

P2 is an ordinary singer, one that can be found at any karaoke bar! I don’t care what amount he has sold! He never should have won AI!

29. Angelstorm says:

Jason !!! Come back !!

30. Marcella says:

The mentors are suppose to encourage, not give up and humiliate on Clark. clark is staying true to his genre. I did not see him disrespect or raise his voice. Clark believes in his style.Which I have loved each & every song. A Christian, that is the only one saying “sir & ma’am”. I am buying all his music. With and without AI. God bless you Clark. America & the world needs your love and music more than ever.

• anonyanna says:

The fact someone is a christian or not would have no influence on my votes. In fact, Christians have done horrible things to my family and it would probably be a strike against him if I took it into account. Clark is just a stubborn baby who doesn’t listen. He should go his own way somewhere else. He doesn’t belong on Idol.

31. Donkennedy says:

Re American Idol portion: Keep in mind it is your job to really keep up with everything that happens in the music industry. I, as an outsider, do not do that. Therefore, it makes no difference in real life whether the contestant sounds just like the record. I had heard the Matchbox 20 song maybe 5 times in passing. So it is a moot point if Nick sounded like John Thomas or whomever they were speaking of. Clark was just plain bad. I buy a lot of music. So I listen with an ear to what I would have in my collection.

32. LZB says:

Of the remaining four, Rayon has the best voice, the best personality, and he is the most versatile and the best looking. He has the most potential for success.

33. christine huck says:

i think JAX should win.i also think rayvon should want instead of joey cook.she was a really good singer.

34. Fangirl says:

I don’t think Clark is going home, but he did have the two worst performances of the night. He’s not going because he’s Clark. That’s the only reason. I think Nick Fradiani just won Season 14 of American Idol. BTW I don’t get the Daughtry comparisons. Nick is rocky ,yes, but he also has this Sinatra 2.0 thing happening too, I’m talking smooth. Jax is the only one left with any originality. I admire Rayvon for his pluckiness, and grace under pressure. I felt sorry for Tyanna, but it was time.

35. Fangirl says:

I miss Quentin , Joey and Qaasim.

36. Clark’s in trouble. Nick is now the frontrunner, perhaps tied (unfortuantely) with Jax .. Rayvon is going home. On The Voice, as long as Sawyer, Kimberly, Joshua or Koryn wins, I’m good. They are truly all great representatives as this point.., w/Sawyer being my frontrunner.

• saucie says:

i agree about the voice finale and about sawyer, too. i love the other 3, and loved kim’s performance of “creep” ~ she is an artist and a real pro. i like josh and liked ” fields of gold” and i often think “wow” after koryn sings. a final night with the four of them could be stellar! of all of them sawyer is the one i want to hear again, and then again. something about his voice and his heart is just beyond . . . he is an absolute gem, i think.

• Jay Russo says:

unfortunately Jax? You mean unfortunately Nick? If Nick wins this season I’ll be highly disappointed. We already have a Daughtry. (: Jax is the only one left with originality, for that, Jax needs to win.

• JudithQ8 says:

If Nick wins Idol, then the show is just circling the drain. He’s so karaoke-boring. Yawn!

37. Lyn says:

Michael and Melinda – you make my day every time. Hysterical! Anyway… I’m a broken record. Still can’t get over not having Quentin and Joey. Loved Quentin on Kelly and Michael. I’m not thrilled about only the 5 going on the Idol tour. Wish they’d reconsider and include the top 10 or 8 at a minimum. You both are on track with my thoughts: the one solo act I would pay to see on DVD or in concert is on the Voice – Sawyer. Wow. I’d enjoy the top 5 on the Voice and Idol coming together for a tour. Now that is something I’d pay to see!

• anonyanna says:

The Voice wouldn’t be caught dead with the talentless peeps from Idol. Now, that would just be bad. Their singers actually have talent.

