The Chicago Code/L Word alumna has landed a two-episode guest spot on the ABC drama, playing Sophia, a “smart, commanding, and sexy” CIA agent helping Castle and Beckett search for a fellow operative who has gone rogue, TVGuide.com reports. Turns out, Sophia has a complicated past with the wily author, which, of course, causes tensions among the threesome. Beals’ episodes are slated to air in February.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Lisa Rinna will reprise her role as Billie Reed on Days of Our Lives beginning March 8, per The Hollywood Reporter. Details surrounding Billie’s return to Salem are being kept under wraps, but she was last seen (portrayed by Julie Pinson) in 2008 when she relocated to London.
• Hot In Cleveland is staging a Mary Tyler Moore reunion. Ed Asner will appear opposite his former co-star Betty White in an episode of the TV Land hit slated to air next summer, EW.com reports.
Popular on TVLine
• ABC is airing a Once Upon a Time mini-marathon on New Year’s Day. Four episodes will air consecutively beginning at 7/6c, though they are not the four most recent installments; the Jiminy Cricket-centric hour is not in the lineup.
• Spy Kids star Daryl Sabara and Necessary Roughness’ Hannah Marks will tackle the roles of Hanson and Gracie, respectively, on an upcoming Hansel and Gretel-esque episode of NBC’s Grimm, per EW.com.
• Jamie Gertz (Still Standing) has landed the lead in a single-camera comedy pilot for ABC, Deadline reports. The potential series centers on a family who moves to an upscale New Jersey community only to discover their neighbors are actually aliens.
• Rob Huebel (Children’s Hospital) and Paul Scheer (The League) have been named hosts of the 17th annual Critics’ Choice Awards, which will air live on VH1 Thursday, Jan. 12.
• Teen Wolf‘s Tyler Posey and pop star Demi Lovato will co-host MTV’s annual New Year’s Eve special.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?