Now that the Supreme Court has struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act, Modern Family‘s Cameron and Mitchell may finally make their way down the aisle.
“It’s a real possibility,” executive producer Christopher Lloyd shares with EW.com as he discusses how the landmark decision will impact the ABC comedy.
“It’s certainly something we are contemplating on the show in ways we wouldn’t have in prior seasons,” he continues. “As you can imagine in Cam and Mitchell’s life, they would be feeling that a door has opened that was closed to them. Wouldn’t it be pretty tempting to think about walking through it?”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• All My Children vet Michael E. Knight is returning to TV. Per TV Guide Magazine, the suds fave will guest-star on Drop Dead Diva‘s July 14 installment, playing a man representing himself in a court case concerning his pup’s unplanned pregnancy.
Popular on TVLine
• Fan fave Kelly Sullivan is reportedly leaving General Hospital, per Soap Opera Digest. The actress joined the ABC soap in 2011 as Kate Howard/Connie Falconeri.
• Fox and NBC are redeveloping two projects from last pilot season: The Assistants (formerly known as To My Future Assistant) and I Am Victor, respectively. Additionally, both productions are looking to bring back their original casts. Per Deadline, NBC and Universal TV have extended contract options to Victor‘s six cast members, including John Stamos (Necessary Roughness), Matthew Lillard (Scream), Josh Zuckerman (90210) and McKaley Miller (Hart of Dixie). Fox, meanwhile, has extended deals with Assistants stars Brittany Snow (American Dreams), Stephen Root (NewsRadio), Catherine O’Hara (Home Alone) and Jillian Bell (Workaholics), according to The Hollywood Reporter. (For more on both projects, head here and here.)
• Ovation has acquired the rights to NBC’s cancelled Smash, with Season 1 of the musical drama launching July 19. Episodes will air Fridays at 8 pm.
• Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul and House of Cards’ Kate Mara have been tapped to announce the 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards nominations on Thursday, July 18.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?