Veteran actor Judd Hirsch is robing up for The Good Wife.
TVLine has learned exclusively that the Taxi alum will drop by Season 4 of the CBS legal drama (bowing Sept. 30) later this fall as a judge.
RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on The Good Wife and 45 Other Returning Shows
In addition, CBS announced Wednesday that controversial comedian Bill Maher, host of HBO’s Real Time With Bill Maher, will appear as himself on an episode this season.
Hirsch — who counts Damages and Numb3rs as recent TV credits — and Maher join Wife‘s expansive list of upcoming guest stars, including Maura Tierney, Brian Dennehy, John Shea, Christina Ricci and Kristin Chenoweth, among others.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• If you’re still holding out hope for an Entourage flick, it’s your lucky day: Deadline reports that series creator Doug Ellin is nearly finished with the screenplay, which picks up about six months after the HBO series, which wrapped last year. “There are interesting developments about Ari as a studio head,” the showrunner reveals. “But foremost is the friendship between the guys, who are still hanging out and going to fun parties, and it continues with the same characters.”
• Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am has been named mentor of Britney Spears’ X Factor team, TV Guide Magazine has learned.
• Dancing With the Stars vet Gilles Marini has been bumped to series regular on Switched at Birth after having recurred on the ABC Family drama during the first half of Season 1, Deadline reports.
• Jason Lee has booked a Men at Work guest spot, TVGuide.com reports. He’ll appear in Season 2 of the TBS comedy (bowing in 2013) as the guys’ annoying co-worker.
• June Diane Raphael (New Girl) has been tapped to recur in NBC’s freshman comedy Animal Practice. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the Upright Citizens Brigade alum joins as the veterinary office’s newest hire, a doctor who will keep Justin Kirk’s leading man on his toes. Animal Practice bows Wednesday, Sept. 26.
RELATED | Elementary Exclusive: Newsroom Actor Nabs Guest Spot as Sherlock’s Ally
• Jon Michael Hill (Detroit 187) has been made a series regular on CBS’ Sherlock-centric drama Elementary, where he plays a detective, Deadline reports.
• Recording artist Ne-Yo will make a cameo in 90210‘s upcoming fifth season, TVGuide.com reports, appearing opposite Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) at LA’s famed Hollywood Bowl.
• Bravo announced Wednesday the development of five new scripted series: Heathers is a modern-day update of the ’80s cult hit; The Apartment centers on two adult children who rent out their late mother’s love nest to those engaged in extramarital affairs; The Darlings is the story of a wealthy, Upper East Side family impacted by a Ponzi scheme; All American Girl spans three time periods and centers on three women at the titular lifestyle magazine; and the family drama Rita is based on a Danish series about an acerbic teacher and mother.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?