In a statement, EPs Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman said, “We’re thrilled that a new audience will be able to catch up on the story so far — and then buckle up for our third season” (which is moving to Tuesdays at 10/9c).
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• ABC announced Thursday its plans to bring Once Upon a Time, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland to Comic-Con. On Friday, July 19, Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. will take the coveted Con stage, while Once and its spin-off will be showcased Saturday, July 20.
• Kirstie Alley’s new TV Land sitcom Kirstie has tapped a trio of funny ladies for its upcoming first season. Per TV Guide.com, Kristin Chenoweth (Glee), Kristen Johnston (The Exes) and Cloris Leachman (Raising Hope) will guest-star on the comedy, which centers on Alley’s Maddie Banks, a Broadway star whose world changes when the son she gave up for adoption (played by Eric Petersen) shows up after 26 years.
Popular on TVLine
• Desperate Housewives‘ Doug Savant will guest-star on a Season 4 installment of Rizzoli & Isles, EW.com reports, playing a mock trial adviser whose counterpart dies during a competition.
• Comedy Central has given the green light to The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail, a stand-up series led by comedians Jonah Ray and Kumail Nanjiani. The project is being exec-produced by Ben Stiller, among others.
• Sienna Guillory (Resident Evil) has exited NBC’s new series Believe, per The Hollywood Reporter. The Bad Robot-produced drama follows an unlikely relationship between a gifted young girl (Johnny Sequoyah) and a man sprung from prison (Jake McLaughlin) who has been tasked with protecting her from the evil elements that hunt her power. Guillory, who will still appear in the pilot as the first person seeking Bo, will not be recast.
• S–t! The Online Network is, um, swearing off something pretty major in episodes of All My Children and One Life to Live moving forward. “The fans have spoken,” TOLN tweeted Thursday. “No more cursing on #AMC and #OLTL.”
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?