38. Sienna says:

Let me say something please. Nick is a one trick pony and Jax sings off key and people just like her cuz she does her own thing. Rayvon is good when he picks the right song. Out of all of them Clark is the best and im so happy that he chose to do his own thing because as an artist he should be able to say what he wants to do with his career and he can sing and dress however he wants. Clark is so genuine and a very talented singer and musician. He deserves it the most. So what he didnt do what scott and jay thought he should do? This is his career not theirs so they can Sit back and let clark do what he wants. Also he consitently puts up good performances.

39. tealeaves says:

I don’t know what is going to happen with Clark this week. You can politely defend your song choices and get away with it. We look for contestants who have strong opinions about who they are and what they want to do. The problem is that his performances were not that strong.
    If it were earlier in the season, he would have immediately lost front-runner status. This late in the season, he might have enough support that his fans will carry him thru. But then the other 3 all had good performances on the same night. I think it is possible he could go home this week.

40. Jacob Sutton says:

So…. even with a cold Jax sounds great for the most part. And I agree (with Melinda) about the backup singer like what was that?! But honestly, she’s a great tv personality on and off camera. I say off camera because I’m from East Brunswick and I know her personally. Jax is one of the sweetest and down to earth people. She’s soooooo talented and she would be the perfect American Idol. And I also really liked how she didn’t announce that she had a cold until harry was like “I can see you’re not feeling at you’re best”.

• JP says:

This isn’t the first time American Idol has pulled this out as an excuse for one of the contestants. It has happened over and over. Actually, Jax looked surprised when Harry said it. Maybe she did have a cold, but I think it was an excuse for her not being able to hit those high notes like Alicia Keys. Jax has a very limited vocal range, and all of her songs sound just alike to me because they are sung in the same vocal range every single week. I will have to say she does have a unique sound in her voice that’s different, but it is just limited. I think she is an entertainer, and we have way too many artists already who cover up their inability to truly sing with dancing and theatrics on stage. She would fit into that category imo. She is not a recording artist. She is an entertainer. This is supposed to be a singing competition.

41. Polly says:

Quentin was their only chance at a potential star and they royally effed that all up.

• anonyanna says:

Surely you jest.

• T.B. Hammer says:

Quentin & Joey both had 8 or 9 performances on a TV show that goes-out to from 7 to 10 million households. It is watched by pretty much every Independent Record Producer, Promotional Agency and A&R organization. ……….

If either or both are the real deal that America is wanting, someone will sign and promote them. ………………….Even YouTube, Spotify, CDBaby, instagram, Twitter and other media or sales friendly means are easily accessible to artists who want to try for an international following. …

So if they still have big appeal when not part of a reality talent show, then they will make their mark anyway. —————-

If, perhaps, they can’t really compete with the constant flow of new young artists or the already known & popular artists in the niche’s they wish to compete in,,, ,then we won’t hear much about them as time goes by.

42. My top three are india joshua and sawyer.
    I cannot choose the voive yet…

43. patdamico says:

Oh, Melinda, no, no, no. Just the thought of Cowell getting within a 5 mile radius of Sawyer gives me a migraine. He’d try to turn him into a boy band, or have him sing all of the worst kind of ’80’s pop songs. No. No way. I think The Voice has gotten a bad rap for not helping its contestants post show. Blake’s team members have gone on to do very well. I think Chris Jamison has been getting a lot of promotion, too. Frankly, I think they’re being smarter with these people and looking to build longevity. We’ll see how they do with Sawyer (whether he wins or not). If they blow that one, then there’s no defending them.

But I’m totally with you re: Jax’s “Empire.” That arrangement and performance just completely lost the melody and sounded awful to my ears, too. Wasn’t much better with “Human,” either. I’ll give her this much, though: she has the kind of voice that will probably be studio malleable.

• Hayder B. Hayden says:

“Studio malleable.” Is that a euphemism for auto-tune? If so, I agree. Jax is current in a way that Clark, Nick, and Rayvon are not. Too bad her voice is just so-so. But there’s nothing wrong with her that can’t be fixed with some good old auto-tune.

