Rosie O’Donnell is returning to the scene of the crime.
The View announced Monday that O’Donnell — whose tumultuous Season 10 stint as moderator came to an abrupt, Elisabeth Hasselbeck-brawlin’ end in 2007 — is heading back to ABC’s gabfest on Feb. 7 as a guest.
In a carefully worded statement, O’Donnell’s former View boss Barbara Walters said, “I have great affection for Rosie and we have remained in contact through the years. I am happy to welcome her back to the program. She is always a lively and engaging guest and a part of the show’s successful history.”
O’Donnell is currently recurring on ABC Family’s hit drama The Fosters.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well….
* The title of Orphan Black‘s April 19 Season 2 premiere is… “Nature Under Constraint And Vexed,” per The Huffington Post. It’s a nod to Sir Francis Bacon’s 1620 text, “Plan of the Work.” (All of Season 2’s episode titles will stem from Bacon’s work, a change from Season 1’s Charles Darwin-inspired titles.)
* Covert Affairs‘ Christopher Gorham will appear in a upcoming episode of the Nick at Nite series See Dad Run, TVLine has learned exclusively. He’ll play the leader of Joe’s (Jackson Brundage) scout troop.
* Fresh off her much-ballyhooed Grammy wedding officiating stint, Queen Latifah will sing “America The Beautiful” as part of the Super Bowl XLVIII pregame festivities this Sunday on Fox. As previously reported, Renée Fleming will perform the National Anthem.
* Sundance Channel is rebranding itself SundanceTV. The change takes effect in February.
* American Idol addicts may experience a reduction in nighttime anxiety and nail-biting. The show announced Monday new partnerships with Facebook and Google, with the former social-media platofrm planning to offer “visual, on-air voting progress updates based on real-time East Coast voting data during select live shows.” In other words, Season 13 viewers will experience their “first-ever look at how their favorite finalists are faring in the voting polls at a given time.” Additionally, Google will be launching “an online voting platform that allows fans to cast votes…directly from Google Search.”
Which of today’s TVLine Items has you talking?