Grey’s Anatomy boss Shonda Rhimes has confirmed what we pretty much already knew after watching Ellen Pompeo on Chelsea Lately last week: Katherine Heigl will not be returning to Grey’s Anatomy anytime soon.
While Pompeo chuckled and replied with a simple, “No, I don’t think that’s happening,” when asked about the prospect of her former co-star returning to the ABC series, Rhimes was even more definitive about a possible Izzie comeback.
“We are on a track we have been planning, and the idea of changing that track is not something we are interested in right now,” Rhimes tells TV Guide Magazine, adding that it’s “really nice to hear [Heigl] appreciating the show.”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• HBO has released a new trailer for Season 2 of Game of Thrones (premiering April 1), featuring Florence + The Machine’s chilling “Seven Devils.” (Speaking of Game of Thrones, do check out The Simpsons‘ awesome homage to the HBO series’ opening title sequence during last night’s episode.)
• Warner Bros. TV has pulled the plug on the CBS drama pilot Quean, which features an edgy hacker girl and an Oakland police detective who solve crimes together, Deadline reports. Sony Pictures, which owns the rights to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo book series, threatened to sue the studio over alleged similarities to the popular trilogy.
• Guillermo Diaz (Weeds, ABC’s upcoming new series Scandal) will guest star on Episode 18 of Law and Order: SVU, TVLine has learned exclusively. He’ll play a convict and self-educated lawyer who maintains his innocence.
• CBS will air the special ACM Presents: Lionel Richie and Friends — in Concert on April 13 at 9/8c, featuring performances from country music stars Sara Evans, Tim McGraw, Jennifer Nettles, The Band Perry, Lady Antebellum, Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney and more.
• GSN will pay tribute to the late Davy Jones by reairing his episode of The Newlywed Game on March 6 at 7/6c.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?