Making his debut in December, the actor will play an undercover cop from New York who comes to Genoa City with a major secret. (Don’t they always?)
Serricchio — who can currently be seen in the popular web soap The Bay — has worked steadily since his 2008 GH departure, including arcs on The Finder, Privileged and Ghost Whisperer.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Polly Walker (Caprica) has booked a five-episode arc on Syfy’s Warehouse 13 as Charlotte Dupres, a nemesis of the Warehouse Team whose secrets will unfold over the course of Season 4.5 (premiering in April 2013).
• Pretty Little Liars has nabbed itself an Olympian. Gold medalist Missy Franklin will make a cameo in the second half of Season 3, dropping by Rosewood to meet fellow swimming fiend Emily.
• First Lady Michelle Obama will make her debut appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live next Thursday, Oct. 25.
• The CW has ordered a 20th (!) cycle of America’s Next Top Model — but there’s a twist! The upcoming season (to launch in summer 2013) will for the first time feature an all-male group of contestants competing alongside the usual pack of ladies.
• Buffy alum Tom Lenk has landed a potentially recurring role in Lifetime’s pilot Witches of East End. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the actor joins the project — which follows an ethereal beauty (Julia Ormond) who has never told her two grown daughters that they are witches — as the gay best friend of Rachel Boston’s Ingrid. Jenna Dewan co-stars as the other offspring.
• Rhona Mitra (Strike Back, Boston Legal) has nabbed the lead female role in The Last Ship, TNT’s Michael Bay-helmed apocalyptic drama pilot, per The Hollywood Reporter. She joins the previously cast Eric Dane and Titus Welliver.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?Follow @MegMasters