Family Guy Hits 250: Stewie's Secret & More Burning Qs (Finally) Answered

Family Guy Episode 250

Family Guy turns the big 2-5-0 this Sunday (Fox, 9/8c), and while we’ve learned quite a bit during the past 13 seasons — did you know Jesus was Chinese? — there are still many mysteries to be solved in Quahog.

Fortunately, executive producer Rich Appel was violently coerced more than willing to be grilled by TVLine as the long-running series approaches this major milestone.

Some of our questions, like Stewie’s sexual orientation, have lingered in every viewer’s mind since the show premiered in 1999, while others, like whether or not Lois still offers piano lessons, were merely personal inquiries for which we desperately craved answers. (I lose sleep over everything.)

Whether you’re a casual viewer of The Family Man, or you’re a hardcore devotee with a framed caricature of Reggie Jackson pooping on your chest, I think you’ll find yourself enlightened by (at least one of) Appel’s answers.

Browse the gallery below, then drop a comment with any burning question we missed.

1. hello says:

250 episodes of crap

2. Dj says:

I miss evil Stewie. He was funnier back then.

3. Fran says:

This is my guilty pleasure show and I don’t care what anyone says…. Yes, its mindless, silly and often stupid… but sometime that’s okay.

4. Smigglesby says:

#7 – Its spelt Tony Sirico.

5. AT says:

I liked this show in the earlier seasons. But now I just find it too boring or outlandish for my taste. I don’t think it is very funny anymore.

6. iHeart says:

okay seriously most of these didn’t answer any questions at all, and the spin-off potential question? are they seriously pretended that the Cleveland Show never happened? I don’t understand why FOX keeps Family Guy around, the quality there dipped faster than the simpsons

7. Meg aged early on. From 17 to 18.

8. Matty says:

It is odd how they don’t mention “The Cleveland Show” as a spin-off; maybe it’s because “Cleveland” was funnier than “Family Guy.” (“American Dad” is way better than both of them.)

I don’t understand the writers’ fascination with vomit and bestiality (Brian the dog has sex with human women).

Meg as family punching bag is one of the more distasteful things this show has done, and that’s saying a lot, considering how disgusting the show is overall.

9. Faisal says:

Is there gonna be another special episode for the 14th season ?

examples are like Star Wars , brian and stewie , the Road to , And then they were fewer , stewie kills lois / lois kills stewie , the simpsons guy .

10. Family Guy slays all of you jealous basics I bet you wish you were as famous as Seth. LOL @ “Mr.SmartyPants” saying 250 episodes of crap HAHAHA we know you are a fan don’t even try with yo sheet. Bye 👋

• TV Gord says:

I’ve been sitting here laughing at how a story about The Family Guy has attracted so many humorless people to the comment section. What a fitting tribute to a show that has made me laugh harder than almost anything else on TV. More than a few here need a healthy dose of Epicac.