CBS has announced that Big Bang Theory‘s Kaley Cuoco — who had a successful stint as Teen Choice Awards’ emcee last August — will host the 2012 People’s Choice Awards on Jan. 11.
“We are thrilled to welcome Kaley as the new host of People’s Choice Awards 2012,” executive producer Mark Burnett said in a statement Thursday. “She’s been making people laugh on top-rated comedy series for the last decade, first with 8 Simple Rules and now with The Big Bang Theory… I’m looking forward to working with her on a fun-filled, comedy-packed show in January.”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Eddie Murphy is looking to bring Beverly Hills Cop to the small screen. “What I’m trying to do now is produce a TV show starring Axel Foley’s son,” the actor says in the new issue of Rolling Stone. “And Axel is the chief of police now in Detroit. I’d do the pilot, show up here and there.”
• NBC has temporarily halted production on its buzzy midseason thriller, Awake. According to Vulture, executive producers Kyle Killen and Howard Gordon “needed the time to hash out where future episodes were headed.” At press time, Awake had six episodes in the can.
Popular on TVLine
• Former Monster Garage star Jesse James is returning to Discovery Channel to compete on American Chopper, EW.com reports. His two-part episode airs Dec. 5 and 6.
• Jerry O’Connell is at it again! The pilot season staple has sold a multi-cam comedy about fatherhood to CBS, per Deadline. O’Connell would star in and produce the potential series.
• Gilbert Gottfried has scored a potentially recurring guest spot on NBC’s Law & Order: SVU. According to TV Guide Magazine, the comedian will appear in the Nov. 30 episode as the precinct’s new IT guy who we’ll likely see “from time to time.”
• Disney’s Suite Life on Deck star Debby Ryan has booked a guest spot on a November episode of ABC’s Private Practice, E! Online reports. The starlet will play Hailey, a young girl Amelia (Caterina Scorsone) meets in rehab.
• NBC’s The Voice has tapped actress/R&B singer Christina Milian as its backstage Social Media Correspondent in Season 2, which premieres Sunday, Feb. 5 immediately following the Super Bowl.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?