Meredith Vieira‘s talk-show roots are showing.
The former View and Today co-host has teamed with NBCUniversal to launch a nationally syndicated talker in fall 2014.
“All of us at NBCU are so excited about this new show with Meredith,” NBC broadcasting chairman Ted Harbert said Tuesday of The Meredith Vieira Show. “She creates an instant connection with audiences with her smart, quick-witted and down-to-earth style. This entertaining and substantive show will be a great way to reach her loyal daytime fans as well as new ones who will discover why Meredith is one of America’s most loved television personalities.”
Vieira is slated to executive-produce the project, as well.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
Popular on TVLine
• Suds fave William deVry is joining General Hospital, per ABC Soaps In Depth. The All My Children/Bold and the Beautiful alum hits Port Charles July 30 as Derek Wells, the boss of the soon-to-be-exiting Connie.
• Elementary is adding another Sir Author Conan Doyle character to its London-set Season 2 premiere. British actor Sean Pertwee will guest star in the episode as Scotland Yard inspector Lestrade, the actor announced recently via Twitter.
• TLC’s What Not to Wear will launch its final season Aug. 9 at 10/9c, leading up to a road trip-centric series finale on Oct. 18.
• Beauty and the Beast guest star Ted Whittall, who plays FBI agent Reynolds/Cat’s real dad, will officially recur in Season 2.
• Key & Peele stars Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele will co-host the 29th annual TCA Awards, taking place Saturday, Aug. 3 in Los Angeles.
• Omar Dorsey (Django Unchained, Rizzoli & Isles) has joined the final season of HBO’s Eastbound & Down. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the actor has booked a multi-ep arc as an obnoxious NFL player-turned-talk-show host. Eastbound‘s swan-song run begins Sept. 29.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?