After screening tonight’s Once Upon a Time, in which Grumpy’s real name is revealed (as well as how he got his unfortunate new one), plus previewing the first act of the upcoming Red/Ruby-centric hour, the show’s cast and creators took to the stage at PaleyFest 2012 to dole out the spoilers.
First and foremost: As Raphael Sbarge (Archie/Jiminy Cricket) revealed, David and Mr. Gold are headed for his shrink’s couch. “David’s got problems,” laughed Josh Dallas, Prince Charming’s portrayer. As for “the beast,” the modern-day Rumpelstiltskin “doesn’t have anyone else to talk to,” noted Robert Carlyle, who plays him.
What else came out during the Q&A, moderated by TVLine’s own Matt Webb Mitovich?
* Emma isn’t going to start to believe Henry’s tall tales anytime soon. However, Jennifer Morrison teased that at least “she’s gonna start to think something’s up. She’s [just] not sure what.”
* Kathryn’s absence will be more of a hindrance than a help to the romance of David and Mary Margaret. “It’s put David in a place,” explained Dallas, “where he feels very guilty and responsible for her disappearance.” And, although her vanishing will be resolved in short order, there’s yet another obstacle ahead!
* We haven’t seen the last of Sidney Glass or Sheriff Graham. Not only does the man in the mirror have an arc before season’s end, but the Huntsman, series co-creator Edward Kitsis reminded fans, “is still very much alive in fairy tale world.”
* Also “before we get to the finale,” Kitsis said, “we’ll be pretty clear on who [mysterious newbie August] is.” Added OUAT co-creator Adam Horowitz, out there in the webisphere, already “someone’s got it right.”
* The root of the Evil Queen’s hatred of Snow White at last will be revealed before this season ends. “Its complication,” noted a cryptic Ginnifer Goodwin, “is what is so beautiful about it.”
* Yes, yes, they will eventually get to the Little Mermaid. “For us,” Kitsis said, “[Ariel] was more of a Season 2 thing.”
* And, last but not least, the Evil Queen’s frenemy, Maleficent, will likely be back. “It would be a disappointment,” Horowitz acknowledged, “if we never saw her again.”
Watch highlights below:
JENNIFER MORRISON on what it will take for Emma to believe Henry:
ROBERT CARLYLE on creating Rumplestiltskin’s look/sound:
GINNY GOODWIN on her favorite princess:
JENNIFER MORRISON on Emma opening a kissing booth, LANA PARRILLA on the Evil Queen’s wicked wardrobe: