FX is teaming with famed big-screen helmers Joel and Ethan Coen to develop a series loosely based on their film Fargo, Deadline reports.
A two-time Academy Award winner, the 1996 hit movie stars Frances McDormand (Almost Famous) as a pregnant cop investigating a series of murders. William H. Macy (Shameless) also stars as a financially strapped car salesman who hires two criminals (Boardwalk Empire‘s Steve Buscemi and Prison Break‘s Peter Stormare) to abduct his wife.
The Coen brothers will executive-produce the project, while My Generation creator Noah Hawley will pen and exec-produce, as well.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Bachelorette fan favorite Sean Lowe will get another chance at love as The Bachelor, People.com reports. Lowe was second-runner-up in Bachelorette‘s most recent season, which ended with Emily Maynard accepting Jef Holm’s marriage proposal. Lowe, a Dallas businessman, will begin handing out roses when the ABC reality dating show returns in January.
• David Meunier is set to return to Justified in a major way in Season 4, per The Hollywood Reporter. The actor, who currently recurs on NBC’s Revolution, will reprise his role as Boyd’s double-crossing cousin Johnny in 10 of the season’s 13 episodes.
Popular on TVLine
• With the end of 30 Rock drawing near, Tina Fey has signed a four-year overall deal with Universal Television. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the pact will find Fey developing new projects, withe the potential to star in one.
• MSNBC’s Morning Joe co-host Willie Geist has been named co-host of Today‘s 9 am hour, The New York Times has learned. An official announcement from NBC is expected later this week. In addition to his day-to-day duties, Geist will act as a backup for host Matt Lauer in Today‘s 7-9am time slot.
• Teri Polo (Meet the Parents) and Sherri Saum (One Life to Live) have been tapped to star in The Fosters, ABC Family’s Jennifer Lopez-produced drama pilot which follows a multi-ethnic family of foster and biological kids being raised by two moms.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?