44. Tank says:

Idol – Rayvon may be unstoppable. Looking forward to Jason Averett’s take on this.
    The Voice – may play out like this: Josh next to go as between Josh and Sawyer, there can be only one. It then comes down to who is the most ready to be a pop star right now. India’s niche is Broadway, Koryn’s is gospel, so it comes down to Kimberly and Sawyer for the win. White guy with guitar always wins, so Sawyer wins it.

45. PatD says:

Nick’s Homecoming on YouTube:

He sounds better than he does on the show.

• Amy says:

Pat, as i posted above, I was there…I just want to confirm that…it was my impression immediately too…he sounded better (not that I don’t think he’s sounded good on Idol, I do)..but better, stronger, so “in the pocket” with his own band, in person. And I honestly thought their originals were really good. Listen, I too, don’t think he or they are “Daughtry”…I am a huge Daughtry fan. But they are different. I really really enjoyed them and will buy his/their music. It’s just what I like listening to. Not saying I didn’t enjoy any of the other Idols this season too.

• Amy says:

Nice acoustic version of Bright Lights. Don’t know if now is the time, in the final weeks but, he ought to strip it down and do something acoustic once on Idol. …I’ve been thinking that all season. Judging from things he said, Idol may not have let him so far…who knows.

46. Jill Moy says:

You people have me calling Phillip Phillips P2! HOW LAZY CAN ONE BE THAT HIS NAME CAN’T BE SPELLED OUT….P2….RIDICULOUS!

47. Shelley Dial says:

Michael, I LOVE your shirt! And I think Jax actually has a chance to beat the boys.

• T.B. Hammer says:

I usually enjoy the girls more than the guy singers anyway. And the girls are always at a disadvantage , because (from what I’ve seen in the past from some polls on the subject,, and how quickly the girls get ousted when the top 12 starts) that more girls vote than guys and girls usually vote for guys.

So I say,,, Jax to the Max….. Send everyone a fax, to vote for Jax…… Ignore the hacks and vote for Jax. …you can’t relax, till you vote for Jax…..Don’t be all wack, just vote for Jax.

• Jill Moy says:

TB,

JAX A$$ can’t sing and you know it! She has a pnony voice and a face like a horse! What a discrace if she wins! They should cancel the show if JOAX THE HOAX THE MOAX JOX STRAP WINS!

• Jill Moy says:

JAX, NEEDS TO GET AXED!

• Katie sullivan says:

I do agree that jax should be the next to go. I do not like the over affectations she uses singing from the throat. Now it’s kinda backfiring on her. Her voice is so strained now, I heard some if the songs she sang at the homecoming and her voice was shot. She will probably need cortisone shots.

48. guest says:

One of the things that made Idol click this year was the combination of talent of the top contestants. Together they had a great chemistry and diversity. When Joey went home, things began to come apart. The diversity was what helped all of them. Now, we’re left with two good-looking guys with above average voices, a girl with a gimmick, and another guy with the ability to battle when he’s down. For me I don’t care who wins at this point. The luster has left the show. As for the people who are criticizing Melinda Doolittle–did you ever see her perform on Idol? She was the person I waited to see every week. Not only is she a good singer, she has the vocal training to back up her comments. If she would put out a CD of the songs she sang on Idol, I would buy it in a minute. And, even if she did finish third (really doubt it), she still got further than the contestants this year who performed last week. So, whoever wins, good luck. I’ll continue to watch, but I’m done voting this year because I don’t really care who wins.

49. Marcella says:

The more I listen and watch Clark, I fall more & more in love with this artist. I believe Clark was confident with his music. The mentors should have listened to make Clarks vision work. Instead bashed him. I think Scott should make amends or apoligize. SCott made a lot of fans mad.This could be a way to get money, to download music. Now it seems the fans are in a war And bashing.

50. Barbara says:

Clark has been my fav since day 1 and continues to be. Not just his voice, but he’s such a nice young man and is well spoken, which is required of Idol winners with all the interviews, etc. they have after the finale. I respect him for being true to himself and not being intimidated by the bigwigs, while still being respectful of them.