Funnyman Dane Cook has been tapped to star in the NBC comedy pilot Next Caller Please.
The project centers on a Colorado radio host (played by Cougar Town‘s Collette Wolfe) who scores a dream gig with a New York-based satellite radio station. Alas, her excitement is dashed when she meets Cook’s character, her abrasive, hard-drinking and sexist new co-host.
Weeds producer Stephen Falk penned the pilot.
In other pilot news from our sister site Deadline:
• Back to the Future vet Christopher Lloyd will star opposite John Leguizamo in ABC’s Only Fools and Horses, which chronicles the misadventures of two brothers and their grandfather (Lloyd).
• Showtime’s drama pilot Masters of Sex has landed Beau Bridges to play University Chancellor Barton Scully, the boss of Michael Sheen’s sexuality pioneer William Masters.
• Roswell‘s Majandra Delfino will play Mandy Moore’s sister in an untitled ABC comedy produced by Date Night‘s Shawn Levy.
• Tiffany Hines (Nikita) has nabbed a role in ABC’s fashion-based soap Americana, playing a beautiful medical student and the best friend of Ashley Greene’s Alice.
• Robert Wisdom — who should be familiar to fans of The Wire, Supernatural and Burn Notice — has joined ABC’s music-set family soap Nashville. He’ll play a charismatic candidate for mayor of the Tennessee capital.
• Cary Elwes has joined Prairie Dogs, an ABC comedy pilot starring Kal Penn as an office lacky who embraces having his identity stolen. Per EW.com, the Princess Bride/Saw alum will play the company’s mysterious head of the design department.
Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?